Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Gran Turismo 4

The coolest- and most fun- way to win races in A-Spec

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

darkboarder_77 Posted at: 14:02 Jan07 2006 Post ID: 603557
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I call it the power ram. I don't know if any of you know about this or not, but I will explain.

CPs are programmed to slow down when they approach a corner, right? So, let's say you're tailing several yards behind a CP at high speed, when you approach a corner. The CP slows down. Now then, you can either do one of two things- either slow down to cut the corner, or you can 'power ram' the CP by racing at it at full speed, without slowing down, and ramming it as it slows down. Doing this will cause it to slam into the wall with great force, leaving it stunned. If the CP is unlucky enough... it may even do a nice 180 degree spin, leaving it facing in the wrong direction.

Power ramming is just totally cool. It's so freakin' helpful- the CP slows down to about 40 mph to cut a corner, meanwhile, I'm racing down at it with my Pagani Zonda C12 S 7.3 '02 at 230 mph, and then, WHAM! I slam into the sucker so freakin' hard that it flies across the road into the dirt, and slams into the wall some 70 feet away.

Another helpful thing about power ramming- if you don't throw yourself at the car ahead of you with too much speed, you can actually slow yourself enough to slide around the corner, while leaving your victim nailed against the wall.

Anyway, thought this might be helpful.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close