Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

How I do what I do. Sorta.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Hyperfox Posted: 05:01 Nov29 2011 Post ID: 3080769
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
Post Likes: 41
+
Today I will show you all, sorta, how I do this. If any of you were interested.

(Also, comments and reception would be nice.)

Program : Microsoft Paint (Windows 7)
Tool : Wireless Logitech Mouse

Step 1 : I open up Paint

Image.

Okay. Simple enough. That background is Pixel's (Cave Story) "Neko100" or something like that project. I just put it together in a wallpaper style.

Step 2 : Start doodling with nothing in mind

Image.

I could have added a few more steps before this but oh well. This is the rough stage of the creation. Usually, I don't have any thing planned when I do these. Just whatever happens to be on my mind at the time. Various things get changed from here, such as position, colors, and other details depending on the task at hand.

Step 3 : Shading, Coloring, and Tweaking

Image.

This can come in any order, but for this project it was: Coloring - Shading - Tweaking. Coloring is pretty obvious, but for choices I go with colors that compliment each other or totally contrast each other. Shading wasn't as much of an issue, as much as it was "thicking" out the outlines. Tweaking is cleaning up a few spots and changing a few things. Such as changing the color of the eyes into pitch black rather than almost black. Not to mention the mouth on this one as well.

Step 4 : Background and More Tweaking

Image.

I make a background with what I think will go well with the main focal point of the picture at hand. With this one I decided swirls and spikes would look great. After than, I thought the left was missing something, so I added "lines" going through all the spikes and swirls. I wanted to add a word the left of the character though, so I moved the whole image to the right a bit so I could have enough room. After which I thought about what I would write. Originally, I wanted to write "Ring!" in Katakana. However I decided against it and went with good ol' English. Also. Interrobangs. If I have the chance to add them, I will add them.

Step 5 : Final Details, Cleaning Up and Final Product

Image.

For this one, it needed to be the background colors. It was all very bland and boring, so I thought of colors that were different from the center. For the right I chose purple and green, and it came out pretty well I'd say. As for the left I had troubles deciding what the colors should have been. I ended up with soothing colors to go against the more fierce ones. Followed by some cleaning up and a bit of tweaking, attempting to sign it with a mouse, and here we are! The final product.

Step A : Aftermath

I may change up the colors, but this tend to be more sloppy and for my own curiosity's sake. I don't post these, but since this is a sort of how I do my things sorta thing.

Image.

Image.

And there you go, that is how I make the things I make as far pixel works go. A few things to note are I usually do these when I'm alone and I can focus.

Along with that, I always have a certain type or one song going with the project. For this one it was this, but I warn in advance that the image through the whole video is for the most part NSFW.

I tend to be awake at horrendous hours of the day. Just look at the first image's clock.

All right. That's all folks.

« Last edited by Hyperfox on Nov 29th 2011 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Craizen Posted: 14:30 Nov29 2011 Post ID: 3080818
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
I'll have to figure out how to post this as tut lol. Maybe I'll just link the tut. Thanks for the very informative share
Hyperfox Posted: 15:31 Nov29 2011 Post ID: 3080840
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
Post Likes: 41
+
Why thank you, I tried to make it all images instead of Image. It wasn't working however. :/
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close