Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Monster Hunter Freedom 2

HR5 Rathalos

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

thegrayfox Posted at: 15:21 Mar05 2009 Post ID: 2564087
thegrayfox
Post Likes: 0
+
+
im haveing trouble killing this thing i always run out of time....ive tryed with a lance ive tryed with just about everything except light bowgun and hunting horn....anyone got some advice or weapons/armor they would recomend?

Gray Fox: Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in. the dieing words of a great ninja....
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
D_Otaku Posted at: 00:22 Mar06 2009 Post ID: 2564483
D_Otaku
+
+
Lemme see... I killed him w/ cenataur uh... S, i think
Weapon? Onslaught by far! Proper training and 15 minuites is enough.

Oh yeah, get auto tracker!
avy by Rj
sig by me

thegrayfox Posted at: 12:58 Mar06 2009 Post ID: 2564746
thegrayfox
+
+
i havent tryed killing the hr5 cenataur yet as for onslaught i just made that hammer so i gues i need to go kill some cenataur and make the armor.would hornet mail S work its got sharpness and dragon resistance? if not still need to kill the cenataur anyway.

Gray Fox: Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in. the dieing words of a great ninja....
g33k Posted at: 18:45 Mar06 2009 Post ID: 2565018
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
+
On 06-Mar-2009 thegrayfox said:i killed it used that hammer and hornet mail S. bashing its face in was fun im going to have to use that hammer more often lots of fun and powerfull thnx for the help g33k.
I don't remember helping in this topic?

O by the way no double posting. Post DELETERIZED!
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
thegrayfox Posted at: 19:54 Mar06 2009 Post ID: 2565135
thegrayfox
+
+
ops sry g33k must have goten the names mixed up or thread maybe and sry for the double post got tired of waiting for a response forums are so dead.....feels like a ghost town.

Rabidsquire Posted at: 15:23 Mar07 2009 Post ID: 2566269
Rabidsquire
+
+
I dont use S armor at all and have no problems. Then again Ive upgraded alot for my favorite set. For me I prefer full Azure Los set + onslaught. Earplugs + attack up helps. If you want the tail I recommend Spartacus blade, Carbalite blade or their upgrades (Siegmund, best GS EVER or Lacerator Blade, higher base dmg then siegmund but no affinity). With the hammer you can either take him down wih grandslams during fire balls and squeeze in triple pounds here and there or use the cheap way in area 9 i believe with the forest ledge, every time he runs at you let him stand and smash his head. Time it right and it hits every time. With a Gs that way is much more difficult and i suggest avoiding it all together. Do full charges or 2 upped charges after dashes while he gets up and turns around, unsheath + backswings on the tails during fireballs till its cut then back to the head same tactic. Theres obviously plenty of ways to do it but those are the faster ways for me. I recommend if your not used to the hammer to shoot for 250-300+ defense, my set after upgrades = 60 def per piece. Good luck. On a side note, Los and Ian both are suckers for flash bombs and pit falls. 1 pitfall leaves los open to a good 6-9 head smashes with your onslaught.
thegrayfox Posted at: 19:14 Mar07 2009 Post ID: 2566471
thegrayfox
+
+
i used plenty of traps and flash bombs but after a little bit i got used to the hammer again i could probly do it with less traps now but i just wanted to get it out of the way.

Azure Rathalos Posted at: 12:14 Mar08 2009 Post ID: 2567313
Azure Rathalos
+
+
Hello, its me!!!

You know the light bowgun you've not tried?, well get a good one and use it! its how I always fought the Rathalos.

However, when you are more acustomed to how it moves and its attacks, use a longsword, this is the easyest way to bring it down Thumbs Up
master slayer 123 Posted at: 21:54 Mar12 2009 Post ID: 2570826
master slayer 123
+
+
GUESS WHOS BACK!!!!!
Sup, for hr5 los all you need is a pro longsword.
WRONG, go for a good hammer. If you recall i used to be a longsword crazed kookeh, but i find that the hammer is overall more effective. Consecutive hits to the head stunns the los, a usefull feature.
Hammers also are just sheer power, just beat the crap out of it and you should be fine.
If you wanna go for range like azure says, be sure to NOT GET HIT. Pretty much any gunner armor will fail against the los' fire.
GOD HAS SPOKEN!!!
thegrayfox Posted at: 07:54 Mar13 2009 Post ID: 2570937
thegrayfox
+
+
only downfall i have with a hammer is aparently they bounce off khezu and poison wyvern who i cant remember how to spell....(dont feel like grabing my psp to check)so atm im trying to kill those im i think 4-5 quests from hr6 maybe less hard one is gona be the shogun ive never had good luck with those things they hate me for some reason(u would think im trying to kill them or something)hmm im geting off topic so im gona stop this post here.

Azure Rathalos Posted at: 12:04 Mar13 2009 Post ID: 2570982
Azure Rathalos
+
+
Which ever weapon you choose remember to get armour with earplugs, it makes life easyer, I take down silver raths in under 25mins with a long sword/rath soul U armour and they are even more unpredictable than the hr5 one!

I'm not good with hammers because I don't ever use them, lol, against the Ceanataur attack its legs with any weapon (powerfull weapon) to nock it over, watch your health though as it does alot of damage.

As for that Gypseros, use Velosaprey S armour to make the quest a walk in the park Thumbs Up
g33k Posted at: 15:37 Mar13 2009 Post ID: 2571121
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
+
Masterslayer123 stop saying you are God it COULD be taken as an insult.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
master slayer 123 Posted at: 23:42 Mar13 2009 Post ID: 2571795
master slayer 123
+
+
oh, srry, lol, didnt mean to offend, but to clarify i am not god, i am a hammah crazed kookeh.
And whenever i say god, i am refering to my logic because my logic is perfect in no way whatsoever but it always works, but meh, i guess ur right.

And bout hammeren, a lot of practise is required to learn the timeing and best times to strike.I suggest goin up against a (insert wyverns name here)untill you learn its "signs" and learn the timing of hammers. Take it from meh, 300 hours on 2G and flyin throo with a hammer.
Also dont forget that headshots = stuns. overall, hammers are sheer powah.
And finally, dont spend to much time dodgeing. Yea, i know it sounds weird, but if you land only 5 hits a minute you wil fail.
(P.S. Hammers own the akantor = 3)
Happeh Huntin!!Thumbs Up
D_Otaku Posted at: 00:42 Mar14 2009 Post ID: 2571809
D_Otaku
+
+
TBH, rathalos and rathian are the best guinea pigs for hammer training

using hammer against them was easier than using LS against kut-ku (well, its still a longer fight, but..)
avy by Rj
sig by me

master slayer 123 Posted at: 10:14 Mar15 2009 Post ID: 2573261
master slayer 123
+
+
Los and ian are the best training wyverns overall, whenever i get a new weapon i train on silver los and gold ian, also hoping i get a ruby.
so if you are new to hammers, just go get one and smash in some los/ian skulls.
Happeh Huntin!!Thumbs Up
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close