Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

God talk

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Volke Posted: 15:17 Jul24 2014 Post ID: 3331724
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
To help myself deny that I'm the next Jesus, I'm going with Agnostic.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:12 Jul24 2014 Post ID: 3331749
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
"I believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible. I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; Through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets... I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen."
KingofCorn Posted: 16:38 Jul24 2014 Post ID: 3331762
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Nice creed.
Matt77 Posted: 19:13 Jul24 2014 Post ID: 3331797
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
KoC said:He does exist. When prayersget answered it's pretty obvious.

This is why I can't have a proper religious conversation with you. You refuse to believe anything else. I accept the fact that there could be a god, and if there is sufficient proof that there is, I will believe. But until that day, I will remain a strong Atheist.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 24th 2014 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
KingofCorn Posted: 19:59 Jul24 2014 Post ID: 3331824
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Have you ever seen Pulp Fiction?
Dark Breloom Posted: 10:07 Jul26 2014 Post ID: 3332091
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
if you're really going to use pulp fiction as religious proof then you might as well stop posting
KingofCorn Posted: 12:35 Jul26 2014 Post ID: 3332109
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
It was more of a joke.
Jirachi X☺ Posted: 16:07 Jul26 2014 Post ID: 3332147
Jirachi X☺
Post Likes: 9
+
KingofCorn said:He does exist. When prayersget answered it's pretty obvious.

Hitler prayed to murder jews. Does god still real?
Chikablam Posted: 19:54 Jul26 2014 Post ID: 3332158
Chikablam
Post Likes: 24
+
Can't tell if KoC has started trolling, or has gotten significantly stupider....
Formerly
KingofCorn Posted: 22:01 Jul26 2014 Post ID: 3332169
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Screw you too.
Matt77 Posted: 03:06 Jul27 2014 Post ID: 3332198
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I like (post like) an average of 5 posts a day now XD

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 27th 2014 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Volke Posted: 05:12 Jul27 2014 Post ID: 3332213
Volke
Executioner
+
Hahaha I can't believe I missed the prayers post.

What about prayers that aren't answered? Like my good friend Jirachi X above said, Hitler prayed to murder all the Jews, it got answered. But didn't at least some of those 6 million Jews pray not to get murdered? Keep in mind that Christians and Jews have the same God.

Yeah, basically, if what you believe is true - God exists and he does answer prayers sometimes - the two World Wars prove that he's, well, a bit of a cu.nt.
Avengein Posted: 07:08 Jul27 2014 Post ID: 3332221
Avengein
Post Likes: 31
+
I had to dust off this old hunk of **** account to comment on this thread because it's so incredulous.

Firstly, if you're going to invite a discussion to share religious views, you probably shouldn't then follow up every reply with passive aggressive bible bashing. Nobody wants you to sell your faith to them - you're being obnoxious and painting a rather unfavourable perception of your religion.

Secondly, if you're going to discuss 'proof' when it comes to spiritual existence you've immediately discredited yourself entirely. Religion is an enigma and there isn't definite proof whatsoever. Faith is ultimately what allows religion to manifest. You've been ripped to shreds by people who find the premise of your argument as ridiculous as I found it, which for the record, was ridiculous enough to bring this hunk-of-junk account out of obscurity.

Finally, accept that there will never be a world where everybody shares your religious views. It would be an awful world if so. That's not a blight on your religion (much as you're trying your best to do so), but more of a assertion of rationality. All religions have their pros and cons, but to monopolize religion would not only magnify the pros, but also those cons. A world of many religions regulates what is right and wrong and provides a better rounded society. Essentially, you're cheating yourself out of a clearer mindset by being so close-minded and unwilling to listen to the beliefs of others.

For the record, I am an atheist. I attended Catholic education for 13 years. I'd argue that this schooling is what led me to become an atheist, because the more I learnt, the less I believed. No, I won't be converted thanks. I prefer to deal in what can be reasonably proven and a religion of any description does not satisfy that criteria.

« Last edited by Avengein on Jul 27th 2014 »
What the hell am I doing here?
Dark Breloom Posted: 09:57 Jul27 2014 Post ID: 3332254
Dark Breloom
+
Avengein said:I had to dust off this old hunk of **** account to comment on this thread because it's so incredulous.

Firstly, if you're going to invite a discussion to share religious views, you probably shouldn't then follow up every reply with passive aggressive bible bashing. Nobody wants you to sell your faith to them - you're being obnoxious and painting a rather unfavourable perception of your religion.

Secondly, if you're going to discuss 'proof' when it comes to spiritual existence you've immediately discredited yourself entirely. Religion is an enigma and there isn't definite proof whatsoever. Faith is ultimately what allows religion to manifest. You've been ripped to shreds by people who find the premise of your argument as ridiculous as I found it, which for the record, was ridiculous enough to bring this hunk-of-junk account out of obscurity.

Finally, accept that there will never be a world where everybody shares your religious views. It would be an awful world if so. That's not a blight on your religion (much as you're trying your best to do so), but more of a assertion of rationality. All religions have their pros and cons, but to monopolize religion would not only magnify the pros, but also those cons. A world of many religions regulates what is right and wrong and provides a better rounded society. Essentially, you're cheating yourself out of a clearer mindset by being so close-minded and unwilling to listen to the beliefs of others.

For the record, I am an atheist. I attended Catholic education for 13 years. I'd argue that this schooling is what led me to become an atheist, because the more I learnt, the less I believed. No, I won't be converted thanks. I prefer to deal in what can be reasonably proven and a religion of any description does not satisfy that criteria.

KingofCorn Posted: 12:55 Jul27 2014 Post ID: 3332290
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Avengein said:
I attended Catholic education for 13 years.

My condolences.

« Last edited by KingofCorn on Jul 27th 2014 »
Craizen Posted: 13:15 Jul27 2014 Post ID: 3332309
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
KoC I'm going to say it again because obviously you didn't read it the first time

You can't reply to everything just to bash the one little point you didn't feel correct.

**** if DnD was still open we would have ate you alive by now
KingofCorn Posted: 13:49 Jul27 2014 Post ID: 3332320
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
So I have to reply to every little detail of his argument like a debate team?
Dark Breloom Posted: 14:09 Jul27 2014 Post ID: 3332323
Dark Breloom
+
KingofCorn said:So I have to reply to every little detail of his argument like a debate team?

are you actually serious right now?
Volke Posted: 14:20 Jul27 2014 Post ID: 3332326
Volke
Executioner
+
Nah, he can't be, nobody's that narrow minded...are they?
Avengein Posted: 16:20 Jul27 2014 Post ID: 3332362
Avengein
Post Likes: 31
+
KingofCorn said:So I have to reply to every little detail of his argument like a debate team?

That's not what he meant at all. You don't have to reply to my post at all.

What he's referring to is how this thread was almost like a bait/trap. You set it, posting a seemingly discussion generating topic inviting others to share their views and then you jumped down their throat with 'definite proof' as to why your religion is more believable.
What the hell am I doing here?
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 372443

Post Top
Click to close