Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon FireRed

Rate my team?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
atique Posted at: 05:59 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61097
atique
Forum GuestBanned
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Here's my team
Raquaza lv 100
outrage
fire blast
fly
hyper beam

Kyogre lv 100
Ice beam
Sheer Cold
Hydro pump
Water Spout

Raichu lv 83
thunderbolt
thunder
Shock wave
Mega munch

Salamence lv 100
earthquake
dragon claw
crunch
fly

Blazieken lv 100
flamethrower
fire blast
overheat
sky uppercut

Groudon lv 89
Solarbeam
Eruption
overheat
fissure
no one can beat me!!! oh crap he just beat me!!!!!!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
atique Posted at: 06:04 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61099
atique
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
please reply fast
atique Posted at: 06:05 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61101
atique
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
please reply fast
Fwank Posted at: 08:50 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61132
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
On 27-Jan-2005 atique said:Here's my team
Raquaza lv 100
outrage
fire blast
fly
hyper beam

Kyogre lv 100
Ice beam
Sheer Cold
Hydro pump
Water Spout

Raichu lv 83
thunderbolt
thunder
Shock wave
Mega munch

Salamence lv 100
earthquake
dragon claw
crunch
fly

Blazieken lv 100
flamethrower
fire blast
overheat
sky uppercut

Groudon lv 89
Solarbeam
Eruption
overheat
fissure
here's what i'm going to do: i'm actuali going to explain to you inch by inch the reason i'm going to give this team a very very very low rating (for you that is, it's just another below average team on these forums though...) to show you that i haven't 'lost my mind' or wat ever you call it...

here's your team:

- rayquaza: outrage makes ray in a dead lock for a possible 2 to 3 turns; in that time your opponent can switch out and bring a ray killer in; possibly an icer. Other than that obvious fact, outrage confuses after its finished... no need to explain how much of a pain that is. fire blast's damage isn't exactli impressive considering its low accuracy and low PP, flame thrower is better than fire blast by miles unless you're using it to KO opponents (same story for outrage, but this moveset has nothing to chip your opponents lifepoints but unreliable KO moves) hyper beam has the same story, you lose a turn FOR SURE, and the damage doesn't exactli make it worth it... Fly is your best move here, STAB and one turn damage avoidance makes it very valuable

- Kyogre: i'll explain something here - each pokemon learns moves for a reason, in this case, Kyogre learns Calm Mind because it makes kyogre utterly invincible; calm mind is a priority for kyogre as kyogre has massive SP stats already. You HAVE water spout, whats the point of giving it a lousier version of it? its a waste of your move slot... and NEVER teach a pokemon OHKO moves like sheer cold/horn drill/fissure etc etc, they're not a certainty, and they're not calculated, you've a better chance at wiping your opponents whole team out with simply kyogre's calm mind/waterspout/thunder/icebeam (thunder becoz it never misses in the rain)

- Raichu: believe it or not kyogre does more damage with thunder than raichu does, simply becoz kyogre's so darn strong... you already have thunder bolt, having thunder is pretty useless if you're going to let it hit with that stupid accuracy... any pokemon thats going to use thunder wants a rain dance to ensure it never misses. shockwave is only useful if your opponents are gona be dodgy, otherwise thunder wave is better to immobolize your opponents and let you land free hits...

- Salamence: not too bad i guess... but if crunch was replaced by another attack it'd be appreciated; you need something to help you against icers... dragon dance is a very effective and worthy alternative

- blaziken: same issue... you have flame thrower but you wasted a slot teaching fire blast... i say waste because if a pokemon is weak to fire attacks, flamethrower is more than enough to get rid of it; if flame thrower aint gona do, there is no way in hell that fire blast would be much different either... NEW ISSUE: NEVER TEACH OVERHEAT TO ANYTHING, it's a stupid move that renders your pokemon useless for the rest of your battle, have you actuali used it in battles? if you have then you must've noticed how much of a ***** blaziken became after using it... your fault for not reading it's descriptions...

- Groudon: i see overheat, i see noob written all over groudon... solarbeam and eruption are useful because of it's abilities (and to kill of water types) FISSURE is stupid, you should get your old earthquake because A. STAB, B. alot of damage and decent PP and fkn unfair accuracy, and C. anything's better than fissure, but you'd rather a GOOD move than something stupid like cut

i hope these explanations actuali helped you understand how to play pokemon, please do your homework before you think others have lost their minds, you're lucky you're even reading this coz i'm bored again and i have lots~ and lots~ of time on my hands~ not much business these days at night since the incident -_-" n e wai, to rate this team i would give it a 3/10... you realised ofcuz that the pokemon you've used in your team are all awfully powerful, but the movesets you've given them either diminish their powers and advantages over other pokemon, or expose their weaknesses (groudon for example has no physical attacks, all sp based, while groudon's sp stats are lousy like a wobbuffet) ... its too hard to understand what i mean unless you've battled a real opponent (that actuali knows how to play) and lost terribly against them to know what i'm on about... hope you like your rating, coz it aint going any higher until you change the moves around mate

Frank
Dark_Espeon_1220 Posted at: 11:02 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61218
Dark_Espeon_1220
Forum GuestMember
+
+
what about mine

Groudon Lv:100
Solarbeam
Earthquake
Eruption
Shock Wave
In Soviet Russia-car drives you!! Mod of the LG forums! Yoh, Sora, And Ed are MINE!!!!!
Join team SZ, and D$ today!!!!! Join here http://s10.invisionfree.com/Espeons_Cloud
JOIN TEAM STATE ALCHEMISTS!! My b-day is on the 11th of this month!!!!

TEAM KA LEADER Posted at: 13:10 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61289
TEAM KA LEADER
Forum GuestMember
+
+
one thing about that groudon shock wave - thunder/thundderbolt
[b][color=red]ALL NEED FOR SPEED CARBON LOVERS, MUST CHECK OUT MY SITE!
www.nfscarboncontenders.t83.net Forums coming soon! If your interested in helping with the forums, e-mail me, or talk to me... or something...
master_gamer_62 Posted at: 16:03 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61464
master_gamer_62
Forum GuestMember
+
+
thunder will never hit because of its effect and so it is down to shock wave or thunder bolt
one of the leaders of Team K.A ----join team K.A-------
Jirachi X Posted at: 16:05 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61470
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
My Groudon Has

Solarbeam
Earthquake
Eruption
Bulk Up
I'm gone - bye
retroguy Posted at: 16:22 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61490
retroguy
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
This Chansey would be amazinG!!!!!!!!!!!!!XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDDXD

Toxic(Good stall and kill tactics)
Minimize(Stalling)
Softboiled (Stalling)
Seismic Toss(A LIFE SAVER, MY CHANSEYS ATTCK IS LIKE 5 AT LEVEL 60)

IT is great to

1. Take away opponents PP
2. Kill Them
3. Heal your other pokemon
4. Revive other pokemon
5. Just make the battle go longer

I wonder if Lucky Punch will help Blissey (Not Chansey)

Oh wait... Non of my attacks can have critical hits :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I think there are actually more reasons it can help but I forget some

Blisseys HP is like going to be 800 SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileXDXDXDXDXDD
Im back

If you wanna talk to me, i dont really use MSN anymore.
bleepman Posted at: 17:30 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61541
bleepman
Forum GuestMember
+
+
one thing rertroguy: go far thunderwave instead of toxic, if you come across a fast phsycial sweeper, and they dont OHKO you, you can softboiled on your second turn faster than they can attack. and it also stops them from moving sometimes.

JX your groudon is good, just don't give it eruption, give it ALL physical attacks. NO SPECIAL.

Kyogre should have all special attacks.
http://www.forumsvibe.com - Start Your Own Free Forum There!
Blue God Posted at: 20:53 Jan27 2005 Post ID: 61592
Blue God
Forum GuestMember
+
+
by the way my groudon has
Eruption
Solar Beam
Earthquake
Thunder Bolt
[color=blue][size=13]Trunks OWNZ ALL!

Fwank Posted at: 09:35 Jan28 2005 Post ID: 61653
Fwank
+
+
back to groudons...

DE: yah, having a shockwave/thunderbolt can knock out those flying types that earthquake has no effect on, this moveset is so far the best i've seen... (refering to the sunny beam/quake/eruption) the 4th is optional, you can have slash/bulkup/aerielace/bolt/wave, n e thing... the main issue can be dealt with the other 3 moves... the 4th is not that important (i can't even remember my 4th move now.. either slash or bulk up...) oh erm i was meant to just say "this is a very sweet moveset" XD

TEAM KA LEADER: nah sometime birds can be dodgy... i've had birds taking advantage of groudon's average speed to dodge its attacks... shockwave guarantees a hit, also a chance to stop em in their tracks... and thuner... wait... GM already pointed that out =D

jirachiX: yeah yeah it's a nice groudon, i think what bleep is trying to say is, rather than having special attacks which recieve no bonus from bulking up, you should get physical attacks so that you may sweep... but honestly it depends on each person, personali i prefer the moveset everyone else uses becoz thats what groudon's are meant to learn: eruption's massive damage can KO fire vulnerable opponents, and solarbeam is there to kill water types... they're there for a purpose lah, your moveset is good dw...

bleepman: dude -_-" groudon's SP.ATK is quite high... despite that not being it's strength it's actuali sufficient to diminish others already @_@ aeriel ace/rock slides do less damage than an eruption (150 X 1.5 remember...) unless you bulk groudon up... but if you're silly enough to sit by and let a groudon bulk up ... wait wat am i on about, thats exactli what these ppl do...

bluegod: yeah yeah this moveset, does a lil more damage than DE's... but yeah, both are awsome, i just remembered my 4th move is slash XD mucking around with that critical hit ratio XD

Frank
Fwank Posted at: 09:45 Jan28 2005 Post ID: 61659
Fwank
+
+
On 27-Jan-2005 retroguy said:This Chansey would be amazinG!!!!!!!!!!!!!XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDDXD

Toxic(Good stall and kill tactics)
Minimize(Stalling)
Softboiled (Stalling)
Seismic Toss(A LIFE SAVER, MY CHANSEYS ATTCK IS LIKE 5 AT LEVEL 60)

IT is great to

1. Take away opponents PP
2. Kill Them
3. Heal your other pokemon
4. Revive other pokemon
5. Just make the battle go longer

I wonder if Lucky Punch will help Blissey (Not Chansey)

Oh wait... Non of my attacks can have critical hits :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I think there are actually more reasons it can help but I forget some

Blisseys HP is like going to be 800 SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileXDXDXDXDXDD
almost forgot about your post...

yeah almost all blissies do this since they have serene grace, so they'll never miss their toxic (VERY nice...) and even if you get hit you stil got like more than half health left guaranteed... and next round you just boil em back up again ^^" seismic toss can be good or bad... but i tend to have attract/water pulse/sub/defense curl to REALLY stall time... i use water pulse more often ever since i discovered theres this move called taunt, which stops you from using any move other than attacks... so waterpulse often fits in well ^^"

haha if you had water pulse, lucky punch could work... but a bit pointless, you'd rather get a berry or even left overs, since 1/16 HP of blissey is ALOT XD

Fwank
Blue God Posted at: 23:11 Jan28 2005 Post ID: 61954
Blue God
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i agrre with frank on the groudons
[color=blue][size=13]Trunks OWNZ ALL!

Dark_Espeon_1220 Posted at: 11:16 Jan29 2005 Post ID: 62032
Dark_Espeon_1220
Forum GuestMember
+
+
yup
yeah i'll just go buy a thunderbolt from the game corner or sumthin
In Soviet Russia-car drives you!! Mod of the LG forums! Yoh, Sora, And Ed are MINE!!!!!
Join team SZ, and D$ today!!!!! Join here http://s10.invisionfree.com/Espeons_Cloud

atique Posted at: 11:19 Jan29 2005 Post ID: 62034
atique
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Hey Fwank
Just so you know, I deleted my Groudon's overheat for earthquake.
Dark_Espeon_1220 Posted at: 11:23 Jan29 2005 Post ID: 62036
Dark_Espeon_1220
Forum GuestMember
+
+
mmmm
not bad Smile

Dark_Espeon_1220 Posted at: 11:24 Jan29 2005 Post ID: 62038
Dark_Espeon_1220
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i don't think fwank has ever given a team even a 9/10

retroguy Posted at: 12:50 Jan29 2005 Post ID: 62082
retroguy
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Frank: Wait, are Toxic and those kinda moves attack moves...Doesnt water pulse do like 60 damage?

Bleep: I tend to agree with Frank, my Blissey has Serene Grace....
Does Thunderwave lower speed???? What order are you saying I should use my moves with a sweeper?

Me: This stinks I just realized that Razor Leaf is not like Leaf Blade which does more damage with a crical hit highness :(

Me: Does venesaur learn Leaf Blade?
Im back

If you wanna talk to me, i dont really use MSN anymore.
Jirachi X Posted at: 18:17 Jan29 2005 Post ID: 62150
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
I Have Taught My
Groudon
FlameThrower
AerialAce
EarthQuake
SolarBeam
I'm gone - bye
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close