Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Final Fantasy VII

what is the best weapon out of all the games

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
kamon36 Posted at: 13:40 Jul26 2006 Post ID: 946511
kamon36
The Dead Philosopher
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
The First Tsurugi, Clouds new weapon in Advent Children, a 6 sword in one what else could you ask for??? oh and if you don't quite know what the first tsurugi is

The First Tsurugi (translated as "First Sword" in English) is a collection of six swords?designed such that they can be assembled into one?used by Cloud Strife as his primary weapon in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, the film sequel to Final Fantasy VII.

The individual swords that comprise the First Tsurugi are not officially named, though some fans have referred to them according to which swords they resemble from Final Fantasy VII. They consist of one main base blade, one hollow blade that serves as the front edge for the combined sword, two identical?but asymmetrically opposite?serrated blades that form the back, and two identical?also asymmetrically opposite?smaller blades that attach to the sides. In its fully assembled state, the First Tsurugi is reminiscent of Zack's Buster Sword in its shape and size.

The six blades of the First Tsurugi, stored in the Fenrir motorcycle.The swords of the First Tsurugi in its disassembled state are usually stored on racks inside special compartments on both sides of Cloud's motorcycle, the Fenrir. In addition, Cloud wears a harness on his back that is designed to allow him to carry all six swords at once.

Main blade
The main blade has two forms. In its first form, the main blade resembles an exaggerated Zweih�nder in shape and appearance. Despite its apparent size and weight, Cloud usually wields it with one hand. It consists of a long hilt wrapped in a red material, a distinctively large handguard which the other swords can lock into, and a long, wide blade that ends at a thin point. The main blade is the only sword among the six that is double-sided, being somewhat similar in shape to Cloud's Ragnarok sword from Final Fantasy VII.

In the weapon's second form, the blade splits in half down the middle, revealing a complex inner portion that gives the weapon an appearance reminiscent of Cloud's Apocalypse sword. There are also several round slots within the middle of the opened portion that look as if they serve as liner-locks to keep the blade closed. It is in the first form that the other swords may be assembled onto the main blade. By itself, the main blade serves as Cloud's primary weapon, with which he can be seen using his Blade Beam Limit Break on one occasion.

Hollow Blade
As its description suggests, the hollow blade does not have an inner core as is expected with a sword. Rather, it bears the appearance of a thick sheet of metal folded in a V-shape when looked at from above, with the bottom point of the "V" serving as the cutting edge. Its general shape resembles a Dussack sword. With the lower one-third of its length wrapping around a red double-hilt, this blade locks onto the front edge of the base sword, where it snugly covers that entire side of the main blade. Its own edge serves as the striking point for the assembled sword, and it is this addition that grants the First Tsurugi its distinctive similar appearance to the Buster Sword.

Despite its lack of an inner core, it is sturdy enough to deflect and block both bullets and physical attacks. Cloud also detaches the weapon from the completed First Tsurugi for use as an off-hand weapon during his fight with Sephiroth.

A simular weapon makes an appearance on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance under the name "Eclipse."

Serrated Blades
These two blades are identical long swords, mirror images of one other, with one side of each completely straight while the other bears a squared-serrated pattern. A long black hilt completes the design for both. In assembling the combined form of First Tsurugi, these two swords are attached to the back side of the base sword with their serrated edges pointed toward the hollow blade.

Switch Blades
Two small swords that are mirror images of one another, both with single-sided blades and gear-like mechanisms between at their hilts that allow them to fold up like a switchblade. It is in this folded form that these two small blades are locked onto the sides of the base sword in assembling the combined First Tsurugi, their sharp edges turned forward. In addition, either of the small blades can be quickly ejected from the assembly if needed, providing an off-hand weapon. Cloud uses this as an off-hand weapon during his fight with Yazoo and Loz in the tunnel fight sequence.

Completed First Tsurugi
Unlike the Buster Sword, which contains two round slots for holding materia, the First Tsurugi has no similar compartments. However, more in line with the Buster Sword, it is primarily a crushing or hacking weapon, as opposed to a sword designed for slicing (such as a katana), and although its appearance would suggest that it is even more stout and sturdy than the Buster Sword, Cloud does not demonstrate any more difficulty carrying and wielding it with one hand than he does with its six components.

Also of note concerning the completed form of the First Tsurugi is a unique Limit Break that Cloud can perform with it, as seen near the finale of Advent Children. It is called "Kykkyoku Bushin Hakazan Version 5" (vuf^4ʬ Version 5), or "Ultimate War God Slash Version 5" (the original version being better known as "Omnislash version 5"), and is significantly different from the Omnislash in the original game. While the original used only one sword for a longer sequence involving 15 slashes, Omnislash Version 5 is a fast succession of six slashes using the six swords that comprise the completed First Tsurugi. It also differs from the original in that Version 5 involves the six swords levitating while Cloud himself briefly flies.

For a diagram of the different blades and an explanation of their assemblage, see this webpage.

Other appearances
While the Cloud of Kingdom Hearts' continuity used the Buster Sword in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, he uses the completed First Tsurugi in Kingdom Hearts II. As did the Buster Sword, the First Tsurugi appears wrapped in bandages.

« Last edited by kamon36 on Jul 26th 2006 »
This moniker is a shadow of the past.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Mr.Rocket Posted at: 15:17 Jul26 2006 Post ID: 946735
Mr.Rocket
+
+
Wow,so ive been wrong all this time about fenrir.Hey no wonder I havent seen you here for some time.Where did you find this information,do you actually work with square-Enix company?

[color=red][/color]My email- [email protected]
add me either-MSN or Myspace.
Anna_Strife Posted at: 06:47 Aug01 2006 Post ID: 955714
Anna_Strife
+
+
EH, waow, U almost all knew i never heard...

[center]Join Deco Online at deco.playon.co.id, im still playing this game right now Smile[center]
kamon36 Posted at: 15:20 Aug03 2006 Post ID: 962144
kamon36
The Dead Philosopher
Forum GuestMember
+
+
www.wikipedia.com...the ultimate resourse but I made a mistake the thread says ultimate GAME weapon in that case I would pick LionHeart, Squalls final Weapon in Final Fantasy VIII (if you are confused on what a gunblade is it is a sword with a pistol or revolver embedded in the blade.)

« Last edited by kamon36 on Aug 3rd 2006 »
This moniker is a shadow of the past.
Mr.Rocket Posted at: 09:04 Aug04 2006 Post ID: 963758
Mr.Rocket
+
+
My favorite ultimate weapon would be definetly Aurons-Masamune from ffX.

[color=red][/color]My email- [email protected]
add me either-MSN or Myspace.
KazeKage Posted at: 04:18 Aug05 2006 Post ID: 966004
KazeKage
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Cloud's Buster Sword
Runner-up is Squall's Lionheart
...And as I pass, bodies of the world's great worrior's shall rise from their graves and follow me till the end

[url=http://www.bleachportal.net/interactive/pquiz/index]Take The
Anna_Strife Posted at: 01:28 Sep08 2006 Post ID: 1034388
Anna_Strife
+
+
well well, wikipedia is a free media that carry almost everything!!!

[center]Join Deco Online at deco.playon.co.id, im still playing this game right now Smile[center]
Ultima_Regi7 Posted at: 12:18 Oct04 2006 Post ID: 1073505
Ultima_Regi7
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I like the Ultima Weapon that Cloud uses towards the end of FF7
http://i11.tinypic.com/4r2c21v.jpg
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close