Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Believe!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

PhilXZ Posted: 11:06 Nov29 2008 Post ID: 2490913
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
Post Likes: 0
+

Well the time is coming so I thought I'd prepare. I tired to keep the colors on red shades, a Christmas color. Added a few small effects here and there. My GIMP forze when I first tried it and I lost the work, but this one looks better than the one I was about to make. CnC!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
-R.R. Posted: 11:42 Nov29 2008 Post ID: 2490925
-R.R.
+
Um...
It's highly too monotone, and the text just doesn't fit, like there was a lack of effort.
The brushes of overdone, and take up too much of the tag, and I fail to see any other effects.
It looks like you put everything in and just colorized it all red, and no lighting is present either.
I'm going to be honest, and probably hated for this, but the render or stock or focal or whatever it is looks like a scrotum... ._.
Nashdar Posted: 11:49 Nov29 2008 Post ID: 2490927
Nashdar
+
Add some colors to the focal or add some colors to the BG. Do something to seperate the two. They are on different levels and are two different things and need something to seperate them from each other.

Gift from Becky, don't look at it too long, beauty might blind you!

Older Account is "Gamesubmitter" Stats Below
Green_Fire Posted: 11:56 Nov29 2008 Post ID: 2490930
Green_Fire
+
I agree with -R.R. I looked closer and saw...Christmas tree ornaments?
It has been said before though....
NOT ALL TAGS NEED LIGHTING.
You do need a few more colors in there though. Perhaps some green to go with the Christmas theme?

Still looks great, I see effects around the ornaments, and THANK YOU FOR NOT SAYING X-MAS! Hate it when people do that. ._.'

Signature by me
v-gamer Posted: 15:48 Nov29 2008 Post ID: 2491150
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
It would probably look better if you didn't go mad with brushing the entire sig and without the text. I don't care if it's supposed to be monotone; it looks bad with only one color. Lighting is off, composition is bad, effects are dreadful and are nothing related to Christmas, and depth could use more work. The focus is decent, though.

Phil, I haven't been doing graphics much longer than you have. Unfortunately, I haven't seen you improve the past month. Perhaps you're in a slump?

Just something to consider. However, if you are in a slump, this is a horrible time to continue relying on Brushes for effects in every sig you make.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Brøken Posted: 16:13 Nov30 2008 Post ID: 2491807
Brøken
+
On 29-Nov-2008 Green_Fire said:I agree with -R.R. I looked closer and saw...Christmas tree ornaments?
It has been said before though....
NOT ALL TAGS NEED LIGHTING.
You do need a few more colors in there though. Perhaps some green to go with the Christmas theme?

Still looks great, I see effects around the ornaments, and THANK YOU FOR NOT SAYING X-MAS! Hate it when people do that. ._.'
If you believe tags don't need lighting, read up or dont post here.

' from the man linkey the frate himself.
ozzo Posted: 16:28 Dec01 2008 Post ID: 2492639
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
well if you didnt tell me it was to do with christmas I wouldn't have known what the hell you just made

it's very monotone. christmas is about gold, greens, silvers etc too. more colour. the composition and font of the text is disturbing.

by now you should really have improved, phil.

good concept, tho

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close