Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Grand Theft Auto 4

Platforming, a new GTA sport!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Moynihan Posted at: 16:39 Aug11 2009 Post ID: 2704638
Moynihan
Post Likes: 0
+
+
If you have already seen my question you will know what Platforming is. If not you will have no clue. So for those of you who have not read my question, Platforming is basicaly jumping from one building to another but in a clever way. It is also about stringing togeether the longest combo of buildings, balconies, bilboards, pillars and railway tracks as possible. Without getting killed. This is a forum for you to post new Platforming tracks, hints and tips and ideas. My friends and I all enjoy Platforming as it is good for races and generally hanging out in GTA. My favourite track so far is this: I was online with one of my friends, and he was driving a car with him and me in it. We were going up an on-ramp close to the swingset glitch. One that was going East, I think. He then drover for about 20 ft and then got out of the car, jumped over the fence to our right and onto a jutting out platform. I followed, and saw below us, a building with a blue balcony around the first floor. I jumped from the platform onto the blue rim, which was about 30 ft, he followed. I then Ran around on the blue balcony until I found this bilboard pole with a ladder on it. He and I climbed up te ladder to the top of the 40 ft bilboard and saw a railway line about 10 fft below. We jumped from the bilboard to the railway track. We then followed it to the North and we found a corner where the railway track goes over the roof of a building. We jumped over the fence to the left of us onto the roof and then jumped onto another roof, then jumped onto a roof 10 ft below and then jumped to the ground where we found a single Pharte Gas propane tank. So get out there in Liberty City and Platform!

« Last edited by Moynihan on Aug 12th 2009 »

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMoynihanMan
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
qwertyuio Posted at: 21:36 Aug11 2009 Post ID: 2705036
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
Yep, platforming is a lot of fun in GTA, I did find one amazing route I could take involving various jumps and flips with a motorcylce, I need to find out what the area is called though. D:
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Moynihan Posted at: 07:16 Aug12 2009 Post ID: 2705413
Moynihan
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I found another one. You know that mission you do for Vlad, where you chase the guy in the car for a while and then he goes up some scafolding. It's there. First you go to where the swingset glitch is and look around, you'll find it eventualy. Then look around there for a ladder leading up to the first floor of scafolding. Once you get off the ladder take a right and you should see another ladder, go to the top of it. Once you reach the top of the ladder take a left and you should see a staircase, climb up it. Then take two lefts at the top and you should see a crane, climb up the ladder on the side of the crane and run along the path bit on the crane and jump off at the end. Then you climb over a pile of wooden planks and then go over a small bridge leading from one roof to another. Now take a right and you should see a fire escape clib down that and run over to the wall that should be in front of you. Now you should be on a roof with flat on one side and about a metre wide bit of pointed roof on the other. Go to the pointed side and on the building next to you there should be a small rim around the side. Go onto the pointed bit of roof and climb up onto the rim go around the rim to the left and on the other side of the building the should be a bilboard. Climb up onto the bilboard and jump down to the ground you should survive. And that's the end of that new track.

Platforming tip 1: Before starting a platforming track always make sure you have full health.

Platforming tip 2: Try out a track on single play first so you don't look stupid if you fall and die.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMoynihanMan
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close