Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Gran Turismo 4

Wall Riding

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:09 Jan07 2006 Post ID: 603577
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
You know, there are some levels out there that have corners that don't have any dirt, grass, or snow protecting the outer border of the corner. I find it rather interesting, but I found that you can cut corners that would require you to go at 30 mph at 110 mph instead. In case you're wondering how it works its simple enough- find a corner that doesn't have any grass, snow, or dirt along its proximity, then as you approach it, hug the outer wall of the corner and race around it with your car sliding against the wall at full throttle. You will lose some speed in doing this, yes, but not as much as you would if you slowed down to cut the corner normally. Plus, this is pretty easy to do, certainly easier than trying to cut the corner normally. If you are riding the wall at high speed and you can't turn away from the wall without slowing down, try steering in the direction you are turning- doing this will reduce the loss of speed while cutting the corner, but don't steer with so much force that you leave the wall.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Murcielago Posted at: 17:05 Jan10 2006 Post ID: 608556
Murcielago
Firing On All 12 Cylinders.
+
+
Those tracks are the city courses.

Murcie is back.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:00 Jan12 2006 Post ID: 611340
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
^Yeah, that's what iw as thinking of, but some city courses have grass along the outer boder of the track, too.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

malachi Posted at: 13:31 Feb01 2006 Post ID: 651033
malachi
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'll actually use other cars to achieve the same effect, more or less, especially at the start of a race when I'm battling out of 6th position. I'll go full speed into a tight turn and sideswipe a poor computer car at about 180mph. It sends him into the railing while I simply straighten out my car and pass him. Sometimes, that is the only way I can pass because my cornering techniques are not so good (I tend to either brake too early and lose time, or brake too late and wipe out).

I sometimes miss the mark and run head-on into the railing, though. Then, I'm worse off. It does make the game more fun, especially if there is sand around the corners.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close