Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

First thoughts? [Campaign Spoilers]

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
XZYOE Posted at: 05:41 Nov10 2009 Post ID: 2762528
XZYOE
lukie is hot
Post Likes: 1
+
+
So what do think of the game so far?

I'll post when I get in it like twelve hours. ;_;

« Last edited by XZYOE on Nov 18th 2009 »
UNLOCKED
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
guy in oakland Posted at: 22:03 Nov11 2009 Post ID: 2763036
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
well the first thing I wanted to see was the airport mission everyone was freaking about.after playing through it I did find it slightly disturbing,but then I thought of thngs 10X worse that I did in other video games

PSN-intayaz

zeldafan11 Posted at: 00:00 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763068
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I'm impressed by the campaign, it really delivered the cinematic feel a game needs, though the story seems the same as CoD4, in the things you have to do, but still campaign is great.

Spec-Ops is fun though I haven't played it much what I have played is fun, and challenging the missions are very challenging and fun, so this was a good bonus mode.

Multi-Player is great it is a balanced game unlike everyone thought and still had no repetitive gameplay as there are now 70 Lvls with tons of unlocks and customizations that make it home sweet home for any gamer, Pre-set classes include perks that are unlocked at higher Lvls and you start out with a 50 Cal. sniper often a one hit kill if you hit them right.

First Thoughts: 19/20

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
Team SuperCheats Posted at: 00:21 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763080
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
+
I've heard some things about the airport mission, even the guy that did our guide mentioned it was disturbing - what happens?

ALso hear that the single player campaign is a bit short, do you think this detracts from the value of the game, probably most people buy this for the online action - I don't know, I've not played the series.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
guy in oakland Posted at: 08:22 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763188
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
you and a bunch of russians go to an airport and start killing hundreds of civilians

PSN-intayaz

Sanzano Posted at: 09:00 Nov12 2009 Post ID: 2763208
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
+
The graphics look superb, I haven't had a chance to play the game yet though.

K Dawg Posted at: 09:13 Nov14 2009 Post ID: 2763924
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
+
Online is probaly the best online game I have ever played. The graphics are better, the game seems to run a bit smoother, way more options. etc... etcc...

You have to give online a shot, its basically amazing.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
geezerguy Posted at: 20:11 Nov14 2009 Post ID: 2764102
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
+
Been playing campaign for about two hours, I've never played a CoD game before this, but this is something else, it's amazing.

I'll have to check online out a bit later, after I'm actually OK at the game.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Daecu Posted at: 21:45 Nov14 2009 Post ID: 2764137
Daecu
+
+
Im on Exodus now. My fav part so far was bombing the massive downhill on the snowmobile

You May Know Me As Latiosprince | Sig By Me
[email protected] -> Feel Free To Add Me
My deviantART
Me
Beta X Posted at: 22:50 Nov14 2009 Post ID: 2764159
Beta X
+
+
My friend on Live has it, he says it sucks. He hates it.
But me, never played or seen any videos on it.
Plus not a fan of CoD.

XZYOE Posted at: 23:12 Nov14 2009 Post ID: 2764173
XZYOE
lukie is hot
+
+
On 12-Nov-2009 Team SuperCheats said:I've heard some things about the airport mission, even the guy that did our guide mentioned it was disturbing - what happens?

ALso hear that the single player campaign is a bit short, do you think this detracts from the value of the game, probably most people buy this for the online action - I don't know, I've not played the series.
In the airport the character you play goes with other Russian to kill hundreds of people in Airport. I didn't really find it disturbing to be honest. The best scene is when you walk in the lobby and all the flights turn to "Delayed."

Even though the campaign isn't too long, it still is great. The plot is amazing.
UNLOCKED
Daecu Posted at: 00:07 Nov15 2009 Post ID: 2764188
Daecu
+
+
^I died like 4 times there. Damn exploding jet engines

I like at the end when Makarov shoots you in the head

You May Know Me As Latiosprince | Sig By Me
[email protected] -> Feel Free To Add Me
My deviantART
Me
sphynxx Posted at: 01:27 Nov16 2009 Post ID: 2764586
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
On 14-Nov-2009 K Dawg said:Online is probaly the best online game I have ever played. The graphics are better, the game seems to run a bit smoother, way more options. etc... etcc...

You have to give online a shot, its basically amazing.
Online is amazing, although it seems to me that kills are so easy to come by. When I first started (when I actually managed to jump into a game by using the 'join session' feature through the 'invite' screen because I couldn't find a TD game) and I was playing Hardcore TD (unlocked at lvl 19 I think - I was still lvl 1) I managed to get 25 kills using the FAMAS and that was with a really sucky connection & a ton of lag.

Aside from fairly easy deaths (both when I've been shooting at, and been shot at) my main gripe is that from early on, the games were almost impossible to find, I would spend 30minutes at minimum trying to get into a game, play 4 of 5 games then spend another 30 minutes min. before getting into another game. The only time I ever manage to get straight into a game without a long wait is when I play Ground War (I think its called.) Through a lot of my games there has been a ton of lagging, and everyone on my PSN friendslist that plays MW2 all have the same complaints, the game isn't totally smooth. Sure, I guess that's to be expected from a new game, but given the length of time this has had in development I would have though it would've been better than what it is.

On a side note, the invite system sucks, they should've kept it the same as MW.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Jam Jar Posted at: 03:37 Nov16 2009 Post ID: 2764612
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
+
I did find "No Russian" a little disturbing, but once i understood why they did it, it made a little sense, they made it look like a bunch of Americans started killing Russian civilains and killed some Russian Spec ops. It basically gave Russia a reason to invade the US and start slaughtering 100 US civilians for ever Russian killed in the air port.

The campaign is brilliant although a little on the short side, similar to COD4's. Multi-player is an improvement much more fun, no longer get grenade spammed for some reason and the maps are alot more open which i preffer.
zeldafan11 Posted at: 08:02 Nov16 2009 Post ID: 2764654
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
+
+
That's mainly why you're not getting grenade spammed maps are larger and no more x3 Frags. Smile

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
geezerguy Posted at: 11:10 Nov16 2009 Post ID: 2764679
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
+
On 14-Nov-2009 XZYOE said:In the airport the character you play goes with other Russian to kill hundreds of people in Airport. I didn't really find it disturbing to be honest. The best scene is when you walk in the lobby and all the flights turn to "Delayed."

Even though the campaign isn't too long, it still is great. The plot is amazing.
I didn't find it too disturbing, but when they first started killing the Civilians I was actually really shocked, because I didn't know what was going to happen. Just a bit shocking.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
TestVirus101 Posted at: 08:37 Nov17 2009 Post ID: 2764968
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
+
I had a moment in "No Russian" where I rushed over with my knife to a dude crawling on the ground to perform euthanasia when one of the other russians shot him, so I cried "KS!" and shot him to death before getting gunned down by the other Russians. There was also the bit with the ambulance at the end where Makarov says "Don't shoot" so I shot the back of the ambulance for fun and recieved bullets to the head which ****** me off the next time when the doors happened and well... you know what happens.
XZYOE Posted at: 19:45 Nov18 2009 Post ID: 2765452
XZYOE
lukie is hot
+
+
On 16-Nov-2009 geezerguy said:I didn't find it too disturbing, but when they first started killing the Civilians I was actually really shocked, because I didn't know what was going to happen. Just a bit shocking.
I saw the trailer, knew Makarov was a ****, and was holding a gun. Not too surprising.
UNLOCKED
g33k Posted at: 21:21 Nov20 2009 Post ID: 2766415
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
+
I actually beat the game on the release date with in like 6-10 hours of getting my copy...

The campaign was pretty good but it was WAY too short...

But at least the multiplayer (or what I have seen so far) is pretty good...
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
Spartan 085 Posted at: 02:06 Dec07 2009 Post ID: 2772151
Spartan 085
+
+
Doesn't seem all that short when you're playing on Veteran and you die every six or seven steps. ;)
A1C Peck
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close