Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Mario Kart Wii

Online play?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Volke Posted at: 10:08 Jan18 2009 Post ID: 2524637
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Anyone here play online? If so, what do you think?

Personally, I think it's fun, but it can also be really damn annoying. You don't gain enough points for doing well, and you lose far too many points if you get a bit of bad luck in a course that takes very little skill to get through.

My point score is around 6500 (I've been playing since Christmas). Got it close to 7000 once, but then I kept getting added into groups of people with over 8000 points, unfortunately, and they went down a little. I never tend to stay in those kind of groups for long though.

I'm a big fan of the courses that take a decent amount of skill to finish with a good ranking. SNES Ghost Valley 2, Grumble Volcano, Rainbow Road, Wario's Gold Mine etc. are my personal favourites. I don't really like playing on courses such as Coconut Mall and DS Delfine Square as new players can win on these kind of courses by getting a little luck with items, which is cheap. Although I can't say much because that's how a first won first place, by getting a Bullet Bill on the final lap in 6th position (out of 12) and using it to rocket ahead of everyone else. It was my second ever online race (came third out of twelve on my first).
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Dragonblaze Posted at: 14:35 Jan30 2009 Post ID: 2532577
Dragonblaze
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I have like 6000 points out of like 4 races... and i just got it for christmas. I like the big courses with wide turns because i usually use cars/bikes with low acceleration.
Back for the summer
Volke Posted at: 12:00 Jan31 2009 Post ID: 2533160
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Usually I use Funky Kong on the Standard L Bike these days, which is fast and has decent acceleration. I usually perform well.

Right now I have about 7300 points. Went up to about 7650 until a had a stroke of bad luck.

The most fun I've ever had online was when I was racing against about eight Japanese players (me being the only European ever to appear in the group, despite line up changes) who all had 9000+ points, save one who had about 8700. It was fun beause I expected to do badly, and anything above last position satisfied me (best I came was third or fourth I think). Since nobody was left behind at any time and the matches were more or less anything goes, it was really damn fun. Unfortunately, nothing of the sort has happened since.
know-your-role Posted at: 07:44 Feb01 2009 Post ID: 2533561
know-your-role
Post Likes: 1
+
+
It keeps me out of my boredom I suppose, it is fun & crazy.

Never been first though. =(
E-bro: Jakethesnake14
Volke Posted at: 10:51 Feb01 2009 Post ID: 2533636
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Keep at it. You'll get first place at some point.

Has anyone tried online Battle? I haven't yet. I was quite annoyed when Nintendo decided to take out the superior 'last man standing' style of battling and replacing it with the not-quite-so-good team battling.
Dragonblaze Posted at: 16:37 Feb01 2009 Post ID: 2533842
Dragonblaze
+
+
On 31-Jan-2009 Volke said:Usually I use Funky Kong on the Standard L Bike these days, which is fast and has decent acceleration. I usually perform well.

Right now I have about 7300 points. Went up to about 7650 until a had a stroke of bad luck.

The most fun I've ever had online was when I was racing against about eight Japanese players (me being the only European ever to appear in the group, despite line up changes) who all had 9000+ points, save one who had about 8700. It was fun beause I expected to do badly, and anything above last position satisfied me (best I came was third or fourth I think). Since nobody was left behind at any time and the matches were more or less anything goes, it was really damn fun. Unfortunately, nothing of the sort has happened since.
I just unlocked Dry Bowser and now i either use the standard bike L or the flame runner(?), today I was in against 3 8000+'s and a 2 6000's I won and I was winning the next race and got disconnected I was so mad because it was a challenge and fun...
Back for the summer
know-your-role Posted at: 03:47 Feb02 2009 Post ID: 2534202
know-your-role
+
+
On 01-Feb-2009 Volke said:Keep at it. You'll get first place at some point.

Has anyone tried online Battle? I haven't yet. I was quite annoyed when Nintendo decided to take out the superior 'last man standing' style of battling and replacing it with the not-quite-so-good team battling.
Yes, I have tried online battle & it is not too bad actually, when the other players get you, you lose a balloon.
Volke Posted at: 06:24 Feb02 2009 Post ID: 2534251
Volke
Executioner
+
+
I know how it works, because I've played single player, but I just haven't tried it online yet.
know-your-role Posted at: 02:33 Feb03 2009 Post ID: 2534783
know-your-role
+
+
Well the comment I made before was pretty much it to be honest.
Volke Posted at: 04:53 Feb03 2009 Post ID: 2534843
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Tried it last night. Not my kind of thing. I'm far better at the racing, althoguh I wasn't too bad at Coin Runners. My racing score has never fallen lower than 5000, but my battling score couldn't exceed it.
know-your-role Posted at: 08:37 Feb03 2009 Post ID: 2534887
know-your-role
+
+
I find the battle mode much easier than the racing, I don't know why, it might be because it is pretty much easier & it's more fun.
Volke Posted at: 10:00 Feb05 2009 Post ID: 2536697
Volke
Executioner
+
+
In racing I have well over 7,000 points, with no sings of going below it, and I have never fallen below the starting 5,000 points.

In battle, I have less than 5,000 points and have never exceeded it, even if I don't play it very much. Battling is great though, if you feel like a break from the competitiveness of racing and want to relax a little and have fun.
know-your-role Posted at: 15:20 Feb06 2009 Post ID: 2537557
know-your-role
+
+
The most fun you get battle mode in my opinion is the Reds vs Blues, has anybody tried this yet?
Volke Posted at: 13:37 Feb07 2009 Post ID: 2538273
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Yes. That's what the whole thing is, isn't it? Team Battles? It is quite fun though.
know-your-role Posted at: 06:11 Feb08 2009 Post ID: 2538994
know-your-role
+
+
Yes, it is. I watched my brother play it the other day & he looked so occupied with the Battle Mode, has your team ever won at some point?
Volke Posted at: 07:11 Feb08 2009 Post ID: 2539005
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Quite a few times, yes. Although thee was only one occasion in Coin Runners where I came on top.
know-your-role Posted at: 09:30 Feb08 2009 Post ID: 2539031
know-your-role
+
+
Well keep playing the game & I'm sure you will get better & score on the other levels. Practice makes perfect.
Wiitard Posted at: 20:29 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614630
Wiitard
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The main problem with battle online is that you don't always get enough people to have a fun game. once it was just me and some other guy, ON THE SAME TEAM. We both instantly won and got 100 battle points. It was funny Evil
goal machine Posted at: 01:44 May07 2009 Post ID: 2614716
goal machine
+
+
I do like it, but when people win by speeding past you on a bullet bill at the end it really doesn't seem fair. And my current online rating is 8160.
Volke Posted at: 09:22 May07 2009 Post ID: 2614831
Volke
Executioner
+
+
^Try a Blue Shell when you're on the finish line, but the game doesn't register you as having past it and a bunch of people overtake you. Now that is unfair. They should have got rid of the item years ago, anyway.

My best rating was 7910 or something. Then my batteries on my Wii Remote ran out and caused me to lose the race. You'd think Nintendo would have the brains to add a system that warns you in advance of this, when you're not racing.

My Battle rating is about 5400. Hard to increase this by much at all, since most people in this mode have less than 5000, and no more than 6000.
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close