Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Let's make it a little different this time...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Vasco Posted: 06:24 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061642
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
[/steal]

And explain why.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
exploding typhoon Posted: 07:06 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061653
exploding typhoon
Grammar strict policeman.
Post Likes: 5
+
List B.

Axe would let me get firewood, which I could light with the fire starter. It's also the only one that would allow me to stay in one spot the entire three years. I wouldn't have to go looking for water and/or ammo every day, so I could just find a safe area, and stay there.

I can't really see anything all that useful in C, besides the handbook, of course.

A hunting rifle would be useful, but I would prefer not being killed whilst looking for ammo for it. The medikit would also be nice, but I doubt I'd ever get a chance to use it. If I ran into a carnivorous dinosaur, I doubt I'd survive long enough to dress any of my wounds. If I caught some sort of disease, I wouldn't have any of the skills required to know what it was and treat it properly. In fact, I'd probably poison/kill myself with it.
"We are men of action, lies do not become us." - Westley

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

I wanna spin around on a 45.

Jam Jar Posted: 07:54 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061660
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
Post Likes: 0
+
C, the SAS handbook would tell me everything i need from finding food, to wrestling a crocodile. Thr rope coould be used for a number of things, and the machete can be used for chopping trees, catching fish, cutting things and a weapon.
TestVirus101 Posted: 08:02 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061661
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Use the handbook in C to learn to make the stuff in list A/B

« Last edited by TestVirus101 on Sep 13th 2011 »
Volke Posted: 08:07 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061662
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Probably list B, but only for the water purifying pills.

Problems with list A - I have little knowledge of medication, so it would be risky to use anything that I'm not 100% sure about. Besides, I doubt many people would run into a t-rex or group of velociraptors and live to tell the tale anyway. Hunting rifle is useless unless you seriously know how to fire a weapon. Besides, most dinos are too big to carry around after you've killed them, yet if you use the knife to cut off little bits, you'll probably be caught halfway through the act by some carnivorous critters due to the scent of blood.

Problems with list B - Making a fire is useless because the smoke will be seen at day, and the light will be seen at night. If you light a fire somewhere safe and concealed where neither will be seen, then the smoke will become a problem for you. I guess choking to death is a bit nicer than being eaten by scary dinos, though. Still, this is the best group of items as the water purifying pills would be essential.

Problems with list C - Whilst a machete is probably more useful than an axe/knife, this list has nothing medically useful. If you're thinking of using the rope, use it as a noose and hang yourself with it as it's an easier way of committing suicide. Using the rope to climb up trees is all well and good, but when you're up there, what are you going to do? The climb down is an eventuality and you'll probably have to face a few hungry dinos who saw you go up and are waiting for you to come down. Oh, and tyrannosaurs are as big as trees. Using the rope to navigate cliffs just renders you as pterodactyl fodder. The SAS survival guide is also less useful than one might think - it does not take into account that the jungle you're in is home to a bunch of dinosaurs looking to eat you.

Oh, a problem with all three lists - don't forget that dinos are too big to carry around, so what are you going to do for food? Abandoned vending machine contents won't last forever, and even if they did, you'd just die of malnutrition.

So whichever one you choose, you're going to become lunch at some point.
peanut butter ownage Posted: 08:39 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061666
peanut butter ownage
Friendly Neigborhood PBO!
Post Likes: 2
+
List C.

The handbook would tell me a number of things for one, so I wouldn't need the fire starter or water purifying pills in List B, and I also wouldn't need the medikit in List A. The machete could be used as a weapon, to cut through brush, to prepare meals, etc., and the rope could be beneficial in multiple ways.

BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 09:39 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061680
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
I would take option C and then slit my own wrists with the machete.

I probably wouldn't live long anyway.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 11:02 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061691
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
C, because real men go for big knives.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:24 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061692
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
List B.

Pills would help me have good Water Supply for the next three years. Fire starter will help me stay warm. Axe would help me cut trees. With the Axe, I could make a spear. A spear would help me find food.
kazualsk8r Posted: 19:27 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061792
kazualsk8r
aka Oatmeal
Post Likes: 3
+
I shouldn't have read Volke's post...

I was going to say list B because of the fire, but apparently fire is a bad thing. But water is important...you could live on the shore. I don't imagine many dinosaurs would come to the shore because there's nothing there for them. It might keep you safe for a while.
Rip Betty white
Xeta Posted: 20:32 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061802
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
A.

So I can shoot myself in the face.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
sphynxx Posted: 20:39 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061805
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Xeta said:A.

So I can shoot myself in the face.

My thoughts exactly.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Glitters the Magical Pony Posted: 22:08 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061853
Glitters the Magical Pony
Wishes Excadrill wasn't Uber
Post Likes: 8
+
A.

I'm actually an okay shot with a rifle, so when I have to use one, I'd have some experience, and since I'll be on the island for 3 years, I can only get better at shooting, perhaps, until the gun breaks or something. Knife can be also struck against stone to create sparks and make a fire, which I can use to purify water, or used as a alternative weapon if needed. I know a little bit about medicine, so I think having the med kit would be useful in some basic situations. Besides, who's to say this doesn't happen in the near future, in which I'll be in pharmacy and learning about medicine then? Then again, if I go nuts, I can just shoot myself ;)

^Thank you Z^

Blazblue said:Kokonoe: Any normal player starts crappin' bricks the moment they see you.
Arakune: Ahahaha. Well they toned me down this go-around. I can only manage 9000 damage in a 160-hit combo!

9000 damage equals to 9/10th's of your healthbar. Toned down? o_0
exploding typhoon Posted: 22:12 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061855
exploding typhoon
Grammar strict policeman.
Post Likes: 5
+
Is everyone on this site suicidal?
"We are men of action, lies do not become us." - Westley

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

I wanna spin around on a 45.

g33k Posted: 22:33 Sep13 2011 Post ID: 3061863
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
Option C, I'd build a boat out of bamboo and get off the island myself, screw waiting for rescue.

If all else fails I could always play tag with a T-Rex.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
Volke Posted: 03:33 Sep14 2011 Post ID: 3061876
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
exploding typhoon said:Is everyone on this site suicidal?

If you were forced to spend three years stuck on an island full of hungry carnivorous dinosaurs, with your only options for survival being one of three relatively poor packs of items, then I'm sure you would be too.

g33k said:Option C, I'd build a boat out of bamboo and get off the island myself, screw waiting for rescue.

If all else fails I could always play tag with a T-Rex.

I was waiting for someone to say that. Jurassic Park Island is, if I recall correctly, supposedly 200 or so miles west off the coast of Costa Rica. It would be unlikely you'd survive the trip, and you'd have to make sure you head in the right direction, too (heaven help you if you went west by accident).

Of course, it's probably all a lot more preferable than getting eaten alive by a dinosaur.
Layne. Posted: 04:44 Sep14 2011 Post ID: 3061885
Layne.
+
C.

If I felt like I could survive, because I somehow ignorantly managed to find confidence in the situation, I think it'd work best. Handbook would help me an enormous amount, obviously. The rope can act as a way to trip and trap dinosaurs so I could slice them up with my machete. If I were to choose B, well chances are I wouldn't make it to water to purify if all I had to wild was a heavy axe. And A, well I can imagine it would take me a good 20 shots to nail a dinosaur, AND I have to find the ammo. I often freak out and spray in video games for goodness sake. Plus, if I was to become suicidal because, you know, I would. The machete guarantees a death on my own accord. If I get caught by a dinosaur looking for some ammo, the death will be a complete mess, as I'm sure a knife would be no match for a dinosaur, especially with my combat prowess.

Nicooooole<3
balthiersbit Posted: 05:02 Sep14 2011 Post ID: 3061889
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Vasco, why you trying to kill off my family?

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

sphynxx Posted: 05:26 Sep14 2011 Post ID: 3061895
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
It's probably due to the mess they made at his place last Thanksgiving.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
balthiersbit Posted: 05:54 Sep14 2011 Post ID: 3061904
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Tails go out of control sometimes, its not my fault if it destroyed the house.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close