Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

To all members fo the SuperCheats Super Smash Brothers Melee Forum...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Team SuperCheats Posted at: 01:40 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201026
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
+
... If you have visited here in the last few days, there is no doubt you would have seen the problem which was caused by an article appearing on Super Cheats without the correct acknowledgement.

I have tried to explain privately how important it is not to post work which is not yours without any reference to that fact... Although I am not sure if it has sunken in with everybody... If you received an article from an e-mail please write that in the submission - the bottom line is if you are not the author, you shouldn't really be submitting the work (unless you have evidence of permission).

I hope that is clear, so let's move onto the flaming, trolling etc... by new members. This cannot continue if you want to be welcome here. Personally, I'd love you guys to stick around, from what I've read most of you seem like cool, knowledgable, game experts and can add a lot to our community. From the posts I have read through today, it looks like most of you that are still visiting SC have closed the Cez matter, which is good news. I did close one thread this morning that was still out to flame Cez, and it was good to see that there was zero support for that thread, and that people posted their views that this kind of thing was not needed here or conducive to the general effort to move on from what has happened.

So, the bottom line from that is, flaming and trolling isn't tolerated here, all new members are welcome, and it's nice to see that generally, people are trying to move on from the Cez flaming topics.

OK, onto Cez's modding of the situation. He has been a valued member of this community, and as far as I am concerned, still is. He has a good record. However, I feel that there were a couple of topics that shouldn't have been closed. These were:

http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=6918
http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=6890&page=2

Cez must have been under quite a bit of pressure. It's not nice to come to a board where you are a respected mod to find loads of new members flaming you... And some continuing to do so. I am also not so happy with a moderator of this board calling a group of new members loosers and noobs. As mods you are trying to grow the community and to be welcoming of others, not get into a flame war, and certainly ont continue it when many of the other side are closing the issue.

I understand Cez was just sticking up for himself and I support him for that, but as a mod, you need to be able to step back and realise that many of the new members are actually moving on from the issue at hand.

I have removed the two inactive moderators from this forum. One of them nintendo_dude is a very active member of this board and site generally, he must have his interests in other games. The other guy - I don't know, doesn't seem to around any more.

Just as a side note, we don't accept moderator applications yet (in case anyone was wondering). But there will be an online moderator application system in EVERY forum on Super Cheats next week.

So in closing, it looks like most people have put the plagarism issue behind them. Many of you may want me to remove Cez as a mod, I won't do this, as I think this experience will only make him a better moderator, and as I have said before he has a good record here. Whether or not he is a true SSBM expert is not the issue for me - I'm actually not too familar with the game, so cannot comment on that. I do hope some of the new members that came here from GF continue to post here and have a fun time doing so.

All the best

Rich
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Gea Posted at: 01:48 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201028
Gea
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Please look through the last 3-4 pages of the topic right under this, as there is a fine line between sticking up for yourself and causing more problems.
Team SuperCheats Posted at: 01:59 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201031
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
+
Well it looks to me that battle was started by Cez. That was the first time I read through that thread.

Cez, as stated in my original post, you need to draw a line under this, learn that as a mod you cannot go past sticking up for yourself - you clearly did this above. But again I would like to put this down to experience and pressure.
saviorofthejedi Posted at: 02:41 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201045
saviorofthejedi
Forum GuestMember
+
+
all that matters here is that it is over and one with. i am happy that it stopped
I HAVE BEEN REBUILT, STRONGER, FASTER, MORE INTLLEGENT THAN BEFORE!! JOIN WHATDOYOUKNOW.2FORTUNE.COM AND http://s14.invisionfree.com/Sports_Tribute CONTACT ME AT: [email protected]
XIF Posted at: 03:15 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201067
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The whole copying thing is over and done with an my book, and for you team super cheats, thankyou for making it clear that you need to specify whether or not you're the author, even if it was from an e-mail.

I'd love to say that my beef with Cez is over... but it just bothers me that a moderator and a "respected member of the board," can act so immature, and blatantly lie about many things... such as unlocking bogus characters, getting impossible scores in single player modes and what not...

but he's not the only one, the hints section is loaded with alot of fake "cheats" and hints that arent really hints...

How does the report function for the hints section work. If one person says that it is "bogus" then does it go down? Or do multiple people have to report it? If the latter, I would like for myself and a couple others to just go through a report all the bogus material in one clean swoop... Which I hope is fine.
Team SuperCheats Posted at: 03:19 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201072
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
+
Yes, reporting bogus stuff would be fine. It usually takes 2 reports to get our attention, or one from a 'PRO' user.

A pro user is one which has a record of adding high quality submissions to our site and they get their submissions added on a priority basis (as they require little editing... spelling, caps etc...)
XIF Posted at: 03:31 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201081
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
interesting...

I'd post alot of my stuff, but, quite frankly I think its a tad too big for the way your layout is now... one page for all the hints.
Team SuperCheats Posted at: 03:44 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201092
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
+
You can post as specific section walkthroughs if you want. I understand what you are saying about the way we layout the hints.

The only other option is to just display a title of the hint and a synopsis, and put each hint on a seperate page, but I'm not sure if people would like that either - It's very hard to please everyone!
XIF Posted at: 04:21 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201121
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
heh, alright, I think I will...

later, too lazy right now <_<
TobiasXelKythe Posted at: 08:47 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201394
TobiasXelKythe
+
+
Hmmm... I actually have a semi-redone Luigi FAQ that came from my work after Magus left. I might bring that here sometime if I finish.
LUIGI'S GAME IS STEPPING UP [ www.freewebs.com/tobiasxk/LuigiFAQ.txt ]
Bronco11 Posted at: 09:27 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201414
Bronco11
+
+
What the heck happened to the other 2's mod spots?
Gea Posted at: 11:29 Jun11 2005 Post ID: 201540
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Thank you Rich. I knew you hadn't seen it, I wasn't trying to question anything. And I will be happy to assist cleaning out all of the fake stuff as well, because I was thinking of this before XiF mentioned it. Also I'd love to help with writing FAQs, though my most useful one is already taken. ;o XiF has a Doc FAQ...

Ah well.
Silent Lucidity Posted at: 13:40 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 203166
Silent Lucidity
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i'll help also,
Cez Posted at: 13:50 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 203181
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 11-Jun-2005 Bronco11 said:What the heck happened to the other 2's mod spots?
They were removed for not being active on this particular part of the forum. The definition of irony: The one mod that everyone wanted to lose his spot is the only one who kept it.
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
Cylun Posted at: 14:19 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 203235
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Well, now that general leo is dead and Lady Celes is gone...

Oh, nevermind. And no, tsc is definatly no geshtal, for he is indeed a nice person.

But... Cez... you keep locking topics that seem to disprove your glitch characters. Please, all I desire is that you openly admit that there are no glitch characters in this game. I will be happy then.
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
Cez Posted at: 14:24 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 203242
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Has it occured to you that maybe my sole purpose here is not to make you guys happy? Okay, fine. If it'll get you guys off your case. Geez, I'd admit to fixing the General Elections if it'd shut you guys up. The things I do for a quiet life...
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
Gea Posted at: 14:34 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 203256
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No one said your purpose was to make us happy. However staying within the rules as well as posting only true information is required of everyone, not excluding you.
Cylun Posted at: 14:36 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 203261
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I truly can not understand you . A moderator is supposed to be looked up to by the people in the forum, and yet you lie to them. I cannot allow any moderator to so lie to the members of a forum, that is my path. I want you to understand, you are supposed to set a good example, you are supposed to promote the general knowledge of the players. You cannot simply tell them you can glitch a character into the game, you cannot simply lock topics because they explain that your combo did not work. I care not whether or not you are moderator, but I care that you are not truthfull, and that is my chief concern. Its just... whenever I see a moderator, I think of them as the best of the forum, and for one to spread false information...
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
XIF Posted at: 14:37 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 203263
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I submitted my doctor mario faq, and sheik faq, and now, to go throught the horrid hints guide <_<.
Gea Posted at: 14:38 Jun12 2005 Post ID: 203265
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I guess I'll write a Samus FAQ so I don't feel tiny in comparison. ;o
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 8