Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

The problem with mechanic skipping and elitism in RuneScape

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Recent Posts Games Series Hubs
Game Filters
Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

wfuuopy Posted at: 20:29 Jul30 2020 Post ID: 3451966
wfuuopy
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Quit attempting to pvm with rude men and women. This is not a thing at all. The main point is don't try and pvm with people that are *****. No one should be crapping on you on your kill times. That being said, if very good players are searching for extremely fast trio ed runs (since it's the only way not soloing them is well worth it financially) then I don't have any issue with them stating"sorry, we need boss kill instances of x, and we are pretty confident you will slow us down".

That's fine, that is not elitism, that is people who have a lot of practice and want to do something specific you're unlikely to be able to assist with. Why do you even pvm, you should sell your gear and move mining" or stating they will take learners and not taking you as of a slow kill time or whatever. That is poisonous behaviour. However, if I've spent hours doing a supervisor, have 800 kill count and I need fast consistent simple chill kills, why should not I make sure the people I am going with are the exact same standard? I'm not registering to get a teaching session, I am wanting some casual elite dungeons pviming. Worth noting the previous piece is a view point, my verak lith time is only like 20s faster than yours, therefore I would imagine we fall in precisely the same category of"lol git gud shitter" to anyone who's that kind of poisonous.

Describe why not, the matter with times periods and challenging HP caps is they become really boring as soon as you reach a certain stage. This implies for a top tier pvmer they're boring on day one, to a person good they're boring after a couple of days, and each player finds them boring after a couple of years of power creep. Unless jagex will go around and rebalance content all the time (they need to do it more often but realistically they aren't likely to) then mechanics like that are just terrible design. Look at rax - even to an average player doing old darkness route was dreadful, since it was easily over 1/4 of your total kill time spent doing nothing of consequence.

1 rax was well balanced. You needed to be good but you'd get the hp down as the net was. In 2020, stage one is"stand around and tap boss simulator" that requires almost double the time that the normal player would undergo it once they know the boss. P2 on course 2 is exactly the same, in case you know the boss at all you'll be stood around on the ramp just frightening avoiding mechanics exhausted out your mind. Difficult phase points have potential to be fun an engaging however they generally don't age well. Time gates are just unfun, and phases that eventually become time gates as electricity creep happens aren't fun.

Looks like they're dealing with mechanisms to me. Before the egg bombs go away they're choosing to tank the strike with damage reducing debil since it is, and they are doing every mechanic. It's not as though they are pushing a stage change by employing familiar that is uncapped damage or blowing off freeing people like AoD. They are opting to have a hit that is barely even if they do the 1 mechanic and you wouldn't see it most of the time anyhow. Would it be elitist of me to deny to play modes in league, or CS, or some other game, with someone multiple ranks below me?

More information about RuneScape in rsgoldfast
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close