Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Advanced Placement Tests

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Jay_Dee Posted: 00:44 May12 2012 Post ID: 3112052
Jay_Dee
Post Likes: 10
+
Thought about putting this in Education.
Realised that it would be a stupid idea.
So it's here instead.

So, I'm not sure how it is in other countries; but in America, we're going through a bunch of different 'AP' tests. Basically, every person that wants to take the test in the country will take the exact same test at the exact time as everyone else in the country. Meaning, say, 9 o'clock in your timezone.

They're run by some 'College Board' company or something.
Oh, look. Google helps: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/about.html

But yeah, my high school offers three AP classes - Biology, Spanish, and English. So the school offered to host taking these three tests. We could take other AP tests as well, we'd just have to do it on our own time or something.

I took the English (Literature and Composition, I think it was called) one. Wanted to try Spanish, but I missed the first semester of the AP class, so I wasn't allowed. I'm terrible at science things, so didn't even try for that one.

But I took the English on just... Thursday. There were only 55 multiple choice questions, and three essays. The essays sucked - two hours of near-nonstop writing is definitely not fun. Multiple Choice was anti-climatically easy.

I had absolutely no issues with this test in any way. I thought the ACT was harder. I thought even the few Practice Tests I did for this were harder. The national average on the test is about a 2.3 or something like that. I feel confident that I'll get at least a 3.5. Though maybe I only thought it was easy - felt like I knew the answers, but end up being wrong with all of them.

Anyone else take these tests? Anyone else thought they were easy? Or were they hard for you?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Yogi_Bear Posted: 10:27 May12 2012 Post ID: 3112147
Yogi_Bear
Post Likes: 0
+
I've taken two AP tests so far last week and I'm scheduled to take two more next week. I took the AP Computer Science A and the AP US History. The Computer Science wasn't bad, 70 minutes for 40 multiple choice I think it was. And then the part two which was writing out methods or classes was easy, I finished it with 45 minutes to spare. The History was easier than I expected it would be. History is my worst subject and I expected to do poorly, but I thought the multiple choice was easy, and the essays weren't all that bad either. Next week I am taking Physics on Monday and English Language & Composition (Which is completely different than the one JD took) on Wednesday.
Thanks Craizen

Proc^^
++Pixel Euphoria
balthiersbit Posted: 15:15 May13 2012 Post ID: 3112355
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
We never had anything like that or SATS, those started after I left school thank GAWD. It all sounds so difficult!

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Warrior13 Posted: 21:00 May13 2012 Post ID: 3112396
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Never took AP classes. I like being in "normal" classes.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on May 13th 2012 »
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close