Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Halo 3

How do you........?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Cybertron Posted at: 20:35 Aug04 2008 Post ID: 2363287
Cybertron
Post Likes: 0
+
+
How do you join someone else's game instead of just hosting one it takes longer that way... Also how do you pick your own stadium and match?
Join Halo 360(my team)IGamerzcentral(my site)

Godsarmor, not a member of SC made the sig and Vasco for avy
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
rsrlmao Posted at: 20:53 Aug04 2008 Post ID: 2363308
rsrlmao
+
+
For your first question when you're in a lobby, Click the X Box button on your controller then go to friends, and then go to the name of the friend whose party you want to join and you should see Join Party. If you don't see it then your friend is in a battle.

I don't know about the second one, unless you mean custom as in like two players or something.
[center]
HandHeldPlaythroughs For DS Games
[u][u][b]rsrlmao1[at]hotmail[dot]com[/center]
Cybertron Posted at: 11:06 Aug05 2008 Post ID: 2364123
Cybertron
+
+
On 04-Aug-2008 rsrlmao said:For your first question when you're in a lobby, Click the X Box button on your controller then go to friends, and then go to the name of the friend whose party you want to join and you should see Join Party. If you don't see it then your friend is in a battle.

I don't know about the second one, unless you mean custom as in like two players or something.
Thanks anyways but what if you don't want to join your friends just some random member's, than what?Eh

jameer Posted at: 14:28 Aug05 2008 Post ID: 2364560
jameer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 04-Aug-2008 rsrlmao said:For your first question when you're in a lobby, Click the X Box button on your controller then go to friends, and then go to the name of the friend whose party you want to join and you should see Join Party. If you don't see it then your friend is in a battle.

u mean the Y button lol

Cybertron Posted at: 10:13 Aug06 2008 Post ID: 2365982
Cybertron
+
+
On 05-Aug-2008 jameer said:u mean the Y button lol
no he means the big x in the middle of ur controller.

jameer Posted at: 11:35 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2367662
jameer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
o well the y buttons is easier

Cybertron Posted at: 12:02 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2367706
Cybertron
+
+
SO you press the Y button and it takes you to the menu?

Cluskey Posted at: 13:33 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2367847
Cluskey
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Takes you to your friends list.

The (X) button is also known as the 'Guide' button.
Cybertron Posted at: 14:08 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2367893
Cybertron
+
+
Oh I get it......

jameer Posted at: 14:30 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2367934
jameer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yes exactly thats it

Stupid Nino Posted at: 22:17 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2368693
Stupid Nino
+
+
Yeah can't create a match like you can on games like Gears or CoD ...
Cybertron Posted at: 17:33 Aug18 2008 Post ID: 2386901
Cybertron
+
+
Nobody has answered my question like I want it answered.... I asked is there a way to join someone else's game in matchmaking. Meaninig you aren't going to be party leader.

qwertyuio Posted at: 22:57 Aug18 2008 Post ID: 2387187
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
......are you talking about partying up? If you press the "X" button you can party up with people and choose to play with them nextr match and so forth till you decide to leave them or they boot you.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Cybertron Posted at: 12:04 Aug19 2008 Post ID: 2387821
Cybertron
+
+
NO thats no it. Ill try to explain better: YOu know how when you go matchmaking and you have to wait till people come? Well how do they join your game. I only know how to create one not join one like I want to know.

qwertyuio Posted at: 16:16 Aug19 2008 Post ID: 2388333
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
-_- There is no joining and no creating. Everyone just comes together when they choose what playlist they want to play. IF you choose to play Head to Head, it will pair you up with other people who want to play it. Its all done by the system. Nobody creates. Everyone just comes together.
Intoxication Posted at: 18:10 Aug19 2008 Post ID: 2388481
Intoxication
+
+
If your talking about partying up you can create your own party by going to a lobby and being the party leader, and then you go to your friends list or recent players to invite people. In the party you can keep the party 'Open'- Anybody can join. 'Friends Only'- Only friends and friends of friends can join without an invite. 'Invite Only' where you must invite people to join the lobby. Also when you select which you would like to pick you can press the X button and then select the max party size, to such as an average Team Slayer sized team, you would set the max to 4 and change it to 'Friends Only' so 3 of your friends can join you and you can play Team Slayer together.

The other thing is you can also go into a matchmaking playlist alone. When your in the matchmaking lobby you can select which playlist you would like to pick out of 'Ranked', 'Social', 'DLC (Playlist for the Heroic and Legendary map packs that contain DLC Objective and DLC BTB), and 'Hardcore'. Some gametypes such as Team Doubles require a certain map pack like the Heroic and Legendary while others don't. So let's say your going to go into Lone Wolves (6 person FFA that contains slayer and objective game varients). Only one person may be allowed to go into it in a party, so that means only you can. So once you start the game and enter the searching criteria they'll be screens collecting other players that are also looking for a match as well. Once you get 6 people the game will start, there is also a veto option to which if you get half the people in the room to veto the map swaps, except only 1 map per game can be swapped.

Also, to join a friends match or a recent players match as long as their party is 'Open' or 'Friends Only' you can go to your friends list and click their gamertag and click the Join session in Progress option. If it's 'Invite Only' you'll have to ask them for an invite in a message.

« Last edited by Intoxication on Aug 19th 2008 »

Signature and avatar done by Vasco the noob.
qwertyuio Posted at: 23:52 Aug19 2008 Post ID: 2388886
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
+
On 19-Aug-2008 Intoxication said:If your talking about partying up you can create your own party by going to a lobby and being the party leader, and then you go to your friends list or recent players to invite people. In the party you can keep the party 'Open'- Anybody can join. 'Friends Only'- Only friends and friends of friends can join without an invite. 'Invite Only' where you must invite people to join the lobby. Also when you select which you would like to pick you can press the X button and then select the max party size, to such as an average Team Slayer sized team, you would set the max to 4 and change it to 'Friends Only' so 3 of your friends can join you and you can play Team Slayer together.

The other thing is you can also go into a matchmaking playlist alone. When your in the matchmaking lobby you can select which playlist you would like to pick out of 'Ranked', 'Social', 'DLC (Playlist for the Heroic and Legendary map packs that contain DLC Objective and DLC BTB), and 'Hardcore'. Some gametypes such as Team Doubles require a certain map pack like the Heroic and Legendary while others don't. So let's say your going to go into Lone Wolves (6 person FFA that contains slayer and objective game varients). Only one person may be allowed to go into it in a party, so that means only you can. So once you start the game and enter the searching criteria they'll be screens collecting other players that are also looking for a match as well. Once you get 6 people the game will start, there is also a veto option to which if you get half the people in the room to veto the map swaps, except only 1 map per game can be swapped.

Also, to join a friends match or a recent players match as long as their party is 'Open' or 'Friends Only' you can go to your friends list and click their gamertag and click the Join session in Progress option. If it's 'Invite Only' you'll have to ask them for an invite in a message.
Nice post there. :D
Intoxication Posted at: 17:25 Aug20 2008 Post ID: 2390012
Intoxication
+
+
Thanks, could've really went into further detail if I needed to, if you need a clearer idea just ask.

Signature and avatar done by Vasco the noob.
Jam Jar Posted at: 01:50 Aug22 2008 Post ID: 2391493
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
+
could've just said:

when viewing your freinds list, if your freind has a sorta bent arrow next to the game their playing you can join thier game, you just select their name and go down to 'join in progress' or what ever it says.
Stupid Nino Posted at: 14:06 Aug23 2008 Post ID: 2393457
Stupid Nino
+
+
You can't join anyone if they are searching for a game ... and the only time you can join mid-game is if the party is open, and it is a Custom Game.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close