Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fallout 3

Followers

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Sir Knight Posted at: 21:00 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559646
Sir Knight
Post Likes: 0
+
+
On 28-Feb-2009 BrotherOfSteel44 said:In the SuperCheats guide for Fallout 3, it says Fawkes is a she. I'm not really sure why I got rid of her. I think I might have just had her wait at my house.
This is according to the Fallout wiki:
"Contrary to a comment about Fawkes' gender made by his voice actor, lead designer Emil Pagliarulo has confirmed "No, Fawkes was absolutely a male. This was a mistake. Wes gave an interview and he was mistaken. Trust me, Fawkes is and was male.""
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 21:03 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559649
CyberneticMooninite
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Uh if Fawkes was a girl, 1. that is disturbing since she has a dude voice 2. doesn't have a shirt on so that's interesting.

A good fast way to get evil karma is just steal stuff from the houses and sell it towards the thousand you have to give to Jericho for supplies.

« Last edited by CyberneticMooninite on Feb 28th 2009 »
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:12 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559658
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
People said she was a girl because the voice actor for Fawkes said that they voiced a female character, and if you check the computer of the containment chamber Fawkes is in, it will tell you that the chamber originaly held a female.

And all Super Mutants look the same once they've been mutated, regardless of gender. It's impossible for them to mate, so it doesn't matter anyways. Fawkes has no fun-bags.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 21:15 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559663
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
0.0 and lol at the fun-bags part. All super mutants do sound the same so all could be dudes or girls for all we know.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:21 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559675
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Oh, I just lost Dogmeat when I went into Tranquility Lane (He went back to Vault 101) and I didn't bother to go back for him. I discovered that Charon and I are quite happier without having to babysit him. (I also noticed something. I started getting mad at Charon for stealing my kills, and then realised something: He was a friendly AI... who was doing a good job. Shocking.)

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 21:24 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559681
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
*gasp* A follower who does a really good job instead of just being something like a human shield?! Shocking indeed.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:29 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559694
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Here's an example of Charon being competent:

We were out in the middle of The Mall, surrounded by Super Mutants, and we began fighting. It drew on for a long time without ending, so Charon didn't have time to heal. I checked him, and he only had like a sliver of health left, so I started using VATS a lot, afraid I would have to restart. Surprisingly, he helped me blast away the last few Super Mutants while I used myself as a shield to protect him, and we both made it out alive.

:D

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 21:47 Feb28 2009 Post ID: 2559738
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
That reminds me of the time I went to The Mall with Jericho and Dogmeat. Jericho took the right side of the area from where you fast travel to the Museum of Technology, and Dogmeat went to the left to fight about 3-4 super mutants.(mangy mutt) I ran to help Dogmeat and ended up having to jump in front of him to take a missile head on since he had barely any health and i had 2 stimpaks. When I got finished killing the dudes on the left side, I wheeled around to help Jericho but he had killed all of them and started charging towards the Capitol. He killed about 4 more of them before I go over there and killed the rest.

Another time, I was running in the tunnel after escaping from Project Purity and me, Jericho, and Charon were charging into the room before the terminal. Jericho was hiding for some reason and Charon was standing beside the table with the book and the pistol. He was taking out every Enclave soldiers that ran through the door while I was taking out all the guys up top. I thought they were all dead so I turned around to leave, when another ran out shot me then hit Charon in the head, which killed him. I went into a rage a nd killed the Enclave dud with my fists.
Meh.
BrotherOfSteel44 Posted at: 12:21 Mar01 2009 Post ID: 2560225
BrotherOfSteel44
+
+
Usually Jericho is pretty good when he's with me. Sometimes he shoots at enemies when I'm sneaking, but I think it's because they saw him.

« Last edited by BrotherOfSteel44 on Mar 1st 2009 »

"Humankind never forgives true greatness."
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 01:22 Mar14 2009 Post ID: 2571818
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
Fawkes is a dude. Bethesda has said that Fawkes is a dude. Even if the terminal said he was a girl well Bethesda said he is a dude.
Meh.
BrotherOfSteel44 Posted at: 10:11 Mar14 2009 Post ID: 2571985
BrotherOfSteel44
+
+
Ok I'm just going with what the Super Cheats Guide says. And it says that Fawkes is a girl.

CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 17:33 Mar14 2009 Post ID: 2572468
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
I looked on The Vault and it said Fawkes was a dude.
Meh.
BrotherOfSteel44 Posted at: 17:54 Mar14 2009 Post ID: 2572488
BrotherOfSteel44
+
+
You're right Fawkes is a boy. I just looked on the Vault also. Can anyone tell me if star Paladin Cross is a good follower? She's the only follower I've yet to get.

imaloony8.0 Posted at: 19:08 Mar14 2009 Post ID: 2572606
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
There's still controversy over it, since the voice actor claimed that they voiced for a female character...

I never see any other followers.

If I'm good, I take Charon until I can get Fawkes.
If I'm Neutral, I take Charon until I can get Sergeant RL-3 (Or I'll just stick with Charon...)
If I'm evil, I just take Charon.

All that I know is that Charon, Fawkes and Sergeant RL-3 are all good, and Dogmeat is crap.

Sir Knight Posted at: 20:01 Mar14 2009 Post ID: 2572660
Sir Knight
+
+
I only use Dogmeat to get me the Victory Rifle. After that, I don't give a $h!t if he dies.

Also, I've gone through a ton of followers before I re-restarted the game. First, I've attempted to glitch 3 followers composing of Fawkes, Clover, and Sergeant RL-3. I kinda messed up and I only had Clover and RL-3. Then I decided to get Dogmeat to open up that extra follower spot and add Fawkes. After that, RL-3 was destroyed in Evergreen Mills. So I decided to get Charon as his replacement. He died pretty fast, which made me decide too add Star Paladin Cross to my little 4 Live Crew (Myself included) After lots of adventuring and unique weapon collecting, Cross died. So I decided "F*�k it, I'll stick with just Clover and Fawkes." After more adventuring and killing of the slavers at Paradise Falls, Clover betrayed me when I stole 2 Nuka-Colas from the Slaver Barracks, which made me and Fawkes kill her. Then I re-restarted the game after hearing of gaining entrance to the Citadel through a glitch (Nothing better than getting Power Armor early in the game) and to attempt to get 5 or 6 followers at once.
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 21:42 Mar14 2009 Post ID: 2572911
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
How do you go about the Citadel thing?

At one point I had Dogmeat, Jericho, and Charon but then I ended up going to Raven Rock and lost Jericho and Charon. By that point I had killed Dogmeat since he was basically useless to me. Anyway to glitch it where I can get at least two of them at once? (I currently have Fawkes)
Meh.
Sir Knight Posted at: 22:18 Mar14 2009 Post ID: 2572943
Sir Knight
+
+
On 14-Mar-2009 CyberneticMooninite said:How do you go about the Citadel thing?

At one point I had Dogmeat, Jericho, and Charon but then I ended up going to Raven Rock and lost Jericho and Charon. By that point I had killed Dogmeat since he was basically useless to me. Anyway to glitch it where I can get at least two of them at once? (I currently have Fawkes)
The Citadel Glitch

(The following might not work since you already have Fawkes. But it stands a chance of possibly working, I have yet to test this)
And for the followers, I can get you up to 4 followers. Seeing as you had killed Dogmeat, there should be a second follower spot open (Which means you don't have to fire Fawkes) These steps can get you up to 4 followers.
-Get back Charon (Who returned to Underworld) or Jericho (Who's in Moriarty's Saloon in Megaton)
(NOTE: If you killed everyone in Paradise Falls, get Charon and skip to where RobCo is mentioned)
-Get bad karma and go to Paradise Falls
-When you're next to Eulogy Jones, fire Charon/Jericho (Depending on who you picked) and buy Clover.
-Don't talk to Clover. Instead, rehire the follower that you just fired. Now talk to Clover. You should have 3 followers now
-Now raise your Karma to neutral, and go to RobCo, and find Tinker Joe (He's within the parking lot of RobCo.)
-Do the same fire/rehire glitch that you did in Paradise Falls for Sergeant RL-3 (NOTE: If you chose to bring Jericho with you, do the fire/rehire glitch to Clover as there are no karma requirements to rehire her) You should now have 4 followers (Assuming I'm not wrong about this entire thing)

« Last edited by Sir Knight on Mar 14th 2009 »
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 23:17 Mar14 2009 Post ID: 2573032
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
I've already tried Charon but it didn't work and have yet to try Jericho. I killed Tinker Joe since I was bored and that was when I just killed random npcs. I'll watch the video but I have dial up so I'll get back to you when I have watched it.
Meh.
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close