Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

Need For Speed:Shift

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Recent Posts Games Series Hubs
Game Filters
Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Beta X Posted at: 13:31 Oct04 2009 Post ID: 2744662
Beta X
Post Likes: 0
+
+
IGN gave it a very positive review and from the trailers it looks promising. I don't have very many racing games. I'm curious how it compares to some of the other racers out there like Grid.
Anyone going to pick up NSF Shift?

I have played the demo, its hard and very realistic. I don't want it right away, but Ill get it soon.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Murcielago Posted at: 15:59 Oct04 2009 Post ID: 2744840
Murcielago
Firing On All 12 Cylinders.
+
+
Actually from what I've read it's nowhere near as good as IGN's review would have you believe. And I hope you're not getting it on PC because it is horribly unoptimized, every second person - even with a killer setup mind you - has about 10-20fps on SHIFT even on low graphics settings.

As for the console versions, the handling still isn't as realistic as the real simulators, the vinyl system is whack (no mirror option, no resizing, etc.), and the car list is incredibly small, even for an NFS game. It's a renter game in my opinion.

Murcie is back.
Beta X Posted at: 18:35 Oct04 2009 Post ID: 2744988
Beta X
+
+
I agree with that all the way.

Vasco Posted at: 09:51 Oct05 2009 Post ID: 2745257
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
+
If I'm going to be honest, in my opinion NFS has been going downhill for years. It has been around for ages, and yet it keeps trying and trying, copying every decent game there is and failing miserably. It had more than enough time to develop it's own style, but it completely changes from title to title.

Disappointing, really. Definitely won't be buying.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Beta X Posted at: 14:23 Oct05 2009 Post ID: 2745407
Beta X
+
+
I want to go back to running away from cops and have a Great Story like Most Wanted and Carbon. You know,Illegal stuff. Undercover had some glitchs. Bad graphics. Bad car list, AND REALLY BAD story.

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 04:57 Oct06 2009 Post ID: 2745809
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Yea i agree.I rememebr that fun 2 player minigame where one was a cop and the other was a robber and the cop had to get close and capture them by staying close/busting the car and the robber had to get away.NFS has been going downhill for years like Vasco said.

Rent for me at most.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

dx_hbk Posted at: 05:42 Oct06 2009 Post ID: 2745820
dx_hbk
Skeptic
Post Likes: 6
+
+
I am playing crabon right now =D.

oh and yea Nfs is starting to suck after crabon it started to get crappy pro street,undercored sucked they need to go back to street racing and stuff.

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

Murcielago Posted at: 06:48 Oct06 2009 Post ID: 2745824
Murcielago
+
+
I think it's been going downhill since Undercover actually. Carbon was garbage, but ProStreet for me, being the sim freak, was actually quite the fun game. Undercover was a steaming turd though.

Murcie is back.
guy in oakland Posted at: 17:37 Oct09 2009 Post ID: 2747934
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
damn shame the NFS series has been going downhill.but it still has my favorite racing game of all time.NFS hot pursuit 2,awesome game

if you're looking for a racing game then I'd recommend Forza 3

PSN-intayaz

Murcielago Posted at: 18:41 Oct09 2009 Post ID: 2747966
Murcielago
+
+
Yes I've read that's really good. Gonna rent it though because if it's anything like Forza 2 I probably won't bother buying it.

Murcie is back.
sid140 Posted at: 16:57 Oct14 2009 Post ID: 2750787
sid140
+
+
Oh, whats wrong with you. Forza is an amazing racing sim. It is kinda repetative, but what racing game isn't?

In my opinion, the NFS series needs to go back to games like Most Wanted. That game was amazing.

Sig by ozzo
Avy by Phil
Contact me @ [email protected]
Xbox live gamertag: sid140
Murcielago Posted at: 21:02 Oct15 2009 Post ID: 2751337
Murcielago
+
+
Nothing's wrong with me, I just didn't like Forza 2. Is that really such a problem?

Murcie is back.
_Chief_ Posted at: 15:43 Oct16 2009 Post ID: 2751646
_Chief_
+
+
On 04-Oct-2009 Murcielago said:Actually from what I've read it's nowhere near as good as IGN's review would have you believe. And I hope you're not getting it on PC because it is horribly unoptimized, every second person - even with a killer setup mind you - has about 10-20fps on SHIFT even on low graphics settings.

As for the console versions, the handling still isn't as realistic as the real simulators, the vinyl system is whack (no mirror option, no resizing, etc.), and the car list is incredibly small, even for an NFS game. It's a renter game in my opinion.
I have Shift on PC, and i run it with everything on max no problems at all, avg 80fps..

Anyways, ive been playing NFS games for a number of years and i will say Shift is one of the best games in the series.

« Last edited by _Chief_ on Oct 16th 2009 »
Power is nothing without Quattro
davy14uk Posted at: 05:27 Oct20 2009 Post ID: 2753288
davy14uk
+
+
Its still a arcade game, they have put alot of work into the new interior view.

The online is bumpy my Disconnect rating is like 67 and it is nothing to do with my connection, but if they made the game any more relistic it would of been a copy of GT5 which I presume they did not want, Cornering is just a joke.

My personal rating "7/10"

Still a game that has not fully let me down, its still full of bumps and smashes and the odd barrel roll.

Fully custom with 20" rims and a cup holder
Chalkilicious Posted at: 05:40 Dec08 2009 Post ID: 2772475
Chalkilicious
+
+
I am a HUGE fan of racing games and having both Forza and the Need for Speed games, i can honestly say that even though Forza is godly and amazing, I have more fun on Need for Speed. Need for Speed: Undercover for me was a big dissappointment and im glad EA have produced the newer one, Need For Speed: Shift. It is the best one of the NFS series by far for me and i just love playing it. The camera angles are awesome, the graphics are excellent and there is a nice variety of cars too. However, there is not many tracks which is the only thing i can criticise about the game. Forza is good, nice variety of tracks, better graphics, and alot more choice of cars and how to modify them. All games have their good and bad points. But in my opinion, NFS Speed is brilliant, 10 out of 10 for me.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close