Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

MVP - SuperCheats.com - October 2011

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 12 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous | Next
Volke Posted: 05:04 Nov02 2011 Post ID: 3073291
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Uhh...

Team SuperCheats said:and the bonus is three lucky people will get a free game and worldwide kudos and repsect.

^I assumed that was for the three runners up.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Team SuperCheats Posted: 06:01 Nov02 2011 Post ID: 3073295
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
- And a slap on the back Smile
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
balthiersbit Posted: 06:11 Nov02 2011 Post ID: 3073297
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
And a kick up the...

okay I will stop now.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Volke Posted: 06:12 Nov02 2011 Post ID: 3073298
Volke
Executioner
+
So...no free game?

D'oh, that's what I was competing for.

Oh well...

EDIT - I must be misinterpreting something, because Rich's first post in the thread clearly states that three people will win a three game. I figured it would be the three runners up...Rich, could you elaborate please? I put a lot of time and effort into this thing because I thought I'd be getting a free game if I finished 4th or above.

« Last edited by Volke on Nov 2nd 2011 »
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 06:19 Nov02 2011 Post ID: 3073300
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
I might try on the next one. I really could use the money for either Saints Row The Third, or Halo 4. I probably should stop procrastinating and just get those last 50,000 points to get my name into the number 1 spot on the stats board.

I'm anxious to see what Alex's reaction would be. <3
Warrior13 Posted: 09:25 Nov02 2011 Post ID: 3073319
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Team SuperCheats said:Ok after some deliberation (I have been keeping track of the competition anyway), Keyblade21 is the winner for Octber 2011.

Congratulations! Awesome volume of answers, I know a lot were for older questions, but they are still valid as a lot of those questions still did not have answers or where they did your answers supplemented what was already there in many cases.

Keyblade21 managed more than double the number of answers than his closest competition (Warrior13), so even if some people question the usefulness of his answers, even if half were crap (and half were not crap BTW), he'd still be leading.

The only thing that gave me concern in awarding this to KB21 was there was not much activity in areas other than answers, focusing a bit more on hints and tips, a couple of reviews, comments, thumbs and forum thread starts would have been ideal - but to be honest no one really got close to you this month, so congratulations. I will PM you for an email address to send your voucher to.

Runners-up are:

Warrior13
Forgoten_Scars
Volke
richmond1210
groovermighster

Thanks for entering, hope you enjoyed it, congrats to KB21 - And look out for the Nov 2011 MVP thread - all activity will be counted from Nov 1st for this new one.

Wow... I really thought is was going to come down to Pollo and myself; with me barely pulling it out in the end...

This gets me very frustrated... I would have no problem if Pollo or Volke had beaten me, simply because they didn't answer old questions.

I bet all of us would have answered old questions if we knew it would help us to win.

I feel like I wasted a lot of my valuable time. I had to work my tail off to get on at a specific time just so I could answer the questions I knew. If I didn't do so, Pollo or Glaceon would surely have answered them. I increased my Forum posts. I answered a ton of comments to answers that were basically more questions. And yet... I lost because I didn't answer old questions?!?!

I feel this is the wrong decision.

I feel this may be near the end of Warrior13...

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 2nd 2011 »
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 09:42 Nov02 2011 Post ID: 3073321
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Well if it helps, I had been keeping an eye on Key. Whenever I saw him answer a question, it seems he put in a decent amount of effort. His answers were on the same level as mine.

As I said to Volke, I'm not at all surprised that Key won. He probably put in 70 or more hours worth of effort towards this site. While the effort may have been aimed in a different direction, it wasn't a terrible direction.

I'm not happy with him winning a MVP due to old question answering, but I'm not mad either. Try to feel the same, if you can. It would make you feel better Warrior. :S
Glaceon Posted: 10:49 Nov02 2011 Post ID: 3073334
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
Interesting results. Perhaps next time I might beable to answer some questions before they're all taken. ;3

Good effort, all.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
fatassmonkey Posted: 21:38 Nov02 2011 Post ID: 3073525
fatassmonkey
Some kind of monkey
Post Likes: 116
+
i loved it!
sphynxx Posted: 01:35 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073551
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Uh hang on Keyblade left the site remember.... Should he still be eligble for the prize, seeing as he essentially turned his back on the MVP by leaving & saying the site was pretty much a waste of his time?

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 02:27 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073555
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
It would most likely be key's choice at this point. Give up the prize or keep it. :S
sphynxx Posted: 02:36 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073557
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Honestly - I don't think he should get a choice. He left, gave very clear evidence he found the site more of a detriment to his life than a benefit.

He should be ineligible to win the prize as he turned his back on the site & the competition.

Im' not saying this because I dislike the guy, or even because I have a chance at getting my name pushed up - because I like him - and I didn't even try for the MVP.

I just think it's more fair to the site morale that a person who has dedicate time to the site, and hasn't turned their back on it should get the reward. Not someone who leaves halfway through the compeition they won, citing the site as a negative influence.

EDIT; looking back, I've seen he's posted recently. But my point still stands. It seems as if he only came back due to having a chance at winning.

Hey, if Rich thinks he deserves it - that's all good with me. Merely voicing some valid concerns.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Nov 3rd 2011 »

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Team SuperCheats Posted: 04:08 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073572
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Volke - you are right, my mistake:

'So, good luck to everyone that tries, it is just a bit of fun to help stir up some activity and motivation on the website and the bonus is three lucky people will get a free game and worldwide kudos and repsect. '

Volke
Forgoten_Scars
Warrior13

Are eligible for a free game, please let me know which one you want.

Clearing up about Keyblade -
Whether or not he has left the site is moot, he was the best overall contributor in October. I knew it would not be a popular choice, but it's not a popularity contest, it was a contest to see you provided the most useful information to site in October, and whether or not he answered a lot of old questions (that had not been answered) doesn't matter too much, those questions are still used a lot by people every day, especially for popular games.

We're running the November competition now, I'm starting a new thread for it - I've doubled the overall winenrs prize too!
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 06:40 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073584
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Team SuperCheats said:and whether or not he answered a lot of old questions (that had not been answered) doesn't matter too much, those questions are still used a lot by people every day, especially for popular games.

I could have sworn I said something almost exactly like that in another thread. Allow me to put on my happy face.
*Happy face.*

But I get a game now? Cool beans. Saints Row The Third pls. I need to get that game memorized and start subbing stuff for it as soon as possible. <3
Warrior13 Posted: 07:36 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073599
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Richard: Give my game to the next Runner-Up. There are no games that I would care for.
Volke Posted: 14:04 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073709
Volke
Executioner
+
Rich, I'll e-mail you regarding the game I'd like. Thanks.
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:27 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073726
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Congrats Keyblade and the runners-up. You guys truly put in a lot of effort.
qwertyuio Posted: 23:52 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073848
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Congrats guys, good job for good effort and time invested. Smile Personally I've got no hard feelings toward Keyblade, I can actually agree with Rich. He was the most valuable for the site this month, and that's all that should really matter in terms of the competition.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Warrior13 Posted: 01:02 Nov04 2011 Post ID: 3073856
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I know. I just over-reacted. XD
richmond1210 Posted: 05:17 Nov04 2011 Post ID: 3073899
richmond1210
Post Likes: 10
+
Me, runners-up!! What?
Displaying Page 12 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close