Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Black

Comment on shiny Pokémon

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Cross Stinger Posted at: 21:26 May02 2011 Post ID: 2998377
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
+
I just want to know if you observe the same thing I do: Since the Unova Pok�dex now records shiny Pok�mon as separate forms, do you believe that players are now more willing to trade them to others permanently, even if it's the only shiny they have?

Case in point: Last night, after putting a Maractus up on the GTS for a Cacnea, I got a Cacnea back and it turned out to be shiny. Some time earlier, I managed to trade a Tyrogue on the GTS for a shiny Registeel. A cursory search for some common Pok�mon now shows quite a few requests for Pok�mon that can be obtained a little more easily than a level 9 Reshiram in exchange for their shiny Pok�mon. To me, the fact that I traded a fresh-caught Tyrogue for a level 100 shiny Registeel and that I actually got a shiny back for a plain old Pok�mon I deposited earlier shows that people are either: a) very generous; b) don't realise that they had a shiny on their hands; c) are so good at hacking that they fooled the GTS;* or d) they place a lower value on shinies since you now simply have to record them on the Pok�dex instead of having them on hand for proof.

Discuss here.

* I did see a level 3 Medicham being offered on the GTS, albeit for a Pok�mon that couldn't be obtained legitimately.

« Last edited by Cross Stinger on May 2nd 2011 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
PurgingLight Posted at: 23:20 May02 2011 Post ID: 2998414
PurgingLight
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Perhaps you're the one that got my Registeel?

Anyway, I fit more in Category A since about 92% of the time I either:

A) Obtained it on my Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald and have since transferred them to Emerald and cloned them.

or

B) Chained the same Pokemon on Diamond/Pearl hundreds of times and have gotten many shinies because of it.

But yes, since the release of Black/White I have noticed a lowering in cost for most shinies. For example, I saw a Lv. 36 Jynx (shiny of course) being offered for any level female Mawile earlier today. It is an utter madhouse on the GTS now as a result. People getting booted and communication errors seem to be rampant, especially for Diamond and Pearl versions it seems. People seem to be too eager to get and send off their shinies.

I digress, it has forced me to lower what I want for my shinies, at least there.
By reading this, you lost the game. Oh, and want to pet my puppy? It doesn't bite.

Sorry, no DS-compatable Wifi.
MasterOfHack-Fu Posted at: 16:35 May07 2011 Post ID: 2999802
MasterOfHack-Fu
Post Likes: 1
+
+
yeah i've been on the gts lately on diamond and i go by accident on summary (while selecting the poke that person wants ) and it says communication error we will return you to the main menu . also you cant trade hacked pokemon ? also what does it mean by special ribbon ?
Team Supercheats said: balls removed, thanks for the suggestion.

... Hmmm sounds kinda weird when I read that back -

I don't know why but this made meh day xD
Glaceon Posted at: 09:07 May09 2011 Post ID: 3000210
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
+
The game will let you trade hacked Pokemon if you made sure it's secret ID was set in your name. Also, the classic ribbon given to event Pokemon prevents their trade on the GTS.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close