Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

One year ago

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
KingofCorn Posted: 15:46 Jan04 2016 Post ID: 3399241
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
People have that many just in case this happens.

http://i.imgur.com/CS6AWFg.jpg

Plus variety. You can't hunt a squirrel with a 12 gauge and you can't hunt a deer with a 22.

It was always a right to own a firearm in the colonies. The constitution protected that existing right. The British tried to confiscate those guns and war started. If those patriots weren't armed how could they have fought the British?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 19:47 Jan04 2016 Post ID: 3399254
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
sphynxx said:KoC - your point of America forming due to the "Right to bear arms" is completely asinine.

America was formed due to an overly strict taxation scheme and wanting to free themselves from such an over bearing government; IE; the British.

Weapons had nothing to do with it. I mean seriously, your argument is "The right to bear arms gave us our ability to fight back" - No, no, no and hell no.

The ability to throw off an oppressive government came about due to freethinking individuals working towards what they believed to be a better governing system. They choose to fight, without the "right" to do so. The Second Amendment wasn't even CONCEIVED yet. So to state it as a fundamental cause of the American Civil War over states its importance a thousand fold. It's very name disproves your own argument. It's the second AMENDMENT to the US constitution. IE; it was added after the final draft as an AFTERTHOUGHT to the original provisions of the document you Americans hold so dearly.

It's not some "god given right" that so many tout it was. It's a right given to you by those who were afraid of being over thrown, during a time in which the American population was nothing compared to what it is now.

It came into effect 2 years after the Constitution came into effect. Yes; it's primary role is as you've stated. But does that dictate the NEED, the unjustifiable DESIRE that a lot of American gun owners have to have massive collections of firearms for "Self defense" - Tell me, what does owning 13 pistols, 14 ARs and a few shotguns have to do with self-defense? Nothing. It's ego stroking at it's basest.

And when it comes down to it; I guarantee every last dollar that I have that 99% of gun owners would never even contemplating taking civil, militia style action against their government, so that entire argument is moot. If it were the case, it would have happened by now. God knows your Governments have been utterly atrocious up until this point. And not looking to get any better with Dickhead Trump making the rounds.

^ This is gold, especially "Dickhead Trump". If he gets voted in they're all screwed.

Jake said:People have that many just in case this happens.

http://i.imgur.com/CS6AWFg.jpg

Plus variety. You can't hunt a squirrel with a 12 gauge and you can't hunt a deer with a 22.

It was always a right to own a firearm in the colonies. The constitution protected that existing right. The British tried to confiscate those guns and war started. If those patriots weren't armed how could they have fought the British?

Link - tl;dr
Last paragraph - The 2nd amendment, giving you the right to bear arms was introduced 8 years after the American Revolution ended. So no, there was ZERO (0) right to bear arms.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
KingofCorn Posted: 21:38 Jan04 2016 Post ID: 3399265
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Trump is almost guaranteed at this point. Today Obama laid out his new gun control plans. Democrats will have a hard time getting votes with all this gun control talk. It's really ******* stupid too because instead of adding laws he could enforce existing laws! Imagine if every thug with an illegal gun got 5 years in prison! That's the federal law
Matt77 Posted: 23:08 Jan04 2016 Post ID: 3399266
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Um almost everyone in Australia thinks Trump has 0 chance of getting in & that he's a f***wit.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

KingofCorn Posted: 00:10 Jan05 2016 Post ID: 3399270
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
He's the leading republican and Hillary is unlikable. Add in that gun supporters(most of the country) will vote republican because of this added gun control and you have Trump 2016.
Matt77 Posted: 00:52 Jan05 2016 Post ID: 3399271
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
But removing and banning Muslims from America, really? Surely there are other Republican candidates.

ViolinViolinViolin

KingofCorn Posted: 01:35 Jan05 2016 Post ID: 3399273
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
When did he say removing Muslims? He wants to halt immigration not remove Muslims that are already here. Trump has my vote so far
Craizen Posted: 23:39 Jan05 2016 Post ID: 3399323
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Can you vote yet? Because if not thank goodness. Also you can't guarantee anything this early in a political race with everyone fighting for the spot on the republican side. There isn't one other opponent there willing to back Trump worth a damn.

« Last edited by Craizen on Jan 5th 2016 »
KingofCorn Posted: 01:20 Jan06 2016 Post ID: 3399329
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Ted Cruz and Trump seem to get along well. I'll be able to vote in November don't worrySmile
Matt77 Posted: 04:11 Jan06 2016 Post ID: 3399332
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I guess America's voting age is higher than here then.

ViolinViolinViolin

KingofCorn Posted: 14:25 Jan06 2016 Post ID: 3399363
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
What's the voting age in Australia?
Matt77 Posted: 19:24 Jan06 2016 Post ID: 3399376
Matt77
The Chosen One
+

ViolinViolinViolin

KingofCorn Posted: 19:39 Jan06 2016 Post ID: 3399380
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Same here
Matt77 Posted: 20:54 Jan06 2016 Post ID: 3399391
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
But you're 1 year older than me. This year I'll be 16.

ViolinViolinViolin

Craizen Posted: 23:05 Jan06 2016 Post ID: 3399395
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
He'll...18 by general election time most likely
KingofCorn Posted: 00:02 Jan07 2016 Post ID: 3399398
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
I turn 18 in August
Matt77 Posted: 06:20 Jan07 2016 Post ID: 3399405
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Trump 1 Hillary 0.

ViolinViolinViolin

KingofCorn Posted: 10:28 Jan07 2016 Post ID: 3399411
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
That's what I'm talking about
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close