Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Thoughts on quickscoping

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
iiRAGEQUiiT Posted at: 10:12 Jun17 2011 Post ID: 3022394
iiRAGEQUiiT
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Now, it's impolssible not to know what quickscoping is; a highly aggressive method of using a sniper, staying scoped for at little time neccesary to get an accurate shot.

Everyone tries it once in a while, but there are alot of people who do nothing but it.

~Pros~

-It is fast to pull off.
-It is usually an instant kill.
-It has become a way to show off "skill" in online matches.
-They give the sniper some better choices at close range

~Cons~

-Doing it is high impractical unless through instinct.
-Many Prodigies will insult real snipers as skill-less "hardscopers"
-Due to the increased difficulty with killing someone, the player might slow the team down.
-Makes it nearly impossible to hit someone at long range, and still tricky up close in moments of panic.

~Prodigies~

These are the kids you see who will CONSTANTLY Quickscope. if you snipe and don't quickscope, they will call you a "hardscoper".
How to tell if someone's a prodigy:
1.Ask them what weapon they would take in a zombie apocalypse. if they say Intervention, they are probably a prodigy.
2.Ask them if they think they can quickscope IRL. if they say yes, they are a prodigy.
3.Offend them. if they challenge you to a 1v1 (Probably on rust with radars on and miniscule health), they are a prodigy.

~Final thoughts~

Personally, I like quickscoping. I like to use it online. but I don't ALWAYS do it. I either do it iff friends are doing it, if I randomly feel like it or for the final kill.
What I DON'T like are prodigies. the ones who'll quickscope all the time, and get negative K/Ds or not go for objectives. Alot of them say I don't quickscope because I suck at it, and then they challenge me to 1v1s. I have never lost to the prods who have.

Post your thoughts.

Let go, and then I, Lose control,
And I'm falling faster than I'd really like,
Down I go, further, Out of control,
But it makes no sense to give up at this height,
I just need a sign to tell me I'm alright...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
peanut butter ownage Posted at: 10:31 Jun17 2011 Post ID: 3022406
peanut butter ownage
Friendly Neigborhood PBO!
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Only use it when trickshotting. Indifferent to prodigies, kind of "laugh silently to myself" whenever I see 'em.

Xeta Posted at: 12:41 Jun17 2011 Post ID: 3022483
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
+
I don't snipe, so I never do it. The whole "ah what a hardscope ***!'" gets annoying though.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Jirachi X Posted at: 13:01 Jun17 2011 Post ID: 3022487
Jirachi X
+
+
If you are a Quickscoper, and aren't going on about how you are doing better than everyone using ARs and SMG, or insulting me by calling me a "Hardscope Noob" I couldn't care less and all the more power to you.

12 year old MLGLegitProiizzirgrizz's on the other hand...

« Last edited by Jirachi X on Jun 17th 2011 »
I'm gone - bye
sphynxx Posted at: 15:40 Jun17 2011 Post ID: 3022593
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
What X said basically.

I can do it. Sometimes. **** poor ping rates often result in misses, even though they looked like perfect hits (that annoys me so much).

But the thing that gets me most annoyed about these "quickscopers" is if they miss, they instantly go to the panic knife or switch to akimbo USP.45s from a mile out and spam until your dead. If you're going to Quickscope - you're not going to get better at if you keep switching/knifing -,- Man up and take a death if you wanna do that.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Cyndevia Posted at: 22:54 Jun18 2011 Post ID: 3023266
Cyndevia
Bane of the Fallen King
+
+
Would you call this quickscoping? http://www.youtube.com/watc...izAb1PrU

and yeah I quick scope because I like a challenge with using the sniper because I find using a assault rifle (any other weapon) a bit boring just holding down the trigger and spamming bullets at the enemy until they die. Also another perk of using a sniper they can be used at all ranges.
sphynxx Posted at: 02:03 Jun19 2011 Post ID: 3023279
sphynxx
+
+
there are some elitists who'll say that that wasn't "quick scoping" because you scoped in completely. Ie; you saw the cross-hairs.

They're dumb. It was quick, you used the scope. 'Nuff said about it really.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

aaros17 Posted at: 15:45 Jul16 2011 Post ID: 3037937
aaros17
+
+
I often say sniping is unfair but that might just be because I'm not good at it.
sphynxx Posted at: 18:04 Jul16 2011 Post ID: 3037991
sphynxx
+
+
the only time I get annoyed is if I'm shooting at a dude, and have hit him at least twice and then he scopes in and OHKs me. That's the only time I think it's a bit of BS.

exploding typhoon Posted at: 00:31 Sep03 2011 Post ID: 3059125
exploding typhoon
Grammar strict policeman.
Post Likes: 5
+
+
I have a problem with people that only QS, talk **** at every match, then get mad when you snipe them. Or, as I've recently dealt with, you use the sniper rifle correctly, and they start calling you a "try-hard". If I'm just with my friends though, I don't have a problem with it, and I'm apparently pretty decent at it. So, as long as they're not a "Prodigy"(which I think is a very ill-fitting name for them /), it's okay. Unfortunately, they're also the ones I encounter the most.
"We are men of action, lies do not become us." - Westley

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

I wanna spin around on a 45.

dragonx254 Posted at: 13:57 Sep08 2011 Post ID: 3060626
dragonx254
Elite Gamer
+
+
I never got why "hard-scoping" is an insult, since that's how you're supposed to use a sniper rifle.

I quickscope whenever I'm bored or just don't feel like using conventional weapons. And of course, for final kill if possible (but I won't do it if the second place person is right behind me in score).

But I swear some people are using hacks when they quickscope, it's hard to stop your reticle DIRECTLY on someone when your sensitivity is 10 or something.

sig credit goes to Craizen
Resurrection in process: Final Fantasy Eternal
exploding typhoon Posted at: 15:33 Sep09 2011 Post ID: 3060857
exploding typhoon
+
+
dragonx254 said:I never got why "hard-scoping" is an insult, since that's how you're supposed to use a sniper rifle.

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who doesn't get it. That, and this new "try hard" thing every 12 year old with a mic is whining about.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

sphynxx Posted at: 17:31 Sep09 2011 Post ID: 3060876
sphynxx
+
+
dragonx254 said:But I swear some people are using hacks when they quickscope, it's hard to stop your reticle DIRECTLY on someone when your sensitivity is 10 or something.

No it's not. It just comes down to how used to playing on 10 sens you are. I only play on 10..

exploding typhoon Posted at: 19:07 Sep09 2011 Post ID: 3060893
exploding typhoon
+
+
It's true. My friend can do exactly that without using any hacks. Still annoying when it happens though.

Cyndevia Posted at: 19:12 Sep09 2011 Post ID: 3060898
Cyndevia
Bane of the Fallen King
+
+
Yeah takes a lot of practice to get that good at quick scoping, (Im still crap at quick scoping, when i do quick scope it's a fluke lol) at the moment I play on 9 sensitivity. Everytime I go from 9 to 10 I suck at playing so I switch back to 9 xD
Jirachi X Posted at: 22:31 Sep09 2011 Post ID: 3060933
Jirachi X
+
+
exploding typhoon said:I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who doesn't get it. That, and this new "try hard" thing every 12 year old with a mic is whining about.

Eh, it's not that hard when you get used to it. I myself play on 7 and I can I can quickly whip myself right around to face the opposite direction and snap directly to the guy shooting me.

I would be pretty decent at quick scoping if it wasn't for the fact that they aren't automatic.
I'm gone - bye
sphynxx Posted at: 22:36 Sep09 2011 Post ID: 3060938
sphynxx
+
+
The best results for QSing is 7-8 sensitivity. I'm too used to playing on 10, so anything lower is too sluggish.

Hip-firing RPD whilst spinning around is great fun xD

exploding typhoon Posted at: 23:11 Sep09 2011 Post ID: 3060949
exploding typhoon
+
+
I usually play around 2-4. My friend hates it, always has to turn it up.

sphynxx Posted at: 01:04 Sep10 2011 Post ID: 3060958
sphynxx
+
+
I'd be forcing you onto a higher sensitivity if I were your friend. My friend who sometimes plays with me used to play on 4 or 5 as his highest. I've annoyed him and forced him to play on higher sensitivities for so long, he now plays on 8 haha. He's much more comfortable, and much better (although he still sucks) at the game playing on the higher sensitivity as he reaction time is improved enough to make him more competitive than the lower sensitivities allowed him to be.

Cyndevia Posted at: 05:27 Sep10 2011 Post ID: 3060979
Cyndevia
Bane of the Fallen King
+
+
Yeah a couple of my friends play on low sensitivity, shits me that I have to turn it up everytime it's my go. They won't budge to a higher sensitivity >.<
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close