Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

(Suggestions) "Currently Online" Status and Ability to Close/ Pin Own Forums

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

DragladeFan Posted: 18:32 Jun16 2013 Post ID: 3253268
DragladeFan
Despicable Me Minion Lover
Post Likes: 3
+
Okay, I just came up with an idea a few days ago and an idea yesterday. I was wondering if we could put a "Currently Online" status thing under the + icon that lets you send users mail and view their bio. Like, for example, at the bottom of the pop- up we can put "Currently Online" so we know (on the T&C and forum pages) who's online so we don't have to go through a loading process (for people- like me- who get impatient with their slow devices/ computers). Another thing is that I think it would be a good idea to put a "Close" or "Pin" option up for users, too, so that if they got the help they need (on their own forum) they don't have to wait for an SMod to close it after it hasn't got any replies for a while. And so they can close it without PMing an SMod. Also, it'll be good for a user so they don't feel like they're creating too many forums. I usually feel like I'm doing that since it says to close your forums to avoid making too many. If anyone responds, thanks!

« Last edited by DragladeFan on Jun 16th 2013 »
I'm now in love with the little "despicable" Minions from Despicable Me. I saw the second film a few weeks ago and loved it and now I adore the Minions as well. They're too cute! Who doesn't love Minions? And I might not have a new sig and avy up for a while since I'm saving Images to my 3DS Camera. Look on Examiner.com to read what they're saying in the first film's credits.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 21:22 Jun16 2013 Post ID: 3253312
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
The green bar underneath your avatar shows that the person is online. Not a fan of members closing their own threads, activity's low now so there's not much clutter. It's easier to just leave things open in case somebody can add to the topic. However if you see a duplicate thread or complete spam just report it using the report button so we can catch it.
Keyblade21 Posted: 02:31 Jun17 2013 Post ID: 3253350
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
As Mikey said, implemented into the new layout, instead of it saying "Currently Online" there will be a green bar under your User status image that will appear if the user is online.

I agree with what Mikey said about members being able to close their own topics. If members could close their own topics than it could create clutter because other members might have questions or comments about the same thing as your topic. If you need a topic closed/moved then it is best just to PM an Smod or Admin.

The report button does work, and you won't get in trouble unless you start reporting topics or posts that have nothing wrong with them. Not just one or two, but multiple reports for no reason. Just making sure you aren't scared of it. (It doesn't bite. Unless you feed it.)

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
DragladeFan Posted: 15:32 Jun17 2013 Post ID: 3253463
DragladeFan
Despicable Me Minion Lover
Post Likes: 3
+
LOL! Okay, thanks! XD It's pretty cool how the green bar shows you're online. Well, now that I know. Thanks again, guys! Smile
I'm now in love with the little "despicable" Minions from Despicable Me. I saw the second film a few weeks ago and loved it and now I adore the Minions as well. They're too cute! Who doesn't love Minions? And I might not have a new sig and avy up for a while since I'm saving Images to my 3DS Camera. Look on Examiner.com to read what they're saying in the first film's credits.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close