Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
God of War

What is this game about?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Aeshma Posted at: 01:26 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 210878
Aeshma
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 8
+
+
I see that this game has been mentioned a couple of times in other forums, what is this game about?

(I would love to hear some details)
roadkillers 1.0 Posted at: 01:33 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 210884
roadkillers 1.0
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Your a guy named Kratoes who used to be a ruthless fighter and he fought an army and was about to die but he gave his life away to the God Of War Ares to stay alive and win so the god helped him then the god made him kill his family so He is going to kill the god of War. (Every person who has rated the game even playboy has and either given it a perfect score or really close score)
VERY IMPORTANT READ: BUY CONKER LIVE AND REALODED TOMMARROW WHICH IS JUNE 21 AND IT IS MY B-DAY SO DO IT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
saviorofthejedi Posted at: 01:33 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 210885
saviorofthejedi
Forum GuestMember
+
+
this may take awhile. but, here it goes:

how many games begin with the main character's suicide? God of War opens as Kratos, a white-skinned Spartan warrior, throws himself from the highest cliff in Greece. It then spins back to recount the events which precipitated the fatal plunge. In short, the warrior was transformed into an unstoppable killer by Ares, God of War, who then tricked Kratos into committing an unforgivable sin. Naturally, the Spartan seeks vengeance upon Ares, and the incredible combat begins. And as impressive as the combat is, the story is even more so. When was the last time you felt a complex set of reactions to an action hero? Kratos will inspire awe, revulsion, and pity as players learn his sad tale.

Even the game's setting is powerful. It's got the same amazing sense of scale and connected levels that made Ninja Gaiden so beautiful, but there's much less backtracking, and the some of the locales are truly monumental. Just wait to scale the Titan which carries Pandora's temple on its back -- the sheer size of it all is breathtaking. And an environmental detail that seems really cool early on becomes such a cool story point late in the game that we can't bear to say any more. Almost every shred of production design is utterly fantastic, from the richly narrated cutscenes to the variations on beasts like the minotaur, gorgon, Cyclops, and harpy.

The camera is fixed, but Sony has evaded almost every issue that plagues other games with similar systems, zooming in and pulling back at exactly the right time. The handful of difficult platforming objectives are therefore no trouble, or at least not because of the camera. Trying to jump around while dodging explosive arrows launched by undead archers is another story. Kratos has a useful, if slightly limited acrobatic skillset, which enables him to climb ropes and some walls, the better to explore remote areas of the game.

Every truly memorable action title needs a signature weapon, and God of War doesn't disappoint. Kratos' wrists are tied to wickedly sharp blades by great lengths of chain, and the sight and sound of those weapons slicing through the air is disturbingly satisfying. Athena will also loan her giant blade to the warrior, but most of the time players will rely on the blades of Ares, which can sweep enemies up in the air for a devastating series of juggling attacks. Deceased enemies break into glowing red orbs, which can be traded (in great amounts we might add) for upgrades. The AI is more aggressive than smart, but most of the time players will be too swamped to notice.

But God of War isn't satisfied to merely let Kratos crack heads. When an enemy is worn down, a circle icon may float above them. Move in and tap that button to either perform an ultraviolent finishing move (for weaker enemies) or instigate a mini-game fatality. For instance, finishing a minotaur has Kratos kick the beast to the ground, then rapidly tap circle to drive blades into the creature's screaming maw. Players can decapitate a gorgon by twisting the left stick as prompted, and larger creatures go down under more complex button sequences.

Success rewards Kratos with a large amount of various energy forms; some creatures will deliver magical energy, while others may spout many red orbs, or health, or a combination of all. Screw up the minigame, though, and the Spartan will be violently rebuffed, and left open for further attack. Of course, players can simply forego the risk of mini-game fatalities, and simply kill enemies as normal. But when you really need a boost of some sort, the opportunity is so tempting.

Other powers also figure into the equation, as Kratos is gradually awarded four abilities by patron gods. Tearing the head from medusa delivers her petrifying gaze; Poseidon donates an electrical attack; Zeus his thunderbolt; and then there's the fantastic Army of Hades, which swarms over enemies like Tolkien's famous army of the dead. Powers are upgraded just like the weapons, with significant advantages to higher power levels. Additionally, after killing a certain number of foes, Kratos can unleash the Rage of the Gods, which offers enhanced attacks and invulnerability, as well as infinite amounts of magic at high levels. Combine that with the Army of Hades and Kratos becomes a supercharged, violent blur.

Exploration is further enriched by some of the best puzzles we've seen in an action game. It's not that the challenge is overly great; in fact, it's just about right. But more to the point, the puzzles really make sense in terms of the story and setting. You'll never feel like a puzzle has been inserted simply because a designer thought it was too clever not to use. Most require basic skills, such as moving and stacking objects, but they make God of War feel much more complex and whole.

But all good things must end; the story took about 10 hours to complete on normal mode. Finishing unlocks a large collection of extra material, from a simple gallery of in-game cutscenes and extra art, to the 3D museum of discarded character designs. One vision of Kratos found there suggests that the game's success could lead one to expect God of War 2 on the PS3. There's also a set of God Mode Challenges, which are pretty tough to beat.

Some gamers will wish for more weapons in God of War, but the two primary tools in the game are so well implemented that it's a minor quibble at best. Our greatest complaint amounts to a silly technical issue that prevented the game from remembering to stay in high definition progressive mode! Though Sony won't take it as a compliment, you'll spend much of your time playing in awe, wondering how it can possibly be running on a PlayStation 2.

With sublime combat, beautifully devised puzzles, and astounding visuals, God of War comes so close to providing the ultimate action platforming experience that it debuts as an instant classic.
(this is taken from SBC Yahoo!. i DID NOT write this)
I HAVE BEEN REBUILT, STRONGER, FASTER, MORE INTLLEGENT THAN BEFORE!! JOIN WHATDOYOUKNOW.2FORTUNE.COM AND http://s14.invisionfree.com/Sports_Tribute CONTACT ME AT: [email protected]
roadkillers 1.0 Posted at: 01:36 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 210890
roadkillers 1.0
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hey dont tell him the whole story gosh lol.
VERY IMPORTANT READ: BUY CONKER LIVE AND REALODED TOMMARROW WHICH IS JUNE 21 AND IT IS MY B-DAY SO DO IT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
saviorofthejedi Posted at: 01:38 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 210894
saviorofthejedi
Forum GuestMember
+
+
hey! i typed that pretty fast so give me some credit
I HAVE BEEN REBUILT, STRONGER, FASTER, MORE INTLLEGENT THAN BEFORE!! JOIN WHATDOYOUKNOW.2FORTUNE.COM AND http://s14.invisionfree.com/Sports_Tribute CONTACT ME AT: [email protected]
roadkillers 1.0 Posted at: 01:38 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 210895
roadkillers 1.0
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Well i hoped that helped ya hopefully you buy the game (See ya i g2g to bed)
Aeshma Posted at: 23:11 Jun18 2005 Post ID: 212479
Aeshma
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 8
+
+
It sounds awesome, I might buy it, but first rent it.

Thank you Smile
roadkilla Posted at: 09:52 Jun20 2005 Post ID: 214431
roadkilla
Forum GuestMember
+
+
You do dat and you get a phone number once you beat the game which is really cool.
Hey go BUY GOD OF WAR one of the best games ever and check out the forum. I'm whichy you probally know i am roadkillers and i've been here since feb. 11 2004.
goldberg3971 Posted at: 23:38 Jun29 2005 Post ID: 229926
goldberg3971
+
+
god of war is ez to beat. It's about this guy Kratos that kills his family and blames Ares for that. He wants revenge and wants to kill him. blah blah blah yada yada yada
roadkillers Posted at: 10:30 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 230410
roadkillers
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Well your probally playing the game on easy.
goldberg3971 Posted at: 12:19 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 230680
goldberg3971
+
+
no god mode
saviorofthejedi Posted at: 14:31 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 230868
saviorofthejedi
Forum GuestMember
+
+
then thats a complete lie. God mode is not easy by any means unless you cheat
roadkillers Posted at: 20:49 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 231325
roadkillers
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
There are no cheats unless he was in the bed alot and got alot of red orbs.
saviorofthejedi Posted at: 16:28 Jul02 2005 Post ID: 234928
saviorofthejedi
Forum GuestMember
+
+
there are cheats like gameshark codes and codebreaker and AR.... there is no possible way it was easy on God Mode. 4 hits and your dead on the first part!
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 228884

Post Top
Click to close