Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Final Fantasy XIII

Differences

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Firwill Posted at: 15:32 May31 2007 Post ID: 1630678
Firwill
Post Likes: 0
+
+
As you probably know there are several different versions of ff13 and it has somewhat been discussed on the countdown chat thread but i think it deserves it's own please post here with any information on these different versions, or anything you've heard about them.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Repner Posted at: 01:26 Jun03 2007 Post ID: 1635278
Repner
+
+
Well they said there is going to be 6 games in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. So far they've announced 3 of them:

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (Mobile Phone)

FF XIII is going to use the ATB system, but in a new way that you can queue your attacks. Also they said that although there will be party battles, there won't be a group of people banding together like in previous games. Its set in a futuristic world called Pulse, and has a very light theme to it

FF vs XIII is more of an action RPG, and is being developed by the developers of Kingdom Hearts and Advent Children. Not much is known about the game yet, but the main characters country (of which he is ruler) is a very modern land, while the other countries will be more medieval. This game will have a very dark theme to it. This game is supposed to be the complete opposite of FF XIII, in the fact that FF XIII is very light themed while FF vs XIII is very dark.

FF agito XIII is set in a magic school called Akademia, and is an online game for mobile phones (but not exactly massive multiplayer). It has 13 characters (am i seeing a pattern here?), and the 13th one is a moogle.

FF XIII and FF versus XIII will be the main games in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, instead of FF vs XIII merely being a spin off. Although the games are not set in the same world or time, they are set in the same universe and share the same mythology of the crystals. I also heard that FF XIII will come in the traditional FF style packaging, with the white background, while Versus will come with a black background, to keep with the light and dark theme

« Last edited by Repner on Jun 4th 2007 »
Mr.Rocket Posted at: 10:55 Jun12 2007 Post ID: 1653207
Mr.Rocket
+
+
YEp I heard of this such thing thats why I want ff13 its the only FF I think about getting I guess I wont pay much attencion or will be getting the FF13 where lighting is.

However about FF13 this game will definetly change FF universe perhaps you know? Think about it, its sort of the first time square makes a action FF they made kingdom hearts but weve never seen a FF like this imagine the gameplay like kingdom hearts and AC graphcis im not sure but you know what I think.

Maybe these two game cause FF13 agito well be some sort of fun game just.But most important these two FF13 are some sort of test to the fans.For example for you to have an idea imagine that FF13 versus sales mucho more like the doble or quatriple than the other ff13,and FF13 versus was a complete succes, then I think FF future would be something similar to FF13 versus, talking about its gameplay maybe square is like asking for a hint or something to decide how ff future will look like.This is just my guess.

What do you think repner?Anxious

[color=red][/color]My email- [email protected]
add me either-MSN or Myspace.
Repner Posted at: 13:35 Jun15 2007 Post ID: 1661057
Repner
+
+
I hope not. Well FF Versus XIII is intentionally supposed to be completly different from FF XIII, so im guessing that is why the battles are different as well. I know theres a lot of fans that would HATE the FF series to turn into action RPG's, so it would be a bad idea
Mr.Rocket Posted at: 18:05 Jun16 2007 Post ID: 1663963
Mr.Rocket
+
+
Well maybe but it would be a good idea for me even though i am a rpg fan but yeah youre right I think FF should recover its old self image, I hope every else FF's arent like FF12 its sucked in FF13 where you play lighting, its sort of the same thing as ff12 just it has something different like an upgraded sense that battle system was so boring however useful.All I can say is I hope FF13 has something up its sleeve to raise eyebrowsEh[you know what I mean].

[color=red][/color]My email- [email protected]
add me either-MSN or Myspace.
Repner Posted at: 16:34 Jul01 2007 Post ID: 1707250
Repner
+
+
Yeah, i didnt really like FF XII, battle system. Its just not FF, and i dont like the idea of having to go in and out the gambit menu to control my characters. That was an inconvienience
ragan6404 Posted at: 10:04 Aug12 2007 Post ID: 1832189
ragan6404
+
+
yes, i enjoyed the turn based combat more as well. it feels like they're replacing FF
Repner Posted at: 02:06 Aug13 2007 Post ID: 1834450
Repner
+
+
Yeah, its because most of the developers have left the team
ragan6404 Posted at: 23:16 Aug13 2007 Post ID: 1837344
ragan6404
+
+
i just want them to try to keep some things the same

change isnt always a good thing
Repner Posted at: 19:03 Aug14 2007 Post ID: 1839581
Repner
+
+
I agree. Its fine to slightly change a few things, but they shouldn't change the whole damn game. Its not FF anymore
pkm61 Posted at: 21:00 Aug23 2007 Post ID: 1867756
pkm61
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i heard that they are trying on purpose to create FFXIII as big a seller as FFVII was
Game Pokemon Pearl
Name: May
FC: 3651 8971 0785

Game Bleach: The blade of fate
FC: 038783139796
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close