Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Admin PM

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 04:42 Jun12 2012 Post ID: 3119107
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Can we get things set up so PM's can be sent to members by the site advertising special content or requested content?

We currently get an email when our submissions are accepted, when there are changes to our account, when a subscribed thread is posted in, or when there's a newsletter. It might be better to send a message to the person's account as well, or even skip the email sometimes if they would rather get a PM - Give the member the choice to avoid getting blacklisted as a spam site.

We currently have an account on site called Admin that manages the guests, right? Just send messages from that, or Rich's account.

We have to send out another newsletter in about a month. If this is installed before then, could HTML be enabled from whatever account sends these PM's? I'll code a second version of the newsletter just for PM's, since the site's CSS may mess with the email version. Dunno how I'd test it right now to make sure it works, but I'll figure that out later.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Team SuperCheats Posted: 10:35 Jun16 2012 Post ID: 3120645
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
hi - yes good idea we should try to utilise our PM system and maybe section it off - but if they don't check their SC account then they won't know, and most visitors that get this kind of mail are probably not real regulars checking their PMs.

I think for now newsletters should go via email still - but we could send a copy via the pm system.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Craizen Posted: 14:06 Jun17 2012 Post ID: 3120883
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Ahem, I totally mentioned this on FB
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close