Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Diamond

D/P Debate: Going far?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

EspeonDude_ Posted at: 19:35 Oct21 2006 Post ID: 1101287
EspeonDude_
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Well, fans of Pokemon, old and new like both styles. I prefer the new style, with Abilites and Items, and Natures. However, with Diamond and Pearl, many things have changed.

I am a user of "Pokemon Netbattle" and we debated in a server I go in a lot on Diamond and Pearl.
The Metagame is making a major change with the change in battle style. Such as Alakazam no longer able to use the Elemental Punches. Or the "This type of move is always Physical/Special etc. Moves like Thunderpunch are now physical because of the recent change. I feel Diamond and Pearl is a great game, but I believe they have gone really far, and a bit too far. I enjoy the current Metagame, Red, Blue, and Yellow through Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. But with the recent adds, changes, deletes, and new Pokemon, I feel they went a bit far.

How do you feel on this?

[hmespeon -at- hotmail -dot- com] <~ MSN.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Power2themarshmallow Posted at: 19:40 Oct21 2006 Post ID: 1101297
Power2themarshmallow
+
+
Yes, Maybe with the freaky new evo's that look nothing like their younger forms. Some new features though, like wi-fi, a 3-D veiw, shinou underground, the cute new baby pokemon (subomi and bonsly are my favorites! ;)) and arseus, are nice. Although changing the elemental punches is just wrong. I suggest importing alakazam from a previous game. I also hate the new Physical/Special thing, too.

Is this sophisticated enough for your debate?
[center]
Pearl FC: 4467 7919 7431
PBR FC: 1590-1754-9661

^Thank you, Dark_wolf33!^
Case is still waiting- If you care about SGX, put this in your sig. Wait, get outta my sig, you! SGX is back!
The GSC remake is confirmed!
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 19:42 Oct21 2006 Post ID: 1101301
EspeonDude_
+
+
Maybe, or maybe not. I highly agree with your opinion. Although Alakazam can also no longer USE the punches, he can use Hidden Power(now special) in any form being Special, so it COULD overlap one of the elemental punches. But its still wrong with how things are changed.

Power2themarshmallow Posted at: 19:56 Oct21 2006 Post ID: 1101350
Power2themarshmallow
+
+
How could alakazam not use it?

I'm surprised they didn't add a new kadabra evo called "alakazap" or something like that.
[center]

Case is still waiting- If you care about SGX, put this in your sig. Wait, get outta my sig, you! SGX is back!
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 20:04 Oct21 2006 Post ID: 1101371
EspeonDude_
+
+
That would be weird o_O

Oh, I checked Serebii, he can still learn them Smile

Power2themarshmallow Posted at: 20:08 Oct21 2006 Post ID: 1101383
Power2themarshmallow
+
+
Great Smile
I'm glad your dreams aren't shattered like glass in a nuclear war against iran.
[center]

a blind kid Posted at: 21:47 Oct21 2006 Post ID: 1101573
a blind kid
+
+
I feel the same way; though D&P seem like great games, they seem to be ahead of their time. The physical/special addition especially. At times it will help, and at times it will hinder. I was training my Electabuzz in Emerald as soon as I heard of Elekible, and then the physical/special thing popped up.
My Electabuzz had two elemental punches.
Secondly, the evolutions are a bit strange. Jibacoil, is downright strange, Dosaidon looks like it has growths all over itself, and Buuburn is, well, self-explanatory(where did Magmar's duck-like bill go? o_0).
[center]
Signature made by me. Do not steal. Or else.
Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic.
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 08:08 Oct22 2006 Post ID: 1102404
EspeonDude_
+
+
Yes I highly agree with you abk. Nicely presented btw.

Power2themarshmallow Posted at: 14:19 Oct23 2006 Post ID: 1105079
Power2themarshmallow
+
+
I agree, but I do like buuburn.
[center]

Penguin4.0 Posted at: 18:35 Oct23 2006 Post ID: 1105728
Penguin4.0
+
+
You cannot judge the games on how the pokemon looke because that is purely based off of your opinion. I believe that the changes based off of pysical and special attacks were needed because in retrospect wouldn't you consider it odd that hyper beam was an attack in which your pokemon body would collide with your opponents pokemon because that is what a pysical attack is considered. This will also make the game even more challenging because it will be harder to attempt to tell if you will need to rely on your defence or special defence. This company also wanted to change the game because none of us would enjoy playing another pokemon game with a few new pokemon when we could play a new pokemon game with many new pokemon and an exclusive pokemon game that not only contained new pokemon but a new and enjoyable way to battle pokemon.

Join Brawl Central for the ultimate super smash brothers experience http://teams.supercheats.co...lcentral

Brawl friend code: 3179-5772-9142
a blind kid Posted at: 08:45 Oct24 2006 Post ID: 1106455
a blind kid
+
+
Very true. Some Pok'emon people like to choose simply because of taste and ability.
Also, Pok'emon can be benefitted by the recent battle changes. For example, Hitmonchan. Remember how he used to learn elemental punches that proved almost no use unless against a vulnerable type? They now apply to him perfectly in this game.
[center]
Signature made by me. Do not steal. Or else.
Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic. Fads are idiotic.
Penguin4.0 Posted at: 17:26 Oct24 2006 Post ID: 1107221
Penguin4.0
+
+
Double battling has also been changed too by instead of you or your foe being able to automaticly send out a new pokemon after one of the other pokemon would be defeated you are now not able to bring out a new pokemon until every other pokemon has completed its turn. This will make battle become longer and if one move such as earthquake was used to defeat the two foes you would be facing the next move your partner would use would not attack any foes because your opponent would not be able to bring another set of pokemon out until that pokemon's move has been completed. Also, surf will also damage your partner now during doulbe battles which I do not consider enjoyable in my opinion.

Join Brawl Central for the ultimate super smash brothers experience http://teams.supercheats.co...lcentral

Brawl friend code: 3179-5772-9142
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 14:49 Oct25 2006 Post ID: 1108512
EspeonDude_
+
+
There's some nice ups and downs. I like how some are good, but some silly things are also pretty stupid. Nicely presented by all of you btw.

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close