Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

What Was Your Favorite Year On SuperCheats? Why?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 12
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 10 | 11 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 19:37 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366875
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I'm lazy XD

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
poke.addicted Posted: 21:00 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366883
poke.addicted
Post Likes: 3
+
For me, 2007 because we had over 170 staff and a lot of active users. The contest I had with steelersrock01 for most boards moderated before Super Mod was achieved. Maaan, that was fun. Also getting to be part of the early administrative team was enjoyable. Super Mod on 25 April 2008 and then Admin on 17 May 2009. Those few years were amazing, it's sad they're history, now.
Yo.
Duckgaroux Posted: 23:55 Jan13 2015 Post ID: 3367900
Duckgaroux
Post Likes: 1
+
Surprise from me. I don't know what led me back here but I found an old account under This moniker. I don't think I'd remember VGamer's password for the life of me. I'd have to say the best year was 2004/2005. Back even in the days of XVGN. I was never wicked active on here but I browsed over all the sites in the network. Almost 10 years gone I decided to visit the old community tonight. I wonder whatever happened to Aeshma, Sora, TXB, Dark Samus. I never forgot anyone as I had a messed up life at the time. My parents were divorcing and everyone here had been my second family. To look back and think I was 10/11 years old and on XVGN was a mod for the Xbox (although I am a Playstation guy these days). Just to say since I've left I have had the adventure. I've been homeless in Massachusetts where I was also held hostage, I've lived in Oklahoma. Now I'm back in my home state and am a soon to be father. 10 years have gone. I'm not sure how many people here would even remember me and I know this is from nowhere but I never forget anyone. Even the buddies I had made online. I really want to try to become active again. Of all the things changing in this life - I'd hate to see a place like this go. Cheers to all old friends. Even if you don't remember me Smile and hello to those new!

-Justin "Duckgaroux" or as many who could remember me "VGamer"

« Last edited by Duckgaroux on Jan 13th 2015 »
Warrior13 Posted: 07:54 Jan14 2015 Post ID: 3367925
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I can't help but remember the VGamer username. I can't remember if we ever associated with each other, but I do remember you.

Like you said, it sounds like you have had quite an adventure. Congrats on the soon-to-be fatherhood. Thumbs Up
Duckgaroux Posted: 19:49 Jan15 2015 Post ID: 3368074
Duckgaroux
Post Likes: 1
+
Warrior13 said:I can't help but remember the VGamer username. I can't remember if we ever associated with each other, but I do remember you.

Like you said, it sounds like you have had quite an adventure. Congrats on the soon-to-be fatherhood. Thumbs Up

Thank you much Smile - it's been difficult the last numerous few years. I have very good memory! Did you ever use another moniker on the forums? I remember almost all of the old forum browsers! Smile
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:00 Jan15 2015 Post ID: 3368086
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
poke.addicted said:For me, 2007 because we had over 170 staff and a lot of active users. The contest I had with steelersrock01 for most boards moderated before Super Mod was achieved. Maaan, that was fun. Also getting to be part of the early administrative team was enjoyable. Super Mod on 25 April 2008 and then Admin on 17 May 2009. Those few years were amazing, it's sad they're history, now.

Those were good times dude. We were up to the mid 30s at one point haha.
v-gamer Posted: 10:13 Jan18 2015 Post ID: 3368329
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
What about VGamer? I thought that was referring to me, at first. O_O
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Sodacan Posted: 00:41 Jan26 2015 Post ID: 3369133
Sodacan
Post Likes: 2
+
Hi everybody. Sorry in advance for the long post. I don't know how many of you will recognize me. I know some of you will. I decided to visit SC for the first time in about 5 years, found this thread and figured I'd say a few words.

I still think about this site from time to time, usually when reminiscing bittersweetly about my teenage years, as those of us aging deeper into our twenties often do. It will always be special to me. For me, it's a relic of a simpler and beautiful time in my life. I didn't feel that way when I posted here, but I do now.

I made my first account in 2005 as a 14 year-old kid who loved Pokemon and wanted some Action Replay codes to get the legendary Pokemon that Nintendo unjustly withholds from its loyal customers who are unable or unwilling to drive across the country and attend special events. Making my first post took more courage than it probably should have; I had low self-esteem and high social anxiety. The people here welcomed me so warmly that I became comfortable enough to get out of my shell. I started posting in the forums for some of the other games I liked. One of those forums was completely dead apart from me and one other guy, the only mod, but we loved each other's company and the game so much that we filled it with all kinds of threads pages and pages full of dialogue between just the two of us. Eventually, another mod position opened up, and I got it. I was probably the only applicant.

Not too long after, I started getting mod spots for Pokemon games, which were some of the most popular on the boards. I started posting on the FF&RP boards and eventually got a position there, which was a big deal for me. I was so excited about my accomplishments that I started breaking out of my shell in other ways in real life. One day, Rich offered new Super Mod positions - there were only three back then - to a small list of members, and I was one of them. I accepted and was probably one of the better-known members of the forums for a short time. It was a great experience.

As my personal life became more serious, I stopped coming around as often and eventually left the site altogether just before my high school graduation. Regrettably, I was caught up in the high school mentality at the time and thought it would be a badass thing to do to speak out against some of the members around at the time and go out like an Internet martyr. My leaving post got deleted, and I unfortunately don't remember who many of those people were, but I apologize to all of them.

As a (kinda) mature and accomplished adult, I now believe that this site subtly changed my life in a big way. Looking back, I don't know if I ever would have found the confidence to accomplish what I have anywhere else. It was a place where I actually felt that I shared something in common with someone. It was a place where my anonymity gave me the confidence to show parts of my personality that I was too afraid of being judged for to let out in the real world. Once I realized that there might be something to like about those sides of me, I lost some of that fear. I loved creative writing and comedy, but I wouldn't have dared to show that to anyone offline. Here, I got a chance to dive right into them. The more friends I made on this site, the more confident and likable I felt in real life, and the more the things I disliked about myself started to disappear. Over the few years I spent on SC, I turned myself inside-out in my personal life. The person I am today is more pleasing to me than the person I dreamed of being when I first came here. I will always credit SuperCheats and any and every one of the friends I made here for a big part of that.

Before writing this post, I took some time to read a few of the older posts I made. Some of them made me laugh; others made me cringe. All of them made me smile. I also smiled reading through this thread and finding some familiar faces. I still remember TestVirus101, Tank (poke.addicted), steelersrock01 and, of course, Justin (V-Gamer). Nice to see you all again.

To Justin specifically: I'm glad I saw your name among the posters in this thread and that you posted recently. You were one of my best friends here. There's something about old friendships that stays the same even when everything else seems to change. Congratulations on the fatherhood! Seeing your first child will easily be one of the best moments in your life. Marrying the right person seems to be the only thing that can come close. I hope you're ready for it, I hope you love the girl, I hope you get to have the family you desire, and I hope you get a chance to take it slow even though it's going to move so fast. Peanut butter sandwiches are for kids anyway. ;)

To Tank specifically: I remember you being the strongest guy around and talking about football when I was on my high school team. I remember your real name. Good to see that you're helping Rich run the boards. Definitely the best man for the job. Keep it sweet.

Rich, I'd like to use this post to thank you for creating such a great site and running the boards as well as you did throughout all the time that I was here. It's a long post, but this place and everyone in it were and are important to me, so I think it's necessary. It must have been a unique experience to watch SC become what it did. You're definitely one of my favorite start-up CEOs. I remember you as being a bit older than most of us, so I hope you're enjoying the finer things that come with age (wealth, wisdom, wife and kids) or living in the fast lane if that's your thing. ;) Always thought you were a stand-up guy.

I also wanted to say that I think there's something special about Internet communities like this one that often goes unmentioned, but not unnoticed, in how they give life to people who may have otherwise felt like statues in the real world, frozen solid by fear, a lack of confidence or common ground with other people. I wonder how many people have found the courage to go out and do the things they really want to in life because of some support and encouragement from a few faceless friends from across the world. I love it. There was definitely a lot more than gaming that went on here.

Favourite year: 2007-2008. Became Super Mod and was confident enough to do everything I had wanted to do here when I first joined the forum. The boards were active and full of people my age who grew up on the site and all knew each other. Lots of fun roleplays and great stories on the FF&RP board. Teams and Clans (though I never joined any of them). All kinds of jokes. Lots of great conversation. The great stuff that happened in my real life during the same time period. Becky (Ozzo) being one of the only women on the site and getting ruthlessly hit on by lots of guys despite being a really sweet girl. So many more other things I may be lucky enough to remember bits and pieces of throughout my life.

I wish you all long life and happiness. Cheers.

Jeremy (Sodacan)

« Last edited by Sodacan on Jan 26th 2015 »
Team SuperCheats Posted: 03:49 Jan26 2015 Post ID: 3369143
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Wow - What a lovely post to read. Thanks so much for bothering to write all of that. In a world of anonymous visitors it is truly wonderful to read that our site has helped you in some way.

I hope life is treating you well - And yes I am older that most of the posters on this site - I started SC when I was about 24 or 25 - That was over 15 years ago lol!
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Sodacan Posted: 10:25 Jan26 2015 Post ID: 3369179
Sodacan
+
No problem, Rich. It should be made known. This community did a lot more for many of us than teach us how to cheat at video games. Anyone who posted in this thread will tell you that.

Life is good. I'm 24 myself. The years are getting shorter, but time is still on my side.
ChrisMaclean Posted: 16:52 Jan27 2015 Post ID: 3369334
ChrisMaclean
Kusanagi's Man
Post Likes: 5
+
I would probably have to go back to around the era of 2009-2010. I gotta say that was an interesting and probably the best two years I spent until my departure in late 2010 with sporadic returns every now and then over the course of five years. Being a part of staff from February 2009 to I believe it was either October or November 2010 was pretty cool and meeting some awesome people over the course of those two years. But that was back when I was around 15-16. Oh good times those were! I would definitely love to go back to around that time and live it again for about two weeks if I had the chance.

/nostalgiatrip

Signature by your's truly~
Aura Kingdom IGN: ASarcasticMage Level 77 Sorcerer/Wizard
Hel_Sama Level 42 Necromancer/Sorcerer
Sarmus Level 61 Duelist/Gunslinger
Lzxa Level 60 Ravager/Gunslinger
JackiePotato Level 47 Brawler/Ronin
Jack said:Should put something interesting here but lazy
mini_mario Posted: 17:36 Jan27 2015 Post ID: 3369342
mini_mario
Post Likes: 3
+
2008-2010

Forums pretty much died here after that.

avatar credit to Trainer Saphire
signature credit to Layne
TestVirus101 Posted: 08:34 Jan28 2015 Post ID: 3369394
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Sodacan said:Wall of text

Sodacan/Cipher_Wizard, now there's a name that brings a smile to my face :D
Sodacan Posted: 18:11 Feb02 2015 Post ID: 3369859
Sodacan
+
TestVirus101 said:
Sodacan said:Wall of text

Sodacan/Cipher_Wizard, now there's a name that brings a smile to my face :D

The man himself! Good to see you again, mate. I was hoping someone I knew would notice me. It really is dead here compared to our days. How's life?
TestVirus101 Posted: 07:17 Feb03 2015 Post ID: 3369910
TestVirus101
+
Not bad man, can't really complain. I recently graduated from university, looking for a job :P

How are things for you?
Sodacan Posted: 23:08 Feb03 2015 Post ID: 3369966
Sodacan
+
Congrats. Good luck on the job search. What did you major in?

Life is good. I'm in my third year of a five-year MD/MBA program. I finished the MBA core in my first year and now I'm doing medical studies. It takes a lot of time and effort (and money), but the knowledge and hard work is very satisfying. I'm looking forward to getting married once my fianc�e finishes her studies (she's in law and international affairs, so she'll be out a year before me). My prime years are coming up ;D

« Last edited by Sodacan on Feb 3rd 2015 »
TestVirus101 Posted: 23:36 Feb03 2015 Post ID: 3369968
TestVirus101
+
It all sounds great man, keep it up Smile

I did a double degree, a Bachelor of Business majoring in accounting and a Bachelor of I.T. majoring in networking

« Last edited by TestVirus101 on Feb 3rd 2015 »
Sodacan Posted: 00:03 Feb04 2015 Post ID: 3369970
Sodacan
+
Two good fields. Smart move. Which are you most interested in?
TestVirus101 Posted: 04:48 Feb04 2015 Post ID: 3369980
TestVirus101
+
I'm looking mostly at business jobs right now. I became less proficient at the I.T. side as time went on and the courses got harder ;)
Sodacan Posted: 12:36 Feb04 2015 Post ID: 3370008
Sodacan
+
Haha. Congrats on making it through accounting. I did some accounting coursework as part of my MBA and found it useful, but pretty boring. I'd imagine you had to do a lot of group projects and case studies.

You were probably wiser to major in accounting as opposed to general management (I know people who did that and regret it). From what I understand, there are always accounting job vacancies somewhere, but I do remember reading a while ago that there was a significant oversupply of accounting graduates in Australia. Both seem to be highly sought-after job markets right now.

Have you looked into consulting? Companies like IBM look for tech-savvy business graduates to work as consultants.

« Last edited by Sodacan on Feb 4th 2015 »
Displaying Page 5 of 12
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 10 | 11 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close