Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Computer Problem

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

nightmare2 Posted: 19:24 Mar23 2012 Post ID: 3102537
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Alright so recently my computer has been having a few issues. The main one is that randomly the monitor goes black and the computer starts beeping loudly. It doesn't let me do anything, nor does it stop, except shut down the computer manually. After doing that I normally have to wait a few hours to turn it back on and have it actually work. And whenever I get back on I check to make sure everything is fine and it is; also when I run the security programs I have the results say that there are no threats.

So anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it? Would rather not have to pay a professional unless I have to.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:30 Mar23 2012 Post ID: 3102542
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Use this to find out what the beeps mean, then go from there. Likely a hardware or RAM problem.
sphynxx Posted: 03:37 Mar24 2012 Post ID: 3102591
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Fix the problem; buy a new computer.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Jay_Dee Posted: 14:15 Mar25 2012 Post ID: 3102915
Jay_Dee
Post Likes: 10
+
I'd, with this information, say it'd be a graphics card problem. Maybe over-heating. But it could really be anything. You should try giving more information. Like.. what are you doing when it happens? How much are you doing on the computer (just browsing the internet, maybe playing a game, or maybe even doing nothing)? Things like that.

But I'd check out the thread that Mike linked to. Just be sure to go to the section for whatever BIOS system your computer uses.
nightmare2 Posted: 17:38 Mar25 2012 Post ID: 3102975
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Well it kinda happens at random, sometimes a little after just turning the computer on, or when I am on the internet. I don't really multitask on the computer so normally only one thing is up, like microsoft word or supercheats. It is a pretty old computer though maybe like 3-4 years old, its a Dell XPS 600

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
sphynxx Posted: 00:04 Mar26 2012 Post ID: 3103079
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
There's your issue, it's old, and it' Dell.

Dell don't make computers to last for ages, they make computers that work well at the start, then issues come in which make you need their parts.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Jay_Dee Posted: 12:57 Mar26 2012 Post ID: 3103267
Jay_Dee
Post Likes: 10
+
Yeah. Just the fact that it's a Dell means you should shell out a few hundred bucks for a new computer. Non-Dell.
nightmare2 Posted: 15:10 Mar26 2012 Post ID: 3103297
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
I think you guys are a bit biased on this. We got another dell that works just fine and its atleast a year older.

steelersrock01 Posted: 15:25 Mar26 2012 Post ID: 3103306
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah I gave my mom my old Dell and it's worked fine for two years now. Have you figured out what the beeps mean yet?
g33k Posted: 16:09 Mar26 2012 Post ID: 3103363
g33k
Mr. Lurker
Post Likes: 0
+
Jay_Dee said:Yeah. Just the fact that it's a Dell means you should shell out a few hundred bucks for a new computer. Non-Dell.

Dell if probably one of the best computer manufactures out there. I have had two and never had a problem with them (except one that got surged, so that wasn't Dell's fault).

Generally a Dell machine will last for a very long time, without any hardware issues. Although each computer is different and different issues pop-up in all computers and brands.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
nightmare2 Posted: 19:11 Mar26 2012 Post ID: 3103411
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
I think it is a memory error, after restarting it once I went under configuration and it had something about bad memory, so I would assume it has to do with the RAM

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close