Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

AI Content - Opinions?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Team SuperCheats Posted: 04:28 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459837
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
What does everyone think of AI content on websites? Can you easily tell if content is generated by AI?

What do you think about AI content on a moral basis?

I have to say, it's the biggest threat to content publishing ever. It's now very easy to generate tons of pages, albeit generally quite low quality that need to be fact checked and edited - how much, depends on the industry.

So how do publishers that use paid content writers compete as AI get's stronger and stronger?

At Web Media Network, our policy is to NOT use AI, we have used it to generate content ideas, and we have experimented with writing articles. But they generally turn out very poor, inaccurate and we spend more more editing and fact checking than if we would have written the content ourselves.

Also, there is the moral aspect, AI and their Large Language Models is basically a scrape and regurgitation of 30+ years of internet hand written content - how is that right?!?

I understand it doesn't break copyright laws as they are now, but I think these laws need to be adapted to consider AI now.

What do you think?
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:02 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459856
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I'm on the same page as you. You can always tell when an article is AI generated, and these garbage sites have completely taken over search results. It's honestly ruined looking stuff up for me.

I'm not sure how publishers are going to compete as the models improve. I have no problem with using it for ideas that then get handwritten. Copyright laws are definitely going to have to change, for both written stuff and AI art.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 09:13 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459858
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Interesting. Yes slippery slope once AI starts generating pages, then the next AI is trained on that garbage Think

AI may get better, but may take some time, it's just a language model that guessing the next word or letter. WE'll have to see and I hope the laws to change and offer protection for not just publishers but the rest of the creative industry, teaching, jobs generally etc...
VitalazySensei Posted: 09:55 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459860
VitalazySensei
Post Likes: 17
+
-------------------------- Your post has been flagged by our system as containing words which we have previously linked to spam and hacker threads, so we have auto-blocked this post while we wait for an admin to manually approve it. Really sorry if you are a legitimate poster, but at the moment we have a few people spoiling the forums for the many with their spam and game hack posts. -------------------------
VitalazySensei Posted: 09:57 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459861
VitalazySensei
+
Again??? Bruh.. I think I should stay away from posting links Eh
Warrior13 Posted: 11:08 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459863
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I love writing too much to ever use AI. lol
Team SuperCheats Posted: 14:51 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459869
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
VitalazySensei said:Again??? Bruh.. I think I should stay away from posting links Eh

Sorry yeah we have a lot of old things in the system like that from a time where we were getting hundred of posts daily.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 14:53 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459870
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Warrior13 said:I love writing too much to ever use AI. lol

Yeah you know what, when I first starting looking at AI, I just felt like quitting, I just didn't want to be involved in anything like that. It takes all the fun out of the job. Basically people using it just become idle prompters and fact checkers and very lazy I think.
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:33 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459876
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah, and at least for technical stuff, stuff like ChatGPT can very confidently give completely wrong answers. We use it at work to help answer customer's questions and have to be very careful fact-checking it.
VitalazySensei Posted: 21:26 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459882
VitalazySensei
+
To add- Ai like Bard can even be hacked and your private Infromation stolen :0
And also Bard vs GPT in chess is hillariously STUPID..Evil
Team SuperCheats Posted: 12:50 Sep28 2023 Post ID: 3459899
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
steelersrock01 said:Yeah, and at least for technical stuff, stuff like ChatGPT can very confidently give completely wrong answers. We use it at work to help answer customer's questions and have to be very careful fact-checking it.

Yeah totally, but they spout it out with such confidence it's so believable, especially as it's coming from a computer.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 12:51 Sep28 2023 Post ID: 3459900
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
VitalazySensei said:To add- Ai like Bard can even be hacked and your private Infromation stolen :0
And also Bard vs GPT in chess is hillariously STUPID..Evil

I didn't know they could be hacked, getting into dangerous territory now with everything being held digitally it's all open to attack.

I imagine they are both ridiculous at chess.
VitalazySensei Posted: 22:10 Sep28 2023 Post ID: 3459905
VitalazySensei
+
Ridiculous = they even play illegal mives XD
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close