Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Is the Loch Ness Monster real or not?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Kinetic Posted: 21:08 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497733
Kinetic
Post Likes: 0
+
On 07-Dec-2008 Raikiri said:I Think that The Nessie Is Fake, As the Picture That was Taken of Nessie (Which was In Black and White) Was just a Sub Marine, As the Photographer Told The Media after a While. He Admitted it Was a Hoax.

You Guys Might Think Im Talking Crap Here But this Is my Theory of The "Nessie"
After The Hoax the Government Must Have heard Of the story, So Maybe They created This Thing that went under Water, Maybe a Submarine Or something. So Every So often it Will Appear above the Surface. The Reason i think this is because the Government Could Earn Money by Making Hoaxes Like These.

Another Crazy Theory of Mine IS That the Murky Water could just be Pollution and It's Fairly Cold Down Scotland And around Lake Nessie so theres Bound to be Foggy Conditions,Which also Might be affecting how Things look. As for the Ripples in the Water, It could just be that tonnes of Local Hooligans/Proffesional Researchers are trying too search for the Nessie, Thus Making Ripples in the water.

that's What i Think, but i think My second Theory is More Logical.
Haha...thats it!! A government conspiracy, isnt it always.

C'mon why would the government want to do this? To keep people interested in Ireland? I dont think so, I want to believe but I dont. The Lochness reigns in the same category of bigfoot, the yeti, etc. Just legends told over time that were taken too literal.

« Last edited by Kinetic on Dec 9th 2008 »
Courtesy of .Impact

"Bros before hoes. Why? Because your bros are always there for you. They got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason."
- The Office
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
DemonOfSand Posted: 21:24 Dec09 2008 Post ID: 2497739
DemonOfSand
+
I do and don't believe that Nessie is real. I believe is it possible that there could be, what do call them, like little underwater volcanoes that make the water hot in some areas, you know what I'm talking about. That would kinda solve the cold-blooded thing. It eats fish, it lives. It may come up every once in a while because it may be chasing a school of fish or it's curiosity is peaked by something.

I also can't believe it because the lake is too murky. Subs can't see down there, cameras can't, etc. It would have to be really old, plain and simple. Unless there was you know, more down there.

Bouncing off what Kinetic said about legends. How do you think legends come to be? They come from stories. How do these stories come, from inpiration. Where does this inspration come from? From some sort of sighting. Even if the sight might have been a mistake, it is possible that there is a Bigfoot, a Yeti, etc. We find new species everyday, some we thought to have been extinct, but aren't. Bigfoot and the Yeti could be one of those things, we've just yet to find, but that's a little off-topic, hahaha.

« Last edited by DemonOfSand on Dec 9th 2008 »
My Aipom is famous for being the strongest Aipom ever on this site.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
g33k Posted: 07:29 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2497832
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 09-Dec-2008 Kinetic said:But the reason we find new species everyday is becuase of where they are and the size of the creature, we're talking about insects, plants, etc. I know that many places are left unexplored but no way an animal as big as a "bigfoot" could survive all these years without being noticed, even if it stays in a cave its entire life, not much to survive on in a cave.

You are right about Legends but like you said, they are adapted from stories that just about anyone can come up with....with enough of an imagination.

For example how did Dragons come to be? The only inspiration I can see is dinosaurs and how did people far back enough to develope a foundation for this "Legend" be able to see such a creature or by that matter, see an odd event and claim to have seen a "dragon". How would they know how it looked like and it is a fact that dragons never existed...a fact.
Sorta off topic now aren't we? Yea it is post deleted.

(by the way bigfoot could exist)
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
super craig Posted: 08:04 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2497851
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 09-Dec-2008 DemonOfSand said:I do and don't believe that Nessie is real. I believe is it possible that there could be, what do call them, like little underwater volcanoes that make the water hot in some areas, you know what I'm talking about. That would kinda solve the cold-blooded thing. It eats fish, it lives. It may come up every once in a while because it may be chasing a school of fish or it's curiosity is peaked by something.

I also can't believe it because the lake is too murky. Subs can't see down there, cameras can't, etc. It would have to be really old, plain and simple. Unless there was you know, more down there.

Bouncing off what Kinetic said about legends. How do you think legends come to be? They come from stories. How do these stories come, from inpiration. Where does this inspration come from? From some sort of sighting. Even if the sight might have been a mistake, it is possible that there is a Bigfoot, a Yeti, etc. We find new species everyday, some we thought to have been extinct, but aren't. Bigfoot and the Yeti could be one of those things, we've just yet to find, but that's a little off-topic, hahaha.
Most legends do have some basis in fact, but often very little but they just say it to try and give it some credibilty. You don't need a sighting to start a legend, just an imagination, going on to what was said in the deleted post people make this sort of stuff up all the time. When you see monsters in a film do you think yeah they came up with how it looks based on a sighting? No they just made it up.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

rate_me Posted: 15:45 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498066
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
On 09-Dec-2008 DemonOfSand said:I do and don't believe that Nessie is real. I believe is it possible that there could be, what do call them, like little underwater volcanoes that make the water hot in some areas, you know what I'm talking about. That would kinda solve the cold-blooded thing. It eats fish, it lives. It may come up every once in a while because it may be chasing a school of fish or it's curiosity is peaked by something.

They're called "Hydrothermal vents (http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...mal_vent)." If there were any under the lake, there would have been large amounts of sulfur found in the water, which would have killed the fish. However, even though large, previously unknown animals have been discovered recently (http://www.cnn.com/2008/WOR...dex.html), the animals are frequently in placed that are rarely searched, as opposed to a lake which is studied I don't know how many months a year, every year. If something was down there, it would have been found by now.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
DemonOfSand Posted: 16:21 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498106
DemonOfSand
+
On 10-Dec-2008 super craig said:Most legends do have some basis in fact, but often very little but they just say it to try and give it some credibilty. You don't need a sighting to start a legend, just an imagination, going on to what was said in the deleted post people make this sort of stuff up all the time. When you see monsters in a film do you think yeah they came up with how it looks based on a sighting? No they just made it up.
I didn't necessarily mean a sighting of the made up creature, just something that they may have seen that was different from what they normally see. But they are just legends/stories. Some people also mistake a creature for a new one, just by where they found it or the way they saw it(different angle of view-point, weird position of the animal, etc.).
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
super craig Posted: 16:52 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498129
super craig
+
On 10-Dec-2008 DemonOfSand said:I didn't necessarily mean a sighting of the made up creature, just something that they may have seen that was different from what they normally see. But they are just legends/stories. Some people also mistake a creature for a new one, just by where they found it or the way they saw it(different angle of view-point, weird position of the animal, etc.).
Very true, alot of sightings are thought to be just of seals and we do have a habit of making things a little more exciting than they really are, such as manatees mistaking for mermaids.

Nashdar Posted: 17:59 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498151
Nashdar
+
On 09-Dec-2008 Rathalos9 said:I dont bleive in it... How is this a picture of nessie? It could just be a picture of a rock or anything else, videos are All fake,these "observations" is just BS i dont care what a drunk Scotsman thought he saw.Drawings, Seriously? People who belive in this will think that pics and vids are evidence, skeptics will shoot them down.
Just because the THAT picture is highly obvious to be fake, that doesn't mean all evidence pieces are fake as well. You chose the worst piece of evidence that there is of the monster. I thought I should point that out.

« Last edited by Nashdar on Dec 10th 2008 »

Gift from Becky, don't look at it too long, beauty might blind you!

Older Account is "Gamesubmitter" Stats Below
DemonOfSand Posted: 18:38 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498192
DemonOfSand
+
On 10-Dec-2008 rate_me said:They're called "Hydrothermal vents (http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...mal_vent)." If there were any under the lake, there would have been large amounts of sulfur found in the water, which would have killed the fish. However, even though large, previously unknown animals have been discovered recently (http://www.cnn.com/2008/WOR...dex.html), the animals are frequently in placed that are rarely searched, as opposed to a lake which is studied I don't know how many months a year, every year. If something was down there, it would have been found by now.
The fish don't have to live near it to survive right? Plus, if Nessie does exist, it might be in an underwater cave where the vents heat it and Nessie only comes out for fish near the surface. That could be a possibility. I'm not an expert on what sulfur does or how dangerous it is, etc.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
Kinetic Posted: 18:54 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498210
Kinetic
+
How is this off topic (you said sorta..sorta doesnt count), this is a discussion and what was deleted was a counter argument of what was based on the direction DemonofSand went. If its off topic you shouldnt have commented on what I said, your post is off topic g33k. I was applying the belief of Bigfoot, yeti, etc. to the argument over Nessie's existance.

This was a response to what you said Demon, on the legend stuff

"But the reason we find new species everyday is becuase of where they are and the size of the creature, we're talking about insects, plants, etc. I know that many places are left unexplored but no way an animal as big as a "bigfoot" could survive all these years without being noticed, even if it stays in a cave its entire life, not much to survive on in a cave.

You are right about Legends but like you said, they are adapted from stories that just about anyone can come up with....with enough of an imagination.

For example how did Dragons come to be? The only inspiration I can see is dinosaurs and how did people far back enough to develope a foundation for this "Legend" be able to see such a creature or by that matter, see an odd event and claim to have seen a "dragon". How would they know how it looked like and it is a fact that dragons never existed...a fact."

-me

anyways...how would it survive, how can it eat without being noticed? Nessie would need to eat pounds and pounds of fish to stay alive, if its as large as everyone seems to think.
Courtesy of .Impact

"Bros before hoes. Why? Because your bros are always there for you. They got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason."
- The Office
rate_me Posted: 19:01 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498215
rate_me
+
On 10-Dec-2008 DemonOfSand said:The fish don't have to live near it to survive right? Plus, if Nessie does exist, it might be in an underwater cave where the vents heat it and Nessie only comes out for fish near the surface. That could be a possibility. I'm not an expert on what sulfur does or how dangerous it is, etc.
http://www.lenntech.com/per...s-en.htm Read the last couple paragraphs of the page. Besides, if there were vents in the lake, the gasses released from them would make the surface conspicuously bubbling.

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
DemonOfSand Posted: 19:01 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498217
DemonOfSand
+
On 10-Dec-2008 Kinetic said:How is this off topic (you said sorta..sorta doesnt count), this is a discussion and what was deleted was a counter argument of what was based on the direction DemonofSand went. If its off topic you shouldnt have commented on what I said, your post is off topic g33k. I was applying the belief of Bigfoot, yeti, etc. to the argument over Nessie's existance.

"But the reason we find new species everyday is becuase of where they are and the size of the creature, we're talking about insects, plants, etc. I know that many places are left unexplored but no way an animal as big as a "bigfoot" could survive all these years without being noticed, even if it stays in a cave its entire life, not much to survive on in a cave.

For example how did Dragons come to be? The only inspiration I can see is dinosaurs and how did people far back enough to develope a foundation for this "Legend" be able to see such a creature or by that matter, see an odd event and claim to have seen a "dragon". How would they know how it looked like and it is a fact that dragons never existed...a fact."

-me

anyways...how would it survive, how can it eat without being noticed? Nessie would need to eat pounds and pounds of fish to stay alive, if its as large as everyone seems to think.
Maybe we're overexagerating on how big it is. Maybe it's about as big as a seal or a great white? Plausible I think.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
Kinetic Posted: 19:07 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498219
Kinetic
+
On 10-Dec-2008 DemonOfSand said:Maybe we're overexagerating on how big it is. Maybe it's about as big as a seal or a great white? Plausible I think.
Yea...you're right about that, but every documentary on the discovery channel, other channels, and the web mostly if not always say it very big for some odd reason. But yeah its possible.

One time some scientist determined the size of Nessie or something that was seen as Nessie by a photograph and they estimated like 30ft long...lol
Courtesy of .Impact

- The Office
rate_me Posted: 19:12 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498223
rate_me
+
On 10-Dec-2008 Kinetic said:How is this off topic (you said sorta..sorta doesnt count), this is a discussion and what was deleted was a counter argument of what was based on the direction DemonofSand went. If its off topic you shouldnt have commented on what I said, your post is off topic g33k. I was applying the belief of Bigfoot, yeti, etc. to the argument over Nessie's existance.

-me

I have heard from my uncle, who is a psychologist, that dragons are a part of almost every culture around the world because of our pre-evolution instincts. Just as apes were begginning to evolve into humans, there were three major fears which they had: Deadly reptiles (venomous snakes, crocodiles), Raptors (as in birds of prey), and Big Cats (Lions, Tigers). Throughout evolution, these were the most dangerous predators. Now notice a Dragon's appearance: Scaly, long body, large, intimidating wings, and sharp, long fangs and claws. A dragon is a combination of the most dangerous animals to our predeccessors, and thus it has been a part of human psychology around the world for thousands of years. I hope that post made sense. I wasn't sure of how to phrase it.

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
DemonOfSand Posted: 19:20 Dec10 2008 Post ID: 2498226
DemonOfSand
+
On 10-Dec-2008 rate_me said:I have heard from my uncle, who is a psychologist, that dragons are a part of almost every culture around the world because of our pre-evolution instincts. Just as apes were begginning to evolve into humans, there were three major fears which they had: Deadly reptiles (venomous snakes, crocodiles), Raptors (as in birds of prey), and Big Cats (Lions, Tigers). Throughout evolution, these were the most dangerous predators. Now notice a Dragon's appearance: Scaly, long body, large, intimidating wings, and sharp, long fangs and claws. A dragon is a combination of the most dangerous animals to our predeccessors, and thus it has been a part of human psychology around the world for thousands of years. I hope that post made sense. I wasn't sure of how to phrase it.
It did, but many cultures who had stories of "dragons" had never come in contact, as in China had no contact with let's say Australia back then, yet they had stories that described teh same creates, you get my point. It is possible that travelers spread them, but like I said, possible.

Anyway, Nessie could feed on other creates besides fish. Or maybe there's moving magma in undersater caves the keep the water warm at certain depths. Just thinking outside of the box.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
super craig Posted: 15:31 Dec11 2008 Post ID: 2498616
super craig
+
On 10-Dec-2008 DemonOfSand said:It did, but many cultures who had stories of "dragons" had never come in contact, as in China had no contact with let's say Australia back then, yet they had stories that described teh same creates, you get my point. It is possible that travelers spread them, but like I said, possible.

Anyway, Nessie could feed on other creates besides fish. Or maybe there's moving magma in undersater caves the keep the water warm at certain depths. Just thinking outside of the box.
Good point about the magma, but I would have thought anything like that would have been found long ago, along with the vents. If it doesn't eat fish then I assume it would eat plankton like some whales do, but that would mean it would spend a lot of time near the surface and would have been quite easily picked up.

DemonOfSand Posted: 17:57 Dec11 2008 Post ID: 2498732
DemonOfSand
+
On 11-Dec-2008 super craig said:Good point about the magma, but I would have thought anything like that would have been found long ago, along with the vents. If it doesn't eat fish then I assume it would eat plankton like some whales do, but that would mean it would spend a lot of time near the surface and would have been quite easily picked up.
Yeah, but you have to remember, teh water is very murky, that's why they don't have subs down there or camaras because even flashlights dont make a difference.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
Nashdar Posted: 21:40 Dec11 2008 Post ID: 2498870
Nashdar
+
THE SOULTION TO THIS WHOLE ISSUE: Everyone in the world will come to Loch Ness and fill their mouths with 1 mouthful of water and all the water will be gone!!!

No, not really (even though that could work:P), I don't beleive that the creature we see as the Loch Ness Monster is anywhere near what reptiles today are like. I beleive it could survive in the cold easily. If it is what it is, then it is millions of years old which means it has been given a lot of time to adapt to its enviroment. The people that say that something so big would of been found already can be contradicted with the fact that the water IS very murky (filthy Irish j/k xD) I mean, there are a lot of creatures that haven't been found and some weren't found until after years of searching.

And to be honest, since there is no REAL SOLID proof on its exisitance, someone could try to say that it has the ability to shrink to the size of an ant when it wants which makes it hard to find. I know that sounds very off topic, but it isn't. People are claiming that something big MUST be found which isn't true. There are millions of different kinds of fish under the water in the sea that haven't been discovered, some are quite large actually. Loch Ness could have some type of cave or path that we yet to discover.

My point of the last paragraph mostly is to say, don't rule out its existance based on its size.

rate_me Posted: 05:33 Dec12 2008 Post ID: 2498959
rate_me
+
On 11-Dec-2008 Nashdar said:THE SOULTION TO THIS WHOLE ISSUE: Everyone in the world will come to Loch Ness and fill their mouths with 1 mouthful of water and all the water will be gone!!!

No, not really (even though that could work:P), I don't beleive that the creature we see as the Loch Ness Monster is anywhere near what reptiles today are like. I beleive it could survive in the cold easily. If it is what it is, then it is millions of years old which means it has been given a lot of time to adapt to its enviroment. The people that say that something so big would of been found already can be contradicted with the fact that the water IS very murky (filthy Irish j/k xD) I mean, there are a lot of creatures that haven't been found and some weren't found until after years of searching.

And to be honest, since there is no REAL SOLID proof on its exisitance, someone could try to say that it has the ability to shrink to the size of an ant when it wants which makes it hard to find. I know that sounds very off topic, but it isn't. People are claiming that something big MUST be found which isn't true. There are millions of different kinds of fish under the water in the sea that haven't been discovered, some are quite large actually. Loch Ness could have some type of cave or path that we yet to discover.

My point of the last paragraph mostly is to say, don't rule out its existance based on its size.
[sarcasm] Yeah, an ant! Maybe it can fly and sing Disney songs too! Since there is no REAL SOLID proof on its exisitance we don't know that it can't![/sarcasm] The sonar that is used to search the lake would deffinitely have found the caves, and I don't even think that we have evidence of a complex system of hidden submariene caves.

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
Nashdar Posted: 06:22 Dec12 2008 Post ID: 2498963
Nashdar
+
On 12-Dec-2008 rate_me said:[sarcasm] Yeah, an ant! Maybe it can fly and sing Disney songs too! Since there is no REAL SOLID proof on its exisitance we don't know that it can't![/sarcasm] The sonar that is used to search the lake would deffinitely have found the caves, and I don't even think that we have evidence of a complex system of hidden submariene caves.
If the chameleon wasn't discovered yet and somehow had not yet been found, you would of said the same thing.

If I said that the Loch Ness monster could change into any color he needed to blend in to his enviroment, you would of been like "[sarcasm] Oh, maybe it could be lucky charms and create a rainbow![/sarcasm]

Just because something hasn't been discovered yet, doesn't mean it won't ever be discovered.

Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close