Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Full Circle

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Warrior13 Posted: 23:49 Jun26 2023 Post ID: 3459525
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Visiting my Pops in Nashville this week. First time back here since I was an infant. Definitely full circle.

Unfortunately, I do not really care for life of a big city anymore. Not sure small town living is right for me either longterm, but far better to me of the two.

Still, nice to finally see the city and be able to remember it this time around.

Btw, very upset that there is no theme park here. Like, what? Almost a million people here and they do not even have one? Come on, man.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:28 Jun27 2023 Post ID: 3459526
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I've never been to Nashville but have a coworker who spent some time there. He liked it but now lives in rural West Virginia so make of that what you will.

I've lived in rural areas and small college towns my whole life. I like visiting cities, especially with how close I live to Philly, but I'm not sure I'd like living in one. Too much going on. I'd like to give it a shot, maybe, while I'm still single, and it'd be nice to live somewhere you don't need to drive 15 minutes to do absolutely anything, but for now I think I'm alright where I'm at. It does get a little lonely out here in the middle of nowhere but right now the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Didn't know there was no theme park out there. There's none in my immediate area either, despite having the land for it and being pretty close to Philly and DC. You gotta go up to Six Flags Great Adventure or Hershey Park, both a couple hours away.
Warrior13 Posted: 20:48 Jun27 2023 Post ID: 3459527
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I am pretty much the same where I am right now. Lived in Albuquerque for most of my life, but the older I became, the more I realized it is really not a nice place to live. Pretty much jumped at the excuse to move to Iowa when my father decided to jump from the Sunport to the Des Moines Airport. That said, not sure I want to live in Iowa forever. Nice and all, but a little too boring for even me. Nashville is not a candidate either, though, as it is way too crazy out here. Just far too many people for my liking. Plus, the road structure and design is kicking my A, none of it makes any sense.

Gonna go to the nearest theme park tomorrow, which is still about two hours away in the south part of Kentucky. Talked my folks into it, so should be nice. Doubt I will go on anything too crazy with my sister or brother being here. They are always the one to talk me into doing the big, big stuff. lol
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:21 Jun28 2023 Post ID: 3459528
steelersrock01
+
I feel ya. I'm not sure where I'd like to end up. A midsize city, maybe, like Pittsburgh. My mom really wants to visit Charleston, SC but I'm not sure I could live in the south. Some of my coworkers live in Raleigh and a few in Louisville. I'm lucky enough with my job I could afford rent pretty much anywhere that's not astronomical. It's really just a matter of picking a spot and being away from all of my family. None of the cities in Jersey appeal to me. My brother's moving to a suburb of Boston with his GF so I should get to check that out at some point. Probably too cold and snowy for me though.

Hope you had/have fun at the park. I've never really gotten along with roller coasters but I used to love the spinny rides. Now they just make me sick lol
Warrior13 Posted: 16:40 Jul01 2023 Post ID: 3459530
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It was a nice trip overall. Helped my dad with whatever furniture he still needed built. A bit of a pain at times, but I did not mind since I was already out there and all. Theme Park was okay. Very small in comparison to other ones I have been to. Only one real roller coaster and a handful of smaller rides. Lacking in a number of areas. Needed more big rides and concession games. But I guess okay for the town the size of Bowling Green. I would never go back though; I need more of a thrill then that.

Missed my sister, brother, and niece at given points when at the theme park. Nothing against my folks, but they are getting up there in age and they can really only do the smaller stuff. Niece recently was diagnosed with epilepsy though, and I heard she will not be able to ride for the foreseeable future. Sucks. I remember just two years ago she was just big enough to ride the roller coasters and we went on them over and over and over.
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:01 Jul01 2023 Post ID: 3459532
steelersrock01
+
Yeah, my folks don't do the rides anymore either. Too many aches and pains. Sorry to hear about your niece, hopefully it's manageable for her and not too big a burden.
Warrior13 Posted: 00:06 Jul03 2023 Post ID: 3459534
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I hope she can somehow grow out of it with age, but I seriously doubt it based on the seizure activity she has had. Hate to phrase it like this, but some of her wires seem irreversibly crossed. Sad, such a sweet little thing, but my Aunt tells us the new medication she is on is working pretty well. I guess I should just be hoping that she can live a long life and not think about all the fun stuff she will be missing out on.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close