Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Gran Turismo 4

Do You Live In Gran Turismo-ville or Just Driving Through...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

teembyrd Posted at: 10:51 May19 2005 Post ID: 166989
teembyrd
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Tell us the BEST additions that YOU'VE found in the Gran Turismo world (over the past 4 installments) combined with the WORST additions that you've found. Tell us the thing(s) you missed from previous installments and the thing(s) that could make the game a whole lot better. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

1.) Members @ TeemByrd have followed Gran Turismo from the beginning, (from the PS-ONE) and one thing that we've heard continuously from our die-hard fans is the missing of the HP limits. In the 1st game, you not only had limits on horse power in many of the races but also could view how much HP each opponent had previous to the race, so you could adjust your car accordingly. Now, in GT 3 & 4, it's a guessing game at best.
2.) The BEST additions were split. One was the much loved B-Spec mode. Although many of our older-school drivers think that this is a millennium way out (meaning = soft), it has it's advantages being that most of us don't have 4 Hrs to race on Nurburgring; much less 24 Hrs. The other BEST addition was the re-introduction to the amount of drivable cars placed back in the game. GT2 was the only installment with over 450 cars. Now, with GT4 having over 650 cars, WE THINK it's won the GT fans back again.

Please tell US what you think....
"You don't know what you know until you know what you don't know".
'TeemByrd'
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
mega cool Posted at: 00:12 May20 2005 Post ID: 167806
mega cool
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 2
+
+
i think the installment of the 5 second penalty in the rally races is a downsize in the GT4 game it was much better when wasnt like that. you fully see the computer cars crash but no penalty you get a slight touch and get penalty. overtaking has even become hard, since one touch and your gone.
Join Totalcheats.com, a sister site to Supercheats.
Ya_know_what_im_say_yin Posted at: 10:45 May20 2005 Post ID: 168252
Ya_know_what_im_say_yin
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I missed the amount of cars they had in GT2 Glad they put 'em back. And those penalties on dirt/snow kill me. I've played them All! 4th is the best but those cars are too fast. In GT3 you could win more often than 4. I still can't get out of the Pro-league. No car fast enough. The fat Mercedes (race car) is nothing like the Minolta or Sauber. If I can't get faster cars earlier, how can I advance later? The graphics, OH BOY! GREAT!
mattybgood67 Posted at: 02:41 May22 2005 Post ID: 170639
mattybgood67
Forum GuestMember
+
+
1) loose the B spec mode...! are we all not interested in driving..! 2)bring back the HP limit..! 3)5sec penalty..! loose it..! rubbing is racing 4)put in damage.. you hit a car or a wall and you suffer..! lets get serious about driving and get our skill levels up..! lets sort out the men from the boys.. it's promoted as a driving simulator,, when was the last time you drove your car and used a wall to help get around a corner quicker...!
Stunts Posted at: 21:06 May22 2005 Post ID: 171344
Stunts
Forum GuestMember
+
+
If they allowed you to save during an endurance race then it wouldn't matter if their was a B-spec. Since you can't save in the middle of a 24 hour race..... I don't know about you but, I don't want my PS2 on for 3 or 4 days at a time.
What if there's a power falure or something at say the 23rd hour?? You would see a big increase in the amount of suicides Smile
Mr.Sparkle Posted at: 14:40 May24 2005 Post ID: 173023
Mr.Sparkle
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i raced an entire 24hr race, NO BSPEC whatsoever!!!!!(on the nurburg in case you were wondering)
Also lose the 5 sec peny!!!!!!
HP limit brought back!!!!!!!!!
Damage, and lots of it!!!!!!!!(you know to make up for all the lost ground to games like PGR2 and Forza(both XBOX by the way))
also i own forza and it knocks the living hell out of GT4 in terms of damage, sense of speed and modifying options(its even better than streetracing games at modding)
BUT even after all that, I still choose GT4 over Forza anyday!!!!!!
Life Begins At 170MPH!!! OR sideways!!!!!!
Either way is good
teembyrd Posted at: 10:06 May25 2005 Post ID: 174264
teembyrd
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Mr. Sparkle.
I've been looking for Forza for well over 6 months (you know-due to the realease roll back date) and now you tell me you have it already AND YOU STILL CHOOSE GT4 over it? What keeps GT4 in the race (in your opinion)?
"You don't know what you know until you know what you don't know".
'TeemByrd'
hemidart Posted at: 19:27 Jun23 2005 Post ID: 219924
hemidart
Forum GuestMember
+
+
hard to say for me GT4 just doesnt have that "cant put down controller" addiction GT2 had
psp Posted at: 15:31 Aug22 2005 Post ID: 358896
psp
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i like gt4 i havent tried b spec mode yet but i will when i do an endurance race. I like the dirt and snow races. I think there is a better choice of cars in gt4 than gt3.
PyroPredatorX Posted at: 15:40 Feb16 2006 Post ID: 687146
PyroPredatorX
Forum GuestMember
+
+
ive beaten all the granturismo series, i love this game... car mods, and body decaling and damage is a major thing i think they should add in, but sometimes,...

i sometimes take a vacation to gt-ville just to out race some opponents and drift around...

'love of the game'
SKyLineR34 Posted at: 16:27 Apr29 2006 Post ID: 806990
SKyLineR34
Forum GuestMember
+
+
[color=red]1.They should get rid of the 5 second penalty. 2.Should have put in body mods and decaling. 3.Lose the B-Spec.

[color=white]On the other hand all 4 games are awsome.

www.forumsvibe.com/carscity/

[font=andes][size=20][color=yellow]Please join it needs members!! [/size][/font][/color]

Note: You may need to type it.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close