Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Diamond

Serebii yet again attempted to fix one of their errors

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Penguin4.0 Posted at: 16:23 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1334569
Penguin4.0
Post Likes: 0
+
+
After looking through the new generation of pokemon I noticed that serebii changed one of the ability effects for murkrow and its evolution. One of its abilities was first stated that the critical hit percentage is higher for the pokemon that attack these pokemon even though the ability actually is that it higher murkrow and its evolution's criticle hit rate. This is another point proving that serebii is making assumptions without the proper information to prove them.

Join Brawl Central for the ultimate super smash brothers experience http://teams.supercheats.co...lcentral

Brawl friend code: 3179-5772-9142
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Chaos™ Posted at: 16:31 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1334585
Chaos™
+
+
Serebii sure is making to many false statements...cuz I thought that sounded fishy when I first read all the moves.
[center]
Penguin4.0 Posted at: 16:37 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1334598
Penguin4.0
+
+
It is not a move but an ability that is found in pokemon suchas the murkrows and their evolutions that I had stated before.

Join Brawl Central for the ultimate super smash brothers experience http://teams.supercheats.co...lcentral

Chaos™ Posted at: 17:32 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1334752
Chaos™
+
+
On 02-Feb-2007 Penguin4.0 said:It is not a move but an ability that is found in pokemon suchas the murkrows and their evolutions that I had stated before.
I kno its not a move, I only thought that when I typed it as "move" I ment ability XD
[center]
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 19:50 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1335057
EspeonDude_
+
+
This is quite weird now. I wonder things now.

[hmespeon -at- hotmail -dot- com] <~ MSN.
Master Volthawk Posted at: 20:55 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1335292
Master Volthawk
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I can't trust Serebii anymore. the guy's disappointed me so much! lol
nyeem78 Posted at: 21:52 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1335375
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
Well, the guy(s) that update Serebii is usually not to busy and catches his own mistakes. Its weird there are a lot of error's but they still provide the best information on pokemon.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Chaos™ Posted at: 21:55 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1335379
Chaos™
+
+
On 02-Feb-2007 nyeem78 said:Well, the guy(s) that update Serebii is usually not to busy and catches his own mistakes. Its weird there are a lot of error's but they still provide the best information on pokemon.
since u put it that way, I do appreciate their pokedex, it helps me in so many ways...
[center]
Blazin Torchic Posted at: 22:41 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1335465
Blazin Torchic
+
+
I heard that Serebii takes information from other sources and doesn't give credit to those sources. Is this true?
Penguin4.0 Posted at: 06:07 Feb03 2007 Post ID: 1335902
Penguin4.0
+
+
It has happened before but of this situation we are not sure if they made the mistake on thei own or if they obtained this false information from another source.

Power2themarshmallow Posted at: 10:31 Feb03 2007 Post ID: 1336610
Power2themarshmallow
+
+
Serebii says in PBR, you can buy pokemon and items in the store for D/P, when the fact is, you only receive ONE pokemon that you don't buy, you get it for free for beating the game, and all you can buy is items.
[center]
Pearl FC: 4467 7919 7431
PBR FC: 1590-1754-9661

^Thank you, Dark_wolf33!^
Case is still waiting- If you care about SGX, put this in your sig. Wait, get outta my sig, you! SGX is back!
The GSC remake is confirmed!
nyeem78 Posted at: 08:39 Feb04 2007 Post ID: 1340240
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
On 03-Feb-2007 Power2themarshmallow said:Serebii says in PBR, you can buy pokemon and items in the store for D/P, when the fact is, you only receive ONE pokemon that you don't buy, you get it for free for beating the game, and all you can buy is items.
I saw where they said that but it seems to me that it is wrong about the buying of Pikachu. I did read you can buy items that are not available in D/P that can be transfered over and the only Pokemon somewhere else and you do receive a Pikachu at level 10 with a Light Ball Attached. It also knows the moves Volt Tackle, Surf, Tail Whip and Thunder Wave....but the way Serebii wrote it looks like an error or typo. I hope the guy at serebii gets his information correct and starts putting out the right information because its starting to discourage a lot of us.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Jirachi X Posted at: 00:12 Feb08 2007 Post ID: 1349965
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
On 02-Feb-2007 Penguin4.0 said:After looking through the new generation of pokemon I noticed that serebii changed one of the ability effects for murkrow and its evolution. One of its abilities was first stated that the critical hit percentage is higher for the pokemon that attack these pokemon even though the ability actually is that it higher murkrow and its evolution's criticle hit rate. This is another point proving that serebii is making assumptions without the proper information to prove them.
Man thats good, Higher critical hit rate on you is such a **** ability. Absol also had that same ability.
I'm gone - bye
demonchild1214 Posted at: 19:46 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1373941
demonchild1214
+
+
its attention is slipping and they are trying to get more views for there site,so making false statemeants is reasonable
Penguin4.0 Posted at: 20:19 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1374093
Penguin4.0
+
+
Falacies are never useful because if any web site creates a lie it might attract a group of people but if this lie was not based on a previous statement, announcing it was a lie, it will then lose attention from this group of people because when someone is attempting to locate a certain type of information they would not enjoy finding lies contained in that truth.

Fwank Posted at: 20:46 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1374232
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
no one believed serebii's translation near the start anyway; especiali the "misfortune" ability, not ignoring the fact that it's retarded to have an ability that disadvantages you in some way, looking at crow-don's moveset hinted at the fact that the ability either increased critical chances for yourself or all pokemon on the field (but if you guys checked absol's moveset, you'd know serebii screwed up)

(hence speculations as to why serebii falseli believed the ability allowed more critical hits to be made on crow-don, this made more sense than it seems, as promoting critical hits in double battles would be invaluable with the addition of the new critical hit induced abilities such as humble heart/snipe etc) but yeah, i guess he was just having bad luck when he first got crow-don and kept gettin crited...

*edit: ontopic, "pokemon information" generali comes out at the same rate from different providers, there isn't one authority of pokemon out there (if there were serebii would be closest, smogon is too inclined on battling, and the community, save select few, fail at adapting and learning new things without having veterans showing it to them the hard way) serebii genuinly believed that to be its ability, not that he lied about it, he DID get the freaking game and the info out pretty darn fast

« Last edited by Fwank on Feb 16th 2007 »
Penguin4.0 Posted at: 21:03 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1374343
Penguin4.0
+
+
In my opinion though, I believe that all information given should have a large quanity of proof given before being released especially if it is an exclusive source. Serebii might have believed that these abilities were true but if they are releasing this information to the public that not only need to belive that the information is true but they also need to have proof showing that their beliefs are actualy true or they should never be released on their website.

Fwank Posted at: 21:17 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1374419
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
it didn't really matter: it was just a race against other source providers to get the info up asap and as accurate as possible in an effort to not lose hits while the D/P feaver is on; he had the game, he translated it, that was good enuf for him and most anybody as long as they weren't native jap speakers who read his site for info, but u'd use the jap sites if that were tru

and u aint supposed to believe everything anyway, it's meerly an interpritation of his gaming experience: he at no point made a claim that his site has the facts, this isn't some official site (this is why official sites rareli gives u critical info, since they can be held responsible for providing false info, which rareli happens, but if you're enough of an @ss to pin them down, u may)

besides, everybody knows the P/D pokedex is stil under construction (as he himself have mentioned countless times) it's rather ignorant to nitpick at something he falseli translated (and does you no harm since u dun play the game yet) than stuff he left out/added in falseli, but there's no other source to compare to, so this makes anyone who tries to discredit him seem rather lacking in terms of credibility themselves; who're they to say he made a mistake, u onli knew coz he corrected it, which is fair game
demonchild1214 Posted at: 23:08 Feb16 2007 Post ID: 1374793
demonchild1214
+
+
I think were taking it to seriously,i mean,think about this."Nothing is perfect" and you can't take that matter,reporting more sinister statemeants like this is getting old.If you had enough of this then email them
nyeem78 Posted at: 11:52 Feb17 2007 Post ID: 1375899
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
Well bottom line is Serebii usually catches their mistake or some of us e-mail them so they can correct what was put out.

I still think they provide the best insight and pokedex for the Pokemon Games.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close