Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Full Metal Alchemist

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Twilight_Sasuke Posted: 19:17 Aug08 2008 Post ID: 2370256
Twilight_Sasuke
Post Likes: 3
+
Ok seems that people want to talk about Full Metal Alchemist, i have made a thread so people can talk about it.

~Plot

What Full Metal Alchemist Is About

Edward and Alphonse Elric are brothers living in the village of Resembool in the country of Amestris (����, Amesutorisu?). Their father, Hohenheim, left home when Edward and Alphonse were still very young. Years later, their mother, Trisha Elric, dies of a terminal illness. After their mother's death, Edward becomes determined to bring her back through the use of alchemy, an advanced science in which an object can be reformed into something completely different. They learn of the Human Transmutation, a forbidden art in which one attempts to create a human who had died. However, this attempt failed, ultimately resulting in the loss of Edward's left leg and Alphonse's entire body. In a desperate effort to save his brother, Edward sacrifices his right arm to affix his brother's soul to a suit of armor. After that, Edward's left leg and right arm are fitted with two sets of automail, a type of advanced prosthetic limb, created for him by his close family friends Winry Rockbell and her grandmother Pinako.

~Characters

Edward Elric, commonly nicknamed "Ed", is the main protagonist of the series. Edward is famous for being the youngest State Alchemist of the country winning the title of "Fullmetal Alchemist". Edward is of short stature, and typically reacts in an exaggerated manner to any remarks about his height. After losing his right arm and left leg as a result of a failed human transmutation and the binding of Alphonse's soul to a suit of armor, he received automail prosthetics. He starts searching for the Philosopher's Stone in order to recover the body of his younger brother as well as his missing limbs.

Alphonse Elric, often nicknamed "Al," is Edward's younger brother and Fullmetal Alchemist's secondary protagonist. For most of the series, his soul is trapped in a large suit of armor as a result of performing Human Transmutation, causing other characters throughout the series to confuse Al with the "Fullmetal" Alchemist. Alphonse is the calmer of the two, and can be seen as a foil to Edward's character. He starts the search for the Philosopher's Stone with his brother hoping to recover their bodies

Roy Mustang, is a State Alchemist known as the "Flame Alchemist" due to his ability to create fire with his gloves. He is Edward's direct superior officer in the military, but has his own goal, mainly to become the F�hrer, leader of the military. During the series, his friend Maes Hughes is killed after discovering the secret of the Ishval Civil War resulting in the start of his search of Hughes's murderer

Winry Rockbell, is a mechanical expert who is a childhood friend of the Elrics. She, along with her grandmother Pinako, built Edward's automail, and she also helps maintain the automail when it gets broken. Her parents were called into service as doctors during the Ishvalan Civil War and were killed while treating the injured. In the manga, they are killed by the Ishvalan Scar; in the anime, they are killed by the State Alchemist Roy Mustang.

Scar, is one of the few surviving Ishvalans. His real name is never revealed, but he is referred to as "Scar" because of the X-shaped scar on his face. Scar's right arm, which is tattooed with a rare transmutation circle, was given to him by his brother shortly before he died. Scar believes himself to be an instrument of God, and kills State Alchemists using his alchemical skills, despite the fact that he believes alchemy is an abomination against the natural world.

Ok now if you want to read the manga here is the link to it Full Metal Alchemist Online Manga

Special Thanks to wikipedia for the information on this anime/manga and onemanga for the online manga.
[center]v Latest Signature By Me v

Previously skyline_2fast_luffy & Now Cyndevia
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 20:48 Aug08 2008 Post ID: 2370379
Flareon Dude_
Post Likes: 0
+
I freaking love this show, it's just that I dont see it on TV anymore.

it sucks. :(
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
cheater900 Posted: 17:29 Aug09 2008 Post ID: 2371637
cheater900
+
The show is great, and the manga is even better. definetely a favorite of mine. oh and i heard that Scar's name is going to be revealed later in the manga. if thats true, then i can't wait. its been bugging me forever.
Have you ever had something that you thought you had figured out, but then realized you had no idea?
Twilight_Sasuke Posted: 02:14 Aug10 2008 Post ID: 2372143
Twilight_Sasuke
Post Likes: 3
+
Really i thought that was his real name. Eh
[center]v Latest Signature By Me v

Previously skyline_2fast_luffy & Now Cyndevia
Triforce Posted: 18:30 Aug10 2008 Post ID: 2373054
Triforce
+
If you want to any episode that is 1-51,or the movie,you can go to www.watch-fma.com.

P.S.you can download them too!

Edward is awesome,and Al has a strange voice.

« Last edited by Triforce on Aug 21st 2008 »

sk8rboy Posted: 21:35 Aug10 2008 Post ID: 2373254
sk8rboy
SC's favorite otaku gamer
Post Likes: 1
+
I love to watch Full Metal Alchemist. It sucks that it hardly ever comes on anymore...
May make random appearances every-so-often. Trying to officially return...

POKEMON BLACK FRIEND CODE: 1249-2602-6566
POKEMON BLACK2 FRIEND CODE: 1679-1583-9820
POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 3308-5051-2299
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 22:21 Aug10 2008 Post ID: 2373292
Flareon Dude_
+
I know, doesn't it?

I haven't seen it in so long, that I forget what some of the characters look like. I remember some names, but not the faces. it sucks!!
I'm gone...
Pooly Posted: 08:40 Aug11 2008 Post ID: 2373916
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
FMA is epic, a friend of mine downloaded the whole series and the movie so I've been watching them, I'm currently on episode 31 of the anime.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 10:55 Aug11 2008 Post ID: 2374162
Flareon Dude_
+
....out of how many?
I'm gone...
Pooly Posted: 15:50 Aug11 2008 Post ID: 2374799
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
On 11-Aug-2008 Flareon Dude_ said:....out of how many?
I've seen 31 of 51 episodes.
I started reading the manga to, got through the first 3 chapters in an hour, very little is different to the anime as well.
Edit:I'm on chapter 22 or so now, not bad for 3 days of reading I think.

Edit2:Yeah, make that chapter 41 out of 86, I'm nearly half way through.

« Last edited by Pooly on Aug 13th 2008 »

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close