Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

A message from qwertyuio

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Team SuperCheats Posted: 08:00 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3335907
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Yeah you are right - BUT If I were to say, ok, yeah I'll give you a job - do you know the level of outcry I'd receive - It would have to be a fair opportunity for everyone to that was interested to make their case.

I'll make a thread.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 08:04 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3335909
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
Team SuperCheats said:Yeah you are right - BUT If I were to say, ok, yeah I'll give you a job - do you know the level of outcry I'd receive - It would have to be a fair opportunity for everyone to that was interested to make their case.

I'll make a thread.

Well yeah, of course. You would expect some people who contribute more than I do to apply too.

This is my older account in case you didn't know.

« Last edited by BURNOUTFREAK on Aug 10th 2014 »
Team SuperCheats Posted: 08:07 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3335913
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Well the thread is here, anyone is welcome to apply.

: http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=137821
v-gamer Posted: 08:45 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3335923
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
I don't think any one on PXE actually hates SC. As was mentioned too many times by too many different people, (almost) everyone on the site was on SC, at one time. So we visit for the nostalgia, looking at older threads and remembering what a great community we thought this was.

A lot has changed, though. We don't come here with the intention to troll the site. If I recall correctly, we contributed quite a bit until KingofCorn preached and posted various forms of "+1" posts just to post in a topic and be the most recent poster.

Ironically, it was generally thought that KingofCorn was a troll until he seemed like he was being serious. And then some members on PXE were bold enough not only to defend their own opinions, but also try to open his mind that not everyone thinks in the same manner.

I guess that's being immature, though. We apologize for being open-minded and, at the same time, having a sense of humor. I'm pretty sure past members who posted in the SC forums used to be like that. I wonder what happened to that diversity?

Anyway, I'm not here to say that SC sucks. I don't think that. It does have more than its forums, especially when the other part of the site is considered the "main site." But most of the forum posters will remember this site, well, for its forums. Just something to keep in mind...
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
XZYOE Posted: 09:05 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3335936
XZYOE
lukie is hot
Post Likes: 1
+
Team SuperCheats said:- quite an achievement, real shame about what happened to our boards though, but so be it. And also a real shame that certain members of PXE decided to troll our boards once more - is there nothing more interesting for some of you guys to do?!?

Also so laughable that PXE actually solicit this site for members... LMFAO.... You have no new member stream... hahahahahahaha... Getting a bit stale ad old mouldy over there is it? Fed up of chatting to the same people about the same things... ok - whatever... carry on...

A. We just came to the old stomping ground for a bit of nostalgia and then ran into this KingofCorn guy who is basically troll baiting us. I mean really, have you seen this guy post?
B. We're not really trying to attract new members... I mean you currently have like four active ones. We aren't running a business, we're just a bunch of friends.

Team SuperCheats said:People like Crossy, Dave and Derek (and others), those guys back in the day really helped spur the advance of our board, but alas now it's not really like that, people generally have more things to do and places to be.

You do realize that these are the guys who actually spurred the decline of your forums right? Maybe not so much Crossy, but SO many members left because of Dave. I guess you never really paid attention to the forums back then, but to say Dave was a positive force on this website is... Liar

P.S. why did Xeta get banned? The "show me the admin codes" post to Derek was a joke, then he complied because he has some vendetta against you.
UNLOCKED
Team SuperCheats Posted: 10:34 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3335946
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Dave was like marmite - he had loads of fans, and contributed a lot to our forums over the years - unfortunately it didn't end well!

Xeta - I have no idea - I ban a lot of people.
XZYOE Posted: 11:41 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3335951
XZYOE
lukie is hot
Post Likes: 1
+
Team SuperCheats said:Xeta - I have no idea - I ban a lot of people.

You should unban it then! Thumbs Up
UNLOCKED
KingofCorn Posted: 13:28 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336025
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Oh my I get mentioned in so many posts. I have the right to share my views(see 1st Amendment).
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 13:35 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336034
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
The first amendment only protects your freedom of speech, and freedom of press from government interference.
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:38 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336037
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
and therefore does not apply to private businesses like this one (See: people being banned recently)
Team SuperCheats Posted: 13:51 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336041
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Xeta's ban was for comment abuse - I dunno exactly, because that is the only note that I have ... But I have unbanned it.
KingofCorn Posted: 13:53 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336043
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Well give me a break I'm not a lawyer!
Avengein Posted: 18:40 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336104
Avengein
Post Likes: 31
+
Rich, Richard, Richie, Big Daddy R, I'd like to clear the air.

Yes, we still post here very sporadically. We all have fond memories of what this place once was.

No, we don't need new members. We get by just fine with 20+ active members and 500+ daily posts.

Credit where credit is due you've fought hard for the main site, but unfortunately those who were given the power to 'grow' the forums systematically dismantled it through tyrant-like governance. If they hadn't been this way, PXE wouldn't stand as it currently is.

Dave was the absolute worst of the lot. Absolute prick but I'm sure he sucked up to you to counteract how you must've felt when you saw how much of a prick he was. Was on a serious power trip and bullied young teenagers. Oh we can't forget how creepily forward he was with some of the girls here, most of which were under the age of consent at the time. That's far from ideal.

Derek too ruled a bit like he was an untouchable god of SC. Though not on the scale of Dave (who was pretty much the anti-Christ of these forums), but still at his peak it drove away a lot of members.

Will contributed a lot to the main site with his submissions, but subtly ingrained a very serious and machine-like mindset among the members here. It effectively bred the kind of members who turned this place from a social hangout and fun place to be to a dictatorship where arrogant teens on a power trip who were borne of Will's blunt administrative personality killed the members who helped sustain this place for so long.
He may have helped the main site, but Will was a huge buzz kill and so many kids sucked up to him and copied his ways. Maybe he could've been an admin for the main site, but he was a wet blanket on the forums.

So I guess in summary these forums COULD have gone on to greater heights but unfortunately a constant recruitment of arrogant fun police to the mods/super mods/admin ranks killed off activity by severely over-policing the forums. One was attracted by the prospect of fun and enjoyment and driven away by the suffocating presence of those in power.

PXE exists to plug that gap and we're essentially what SC could have been had certain individuals not exerted their huge egos all over the site.

Unfortunately I think it's too late unless a serious rebrand is had, perhaps even a complete archiving of all current threads (for nostalgia) and reopening the forums with a new look, a new team of super mods and some new members who aren't poisoned from the get-go by the authoritarian rule that some still exert (stormform seems to be one of them).

The forum could be reborn if the rules are loosened up (and I mean really loosened up), the authoritarians get whatever is stuck up their asses dislodged, and the forum enters a new age where enjoyment is actually possible. That includes removing the god-awful filters that are here. I mean, even the word b-u-t-t got censored. That's embarrassing.

Also the younger teenager appeal for the forums is a dated method because the younger generation typically liaise through Facebook/Skype with their buddies. The forums should be targeted at an older audience because they're the kind of folks who grew up on forums and are more likely to seek them out. Even now with the few members who actively post here, what's the youngest age?

This turned out much longer than I originally intended but I had to say all this because it's been bugging me for years and I never see you around here to actually say it.

I love what these forums once were. I hate those who destroyed it and I'm not the only one who shares that opinion. You're the one who can change it and save the forums. It's up to you.
What the hell am I doing here?
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 19:03 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336108
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=123929&page=1

I made some stupid posts in that topic but it generated a lot of discussion about the purpose of the forums and ways it can be improved. Unfortunately few of it really happened. I'm glad some of it was addressed but I see now that my suggestions really didn't help all that much.

I agree with most of what you're saying benji but a gaming forum aimed at older people doesn't really sound sustainable.
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:06 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336109
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
^Neither, apparently, is one aimed at the younger crowd.
ozzo Posted: 21:37 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336126
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
rich I hope you remember me ;_; I know I havent been the most perfect member but Im only here for the memories I wasnt wanting this all to be an 'attack' on sc forums ;_;

KingofCorn Posted: 22:02 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336131
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Matt77 is the youngest member I believe. Also if this site was to improve it would involve advertising more. I'd never heard of this site until I went searching for Sims 3 mods(which this site doesn't have so wth?). Wait I was briefly here in the summer of 2011 to ask a gaming question that I answered 2 years later only to find that I was one who asked it.(time had gone full circle!)

« Last edited by KingofCorn on Aug 10th 2014 »
Xeta Posted: 23:49 Aug10 2014 Post ID: 3336136
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
Team SuperCheats said:Xeta's ban was for comment abuse - I dunno exactly, because that is the only note that I have ... But I have unbanned it.

Thanks. I sent a message to Avengin (my good ol buddy) which had swear in it, didn't mean to offend or anything. Won't happen again.

Also can you unlock my and v-gamer's signatures, or at least remove the ellipses in mine (I don't really care about his but he's all hurt about it, weird guy). I look like an emo anime doofus with that in there. We won't link to pxe anymore (this was never against the rules before, didn't mean to cause a ruckus. Those links have been in there since 2010.).

Also also can you get Mark to fix the forum search? It's super laggy. The drop menu or something is what's wrong with it or something I dunno. Very hard to search for nostalgia.

Also also also I can only speak for myself but ozzo and I weren't in on any anti-sc conspiracy. We were just posting for fun and then all this stuff about politics came up in every topic so idk tempers flare. Not EVERYONE from pxe hates this website. There are definitely people who do, but I think you guys banned all of them already.

« Last edited by Xeta on Aug 11th 2014 »
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
stormform Posted: 00:37 Aug11 2014 Post ID: 3336139
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
Just a quick word about the posts and the bans from before. I don't have a specific problem with any of your other than 2 specific individuals who took it way too far as where trolling goes (namely bumping up 50~ random posts from years ago for no reason at all using the same copy paste). At that point I saw you all as a part of that one big group that was in it together, for that I apologize, but after an hour of cleaning up something like that, it gets kinda hard to distinguish which specific persons are here to just troll and which are contributing within rules. But even you guys do have to admit that some of the attacks went quite far, I get that you can fun with all that, and yes he was also baiting too (he got banned for a while too remember?) but a line has got to be drawn somewhere.

Xeta Posted: 01:28 Aug11 2014 Post ID: 3336141
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
stormform said:Just a quick word about the posts and the bans from before. I don't have a specific problem with any of your other than 2 specific individuals who took it way too far as where trolling goes (namely bumping up 50~ random posts from years ago for no reason at all using the same copy paste). At that point I saw you all as a part of that one big group that was in it together, for that I apologize, but after an hour of cleaning up something like that, it gets kinda hard to distinguish which specific persons are here to just troll and which are contributing within rules. But even you guys do have to admit that some of the attacks went quite far, I get that you can fun with all that, and yes he was also baiting too (he got banned for a while too remember?) but a line has got to be drawn somewhere.

Then draw a line for this guy. He literally brings politics into every topic for no reason and its annoying. You banned us all for a week but you only banned him for a day when he continually baits us. Get him to keep his lousy opinions in topics about them or to himself. No one cares what he thinks about Obama.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Displaying Page 5 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close