Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Where was God?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 03:39 Dec31 2012 Post ID: 3191477
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+

Your thoughts?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
sphynxx Posted: 03:58 Dec31 2012 Post ID: 3191483
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Tbh, all this is nonsense to me personally.

There've been atrocities commited under the of God.

It's illogical, and irrational for anyone, religious or not, to put things down to the presence, or lack of, God in communities and the sort.

Fact is; whether there is a religious presence or not, there will always be those individuals who will cause harm to themselves and others. That does not mean there is no God, or that "evil" is taking over. It's a tiny percentage of the human populace making headlines.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Dark Breloom Posted: 23:44 Jan05 2013 Post ID: 3195595
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
Yet again, religion is brought up into something that doesn't have to do with it at all.

And no, Obama, you don't look good quoting things from the Bible.
sphynxx Posted: 22:41 Jan06 2013 Post ID: 3196289
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
I think he looked quite handsome actually.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Keyblade21 Posted: 01:41 Jan14 2013 Post ID: 3199415
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
I think Mr. Huckabee is a smart man. In my opinion, everything he said was dead on. We've (mostly Americans) tried to remove God systematically from everywhere besides churches, and then when something like that happens we wonder where he was. I don't really think anything we do is really his problem. He doesn't have to intervene. We as humans have screwed ourselves over, and we are just looking for someone to mop up the mess. If I were God, I wouldn't do anything either. People never learn until they have to clean up their own mistakes. If this world does end, I don't think it will be God who does it. I think we as human beings will be the ones who bring the end to the world. I don't see what's so bad about talking about God in public places. Religions are just guidelines to what each of our individual beliefs are. Most of us believe in a higher power, do we not? Why can't we all evolve to the point where we respect each others beliefs? Its ridiculous how people get offended when you say Merry Christmas. Hell, if someone walking down the street said Happy Hanukkah to me, i'd say it right back. It may not be my belief, but I owe it to them to respect their beliefs.
Well, enough of my ramblings. (Man I need to work on keeping topics together. I am all over the place.)

« Last edited by Keyblade21 on Jan 14th 2013 »

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
daney Posted: 01:47 Jan14 2013 Post ID: 3199420
daney
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
God is everywhere.
Dark Breloom Posted: 16:37 Jan14 2013 Post ID: 3199592
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
It's funny how the above two comments are acting like God is real to everyone.
Craizen Posted: 11:54 Jan15 2013 Post ID: 3199809
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Religious debates on the internet should a criminal offense
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 17:49 Jan15 2013 Post ID: 3199894
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Agreed Craize. Some people just take it too personally.

I agree with everything Mr.Huckabee said, but having only seen that video, I think the presence of God was called in a bit soon. The only real part God plays in this is the care of the murdered children now that they're in his hands.

Some divine intervention would have been nice. For a father who's children have disowned him, tough love isn't that bad of a call though. Having the morals and rules of life Christianity, and a number of other religions, instills in you be more widespread would certainly help, but certainly wouldn't fix the problem. There will always be that one unstable individual who wants to make a name for themselves by committing some unspeakable crime.
Pathosray Posted: 20:04 Jan16 2013 Post ID: 3200149
Pathosray
Post Likes: 0
+
Too busy not existing.
In the grand scheme of the universe, we are nought but a temporary collection of matter adrift in space-time.
Cross Stinger Posted: 12:22 Jan19 2013 Post ID: 3200882
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
Once again, somebody's trying to spin a school shooting to reflect court rulings and outcry over the use of religious figures in public establishments. There's been a whole host of school shootings in the United States even before this so-called 'War on Christianity' began, while the uptick in shootings can be ascribed to accessibility of weapons, increased media interest, and reduced mental health support and deinstitutionalisation. To say that it's because we asked God to take a back seat to other things just diverts our attention from the aforementioned factors, which I'm going to let other members expound elsewhere.

I'm not even interested in the debate over having Father Christmas in schools or a Nativity scene in the public square. They don't offend me; they don't necessarily mean that the state is trying to impose religion upon us.

If there's one thing I agree with Huckabee on, though, it's this: God did show up in the aftermath. It would have been better for Huckabee, being a former Baptist minister, to say that God doesn't leave when told to.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close