Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Tag Wall 2008

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

PhilXZ Posted: 15:44 Dec04 2008 Post ID: 2494552
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
Post Likes: 0
+
As most of you know, this was the year I started becoming insterested in graphics. I started like a beginner and then went on to find a style. After some tries I found it: Brushes. Every avatar, banner, and sig I make has brushes in it. I even created the Got? Tag using just brushes. Many peope say my tags are crazy and have no flow, not every tag needs one in my opinion. My recent tags, like Believe! and the Gaara Tag, have concentrated on the personality and characteristics of the focal. Believe had a warm red feeling and Gaara a lust of crazy splashed blood. I also tried Animations, Stamps, Rendering, and stock reworks/editing. This tag wall is made up of few of the many tags I created in this year. For those who don't know: I'm one of the few surviving members that uses GIMP. :P

http://philxz.deviantart.com/art/Tag-Wall-2008-105423701

Enjoy! Give comments and announce your favorites from this colorful wall of tags.
Cybertron Posted: 19:53 Dec04 2008 Post ID: 2494718
Cybertron
+
I like the second form the bottom. Just cause of the style. How did you make it?
Join Halo 360(my team)IGamerzcentral(my site)

Godsarmor, not a member of SC made the sig and Vasco for avy
PhilXZ Posted: 14:47 Dec05 2008 Post ID: 2495205
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
I tried making something identical of what I've seen. I used C4Ds, projections, grunge brushes, and layer settings.
tbug2007 Posted: 21:22 Dec05 2008 Post ID: 2495384
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
Gaara one is best; needs lighting source.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
N a t e Posted: 15:23 Dec06 2008 Post ID: 2495877
N a t e
+
"I started like a beginner..."

Last I checked, so did everyone...

"After some tries I found it: Brushes. Every avatar, banner, and sig I make has brushes in it."

So basically, you're saying you take what other people have taken a lot of time and patience to create, and you splash them all over everything you make, without thought, and never bother to actually try doing something yourself without external help.

"Many peope say my tags are crazy and have no flow, not every tag needs one in my opinion."

It's one thing to say "not every tag needs flow". Your case is entirely different. NONE of your tags have flow. Maybe these many people would actually think your tags were good if you actually put care into making them without halfassing brushes and C4Ds IN EVERY TAG.

"For those who don't know: I'm one of the few surviving members that uses GIMP. :P"

Congrats. Want a medal?

You're such a graphics god. Did you learn nothing from what I said a while ago on DA?
hurr
Nashdar Posted: 16:07 Dec06 2008 Post ID: 2495906
Nashdar
+
I really do appreciate your strive and originality of using brushes. Most people will call them noobish or they are for beginners. I always look at art first by its originality and you have that. They might not all be wonderful and totally awesome, but they are good. I like the gara one.

I do have one suggestion though. When using brushes, try to mix up the tones of the colors and the colors them self. For example, the Believe tag should have some more lighter,darker,vivid, and duller tones together to highlight certain areas and to make it more 3-D or as if the BG is farther away. Try to add 1-2 more colors in your tags also.

You are doing great.

Oh and one more thing, you mention the fact about being a "GIMP survivalist". In my first 2 years of graphic designing, I only used GIMP and I still do every so often. I use PS more now though every since i realized how cool it was.

Gift from Becky, don't look at it too long, beauty might blind you!

Older Account is "Gamesubmitter" Stats Below
Probe Posted: 17:06 Dec06 2008 Post ID: 2495938
Probe
+
On 06-Dec-2008 N a t e said:"I started like a beginner..."

Last I checked, so did everyone...

"After some tries I found it: Brushes. Every avatar, banner, and sig I make has brushes in it."

So basically, you're saying you take what other people have taken a lot of time and patience to create, and you splash them all over everything you make, without thought, and never bother to actually try doing something yourself without external help.

"Many peope say my tags are crazy and have no flow, not every tag needs one in my opinion."

It's one thing to say "not every tag needs flow". Your case is entirely different. NONE of your tags have flow. Maybe these many people would actually think your tags were good if you actually put care into making them without halfassing brushes and C4Ds IN EVERY TAG.

"For those who don't know: I'm one of the few surviving members that uses GIMP. :P"

Congrats. Want a medal?

You're such a graphics god. Did you learn nothing from what I said a while ago on DA?
I'm here to say JUST that.

You really do rock at graphics.... Mmmhmm. Brushes, makes me wanna hump it. It's so sexy.

No.

Bai.
"I don't know if I should smile because we're friends, or cry because that's all we ever will be..."

MSN- teh-probe(at)hotmail(dot)com

Green_Fire Posted: 15:28 Dec07 2008 Post ID: 2496399
Green_Fire
+
N a t e: Stop hating on Phil. He is great at graphics, better than me. He has his own style, so that's him; if you don't like it, it's not his fault. Some of his tags do too have flow, and they don't have to have them to be good. It's what he's good at doing that makes them that way.

I think Phil's tags are great, sure, he's got room to improve, but so do all of us. He's my homie so Ima stick up for him. :P I use GIMP too, nothing wrong with it. Some people even prefer GIMP over PS. YOU CAN HAVE GOOD TAGS WITH BRUSHES!! That's my point. I agree with Taylor; Garra is best, I also like Diddy Kong, Jedi, Shadow, the Got? sigs, and I don't think Believe! is as bad as everyone else says. Great job on all of them though Phil.

Have a nice day.

Signature by me
PhilXZ Posted: 15:34 Dec08 2008 Post ID: 2496847
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
Thanks Green_Fire. I'm glad you like the Gaara tag, Taylor, let me see if I can find the .xcf version of the tag and I'll tryto add a little lighting.

@Probe and Nate: I don't think I'm a graphics god, there are people way better than me and I know it. Some people call my art crap, yet everyone has their own style. I do it as a hobby and I'm satisfied with what I do, I don't want to go big with it. If you don't like it, fine by me. This is my style and I stick to it and some people actually like it. Everyone has a different taste for art.

By the way, aren't C4Ds, stocks, and renders made by other people too? How is it different from using only brushes in an artwork? If you are complaining about me using brushes all the time, you could complain about everybody using C4Ds and renders that people took their time into making. Basically the same thing.

Now I don't want to start a huge conversation about this.

Thank you everybody who commented! Smile
InvertAlpha Posted: 00:01 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497230
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
On 07-Dec-2008 Green_Fire said:N a t e: Stop hating on Phil. He is great at graphics, better than me. He has his own style, so that's him; if you don't like it, it's not his fault. Some of his tags do too have flow, and they don't have to have them to be good. It's what he's good at doing that makes them that way.

I think Phil's tags are great, sure, he's got room to improve, but so do all of us. He's my homie so Ima stick up for him. :P I use GIMP too, nothing wrong with it. Some people even prefer GIMP over PS. YOU CAN HAVE GOOD TAGS WITH BRUSHES!! That's my point. I agree with Taylor; Garra is best, I also like Diddy Kong, Jedi, Shadow, the Got? sigs, and I don't think Believe! is as bad as everyone else says. Great job on all of them though Phil.

Have a nice day.
Sick

Sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

If you seriously don't know who you're talking to, then you need to move your cursor into the later pages of this forum before I get a fail pic.

*Goes back into hiding*
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
.Impact Posted: 05:45 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497284
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
Post Likes: 1
+
He's a new member, I don't think he ever reached Phobia's time. Einstein. -_-

ozzo Posted: 07:48 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497303
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
and plus nate isn't some sort of god. well. to the ladies yes but he shouldnt be to you D:

-R.R. Posted: 08:48 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497309
-R.R.
+
ROFLMAO-RAYQUAZA-QUIX.

I agree with Nate and Probe.
The end. =)
dx_hbk Posted: 12:33 Mar07 2009 Post ID: 2565933
dx_hbk
Skeptic
Post Likes: 6
+
On 09-Dec-2008 .Impact said:He's a new member, I don't think he ever reached Phobia's time. Einstein. -_-
you do know that he is master volthwak i forgot the name

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

Vasco Posted: 12:57 Mar07 2009 Post ID: 2566009
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
On 07-Mar-2009 dx_hbk said:you do know that he is master volthwak i forgot the name
I don't know for how long you'll remain being a Moderator dx_hbk, you keep breaking the rules time after time. You've been warned for basically every little thing now.

YOU'RE A MODERATOR. You're supposed to know what you're doing here, not keep breaking the rules like a new member. You've been a member here for almost three years, and yet, I'd say you never read the rules. In case you don't know, you bumped a very old topic, something you should know not to do, by now.

On topic, .Impact obviously knew who he was, Nate aka Phobia aka Master Volthawk, so think a bit before acting. Not only you broke a rule, you also made an incredibly irrelevant post that simply gave .Impact the reason.

Super-mod is now on the way to take care of this. Keep doing this, and expect a report very soon.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 382262

Post Top
Click to close