Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Hollywood Remakes

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Sanzano Posted: 06:47 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443143
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I can't believe Hollywood are going to do remakes of the following movies, can't they come up with something new? All of the films below in my opinion are classics that the remake has no chance of making better. Some of them actually annoyed me when I heard they were going to be remade. Scarface for example, apparently now Tony Montana is a Mexican and not a Cuban. And how can they possibly improve my favourite movie of all-time, First Blood?

Papillon
An American Werewolf in London
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
The Fly
Scarface
First Blood
Cannonball Run
Flash Gordon
48 hours

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 08:27 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443155
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I assume it's shameful that I've never heard of any of those movies, right?

We need original ideas. Even remakes of books aren't too bad, since it'd be the first time it was made into a movie. The sad thing is these remakes will make a lot of money.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 08:57 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443156
Sanzano
+
Matt, you are kidding me aren't you, you haven't seen Scarface or First Blood? Those two movies are absolute classics. Forget Rambo II, III, and IV, they are garbage. The first one though 'First Blood' is based on David Morrells novel and it is brilliant. Unfortunately for Stallone the movie came out not long after the Vietnam war had finished and it was a sore subject with Americans as they got beat otherwise the movie would have been bigger than what it was. I have the original poster from 1982 linen backed and framed in my office.

Matt77 Posted: 09:09 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443159
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Yeah, remember I'm a pitiful Gen Z person...

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 10:14 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443164
Sanzano
+
I suppose when you look at it from the point of view of Hollywood they are playing it safe and just repackaging a movie that was successful 30-40 years ago hoping that it will also appeal to a younger audience. I remember these movies from when I was a kid and it annoys me they are now just going to churn out an inferior copy of it each time. I haven't seen a recent remake yet that was better than the original. Best remakes I have seen are The Fly 1986, The Thing 1982, Scarface 1983, Cape Fear 1991, and most recently The Ring 2002. There was talk of a 'The Warriors' remake but thankfully that never happened.

testuser Posted: 14:19 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443166
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
The fly (goldblum) was already a remake. I'm not sure I'd class all of these as classics, but they are all pretty old now (cries internally) and I can see the appeal for hollywood to remake them with an up to date feel and actors that a modern generation can relate to better. It's not easy seeing something you enjoyed being redone, especially if they mess it up. But we will always have the originals.

It will just be annoying in a few years when you see it listed on the TV guide and get excited to watch it again and then realise it's the remake.

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

danielroxheaps Posted: 16:39 Mar12 2018 Post ID: 3443171
danielroxheaps
Post Likes: 250
+
I'm hoping Flash is better but it probably won't

But I'm with Matt except I only know Flash.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/i...roxheaps
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/use...roxheaps
To find me on any other website just look for the user "danielroxheaps"

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
Sanzano Posted: 09:17 Mar13 2018 Post ID: 3443191
Sanzano
+
Without Max Von Sydow as Emperor Ming the Flash Gordon remake is doomed to failure. Sydow nailed Ming the Merciless.

Talking about the Flash Gordon movie of the early 80', the guy who played Flash (Sam Jones) had a bust up with Lou Ferringou, the body builder who played the Incredible Hulk in the 80's TV series at a N.Y. comic convention. Loved to have seen that, my moneys on Lou. Unfortunately it was broken up before fists started flying.

testuser Posted: 10:27 Mar13 2018 Post ID: 3443193
testuser
and then there will be cake.
Post Likes: 194
+
Sydow was the perfect ming for the time. I can see the reboot wither going dark (so many reboots going that way) or maybe they will try a guardians of the galaxy / marvel comedy action caper type deal. Either way I can see it being a success.

If this post is irrelevant to the topic please ignore it.
It may be a test and it may be deleted shortly.

Sanzano Posted: 13:21 Mar13 2018 Post ID: 3443196
Sanzano
+
testuser, a Flash Gordon movie will be a disaster and I?ll tell you why. You?re the same generation as me so you?ll remember the black and white twenty minute episodes of the 1950?s Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers that used to be shown during the summer holidays when you were at school in the late 70?s and early 80?s. It?s because of those series that you have a sense of nostalgia attached to those characters. If you are were born turn of the century you will have never heard of them and thanks to Star Wars and now Marvel and DC binging their characters to the big screen they will seem outdated and boring. I?ll give you an example, say in three years time a Flash Gordon movie is released the same weekend as a Silver Surfer movie which one makes the most money, it wouldn?t even be close. A recent example would be the Tarzan remake which even Margot Roby couldn?t save and the Black Panther which was a runaway success. I realized this when Matt said he hadn?t seen any of the movies l listed in an earlier post, I took it for granted everyone in the civilized world had seen them.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Mar 13th 2018 »

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close