Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Halo 3

how do you rank up in xbox live?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

atsH3ART Posted at: 12:01 May23 2008 Post ID: 2250999
atsH3ART
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
i know that when you get exp. points and higher skill levels your ranking goes up. but how do you get exp. points and higher skill levels specifically. theres probably a hundred different ways, from your team winning, to winning a few in a row, to getting mvp, and others. but i don't know for sure. so help!!! i'd like to know just to be sure. thanks!!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
qwertyuio Posted at: 19:55 May23 2008 Post ID: 2251697
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
On 23-May-2008 atsH3ART said:i know that when you get exp. points and higher skill levels your ranking goes up. but how do you get exp. points and higher skill levels specifically. theres probably a hundred different ways, from your team winning, to winning a few in a row, to getting mvp, and others. but i don't know for sure. so help!!! i'd like to know just to be sure. thanks!!
You get EXP by winning battles. You get skill up by getting suddenly really good at something. For instance if you suddenly got really good at headshots your skill would go up.

Please do not double post

-Deleted-

EDIT: Can't delete your post for some reason....

« Last edited by qwertyuio on May 24th 2008 »
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Stupid Nino Posted at: 14:01 May24 2008 Post ID: 2252579
Stupid Nino
+
+
^ Your answer isn't completely correct.

Here's how it goes:

Whenever you're playing on a team( ranked or not )everyone on the team that wins gets 1 exp. point. Whenever you're by yourself aka FFA ( Lonewolves or Rumble Pit etc. ) the people in the top half get one exp. point. So if there's 6 people in an FFA match, only the people that finish in either 1st 2nd or 3rd would get an exp. point.

Now as for skill:

Skill only applies to ranked playlists. NOT SOCIAL.

First of all, the more you lose, the harder it is to go up. So if you have played like 500 games in Team Doubles and you're only like a 30, it's gonna take a whole bunch of wins to move up.

When you're playing Lonewolves, you almost always go up one skill level if you finish in 1st. The same goes for second place. Sometimes it takes a few victories. 3rd place is kinda tricky. If you came 1st in a game, then 2nd in the next, and 3rd in the last one, you'll probably go up. But if you got 3nd, then like 6th, and then 3rd again, chances are you're gonna go down. 4th,5th,and 6th work the same way, but the chances of going down are greater.

For ranked team games:
Generally if you win, you go up. Keep in mind that if you have lost a lot in a certain playlist, it's harder to go up.

You cannot earn exp. or skill by playing custom games.
Jam Jar Posted at: 15:18 May24 2008 Post ID: 2252708
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
+
skiill is knida hard to explain, nino missed 1 thing.

If you beat someone with a higher skill than you, you will go up(most of the time)
If you beat someone with the same skill as you, you get like half a skill or go up by one (hard to explain)
If you loose to someone lower than you, you go down one
If you loose to someone the same as you, you have can either go down or stay the same, it's pretty random.

thats all i can think of that hasn't already been said
jameer Posted at: 15:29 Jun19 2008 Post ID: 2289420
jameer
Forum GuestMember
+
+
you are wrong it is based on the trueskill system made by bungie and is a lot more complicated than that

Jam Jar Posted at: 14:29 Jun27 2008 Post ID: 2300487
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
+
that is how the true skill system works
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close