Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The SuperCheats Times: Issue 2

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

gogobananas Posted: 06:34 Jan18 2006 Post ID: 621151
gogobananas
Post Likes: 0
+
Ok after LOTS of feedback and LOTS of improvement we have finally made issue 2 :P its not perfect and don't expect perfection till at least issue 5, though i must say its improved LOTS since issue 1 :P OK unlike issue 1 i am keeping this thread open BUT no posts that arn't articles can be posted! Any post thats not an article will be deleted immediatly.

Latest updates in the SuperCheats world-
RKO-123 AKA Legend Killer has opened up the Legend Killer Challenger again, i myself will be competing in it and plan on claiming his title as 'Legend Killer'

Banning and Unbanning: roadkillers was banned for a short time under a misunderstanding, he is now back and continues to be 3rd in subs :P rs_lord has been unbanned because he is no longer under 13. greenmachinep60 has been banned for bumping old topics and generall spamming, he was found mostly in the Halo forums.

The banning of 'True Pokemon Master' has caused quite a stir, one perticular concerened reader wrote to me with this-

Hello people of Supercheats. A true friend is gone from here and I
don't think that it's right. Truepokemonmaster is 11 years of age since last
April 14th. He admitted this before the 31st of December. One of our dear
Super Moderators, Cross Stringer, stated that anyone and everyone that has
admitted that they were younger then 13 years of age after the 31st of
December were banned. Truepokemonmaster admitted that he was 11 before the
31st of December, yet he was still banned! I don't think that is right.
Richard, please let TPM back on. I have tried to get your attention, but it
never worked. People of Supercheats, please inform Richard (Team
SuperCheats) and/or Dennis (Sanazo) about this. Thank you. -
Johnnyboy/Graphicdisigner

I must say, he does have a point, TPM did admit before the 29th... i wonder if he shall be unbanned?

This Weeks Comic (courtesy of Mac Cell Skip): http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/gogobananas/boomerang.gif

Yes this is a short issue 2, but you must understand this is but the intro to Issue 2 i am experimenting with different ideas at the moment. I will add articles I write over the next few days.
Thank You,
GoGo
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
gogobananas Posted: 17:44 Jan18 2006 Post ID: 622151
gogobananas
+
All posts deleted... you people dont understand ONLY POST ARTICLES.. *shakes head*
koolkid24 Posted: 17:48 Jan18 2006 Post ID: 622159
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
PS3 NEWS From Playstation
Pioneer: 4-7 million PS3s to ship in 2006

Following Sony's unsurprising PlayStation 3 keynote at the Consumer Electronics Show, some pundits prophesized that the console would undergo supply shortages similar to those Xbox 360 suffered last year. Just yesterday, an analyst at Pacific Crest Securities gave a sunnier estimate, predicting 1 million PS3s would be available for a November launch. By contrast, Microsoft only moved around 326,000 the week after the Xbox 360 went on sale November 22.

However, Wilson's optimism looks like the Grim Reaper in comparison to Pioneer executive vice president Andy Parson's belief. Speaking with Web site The Digital Bits, Parsons talked about the Blu-ray disc format (Pioneer announced several Blu-ray-compatible players at CES) and how the Blu-ray-compatible PlayStation 3 would shape the success of the format.

"The PS3 is launching right at the forefront of Blu-ray disc," Parsons said. "If Sony ships the kind of numbers we expect them to this year, that will provide a very rapid growth of players out there hungry for titles. We've been hearing between 4 and 7 million [PS3s] could ship."

When its Xbox 360 console launched late last year, Microsoft experienced rampant shortages in the US and Europe. However, it was largely due to supply constraints on some of the system's internal parts. The company originally targeted 3 million units to be out the door in the console's first 90 days on the market, but adjusted its figures to 4.5 million to 5.5 million consoles shipped by June 2006.

Despite Sony's previous announcement of a spring 2006 launch for the PS3, a consensus of industry analysts believes that the PS3 won't ship until later this year in North America, with a possible midyear launch in Japan.

If Sony shipped between 4 million and 7 million units in less than six months (with the likely scenario of several months in Japan only), the company would outpace Microsoft's lofty goals. To do that, Sony would need a near-perfect production process unmarred by supply shortages and hardware issues.

But unless the console has a $699 price tag, there won't be any problem with demand. When Sony launched its PlayStation 2 in 2000 in Japan, it sold 980,000 units in its first weekend. In its first day in US retail, Sony moved 510,000 PS2s. To date, the PS2 has sold more than 100 million units.
I'm Back!!
yossy666 Posted: 18:07 Jan18 2006 Post ID: 622201
yossy666
+
NOTICE: After talking to GGB about it, he has agreed to allow me to make weekly topics named: "Game of the Week"
I will be making this topic shortly after making this post. What is the Game of the Week? You will just have to wait and see! Smile
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
Cross Stinger Posted: 20:12 Jan19 2006 Post ID: 624131
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
Regarding the italicised article: The rule states that anyone pardoned ? not just having admitted ? prior to 31 December is excluded from the programme. True Pokemon Master remains banned.
koolkid24 Posted: 14:56 Jan20 2006 Post ID: 625698
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
Post delete graphicdisigner only articles please.
I'm Back!!
annefranman52 Posted: 09:43 Jan21 2006 Post ID: 627591
annefranman52
+
More banning!

The banning that has shocked everyone. The reason for this forum, and you could say the owner, gogobananas is no longer with us. His banning is because of creating two new accounts, flamming and spamming all over. The question is, what will happen to this forum? Will we get new mods? Or will the forum be deysroyed forever? Either way, this banning has shocked us all.

Update

After gogo's banning, the mod spot here has been given to yours truly. I will try my best to account for gogobananas, and hope to keep this place running.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close