Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Platinum

Platinum game in depth

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Team SuperCheats Posted at: 03:06 Nov15 2008 Post ID: 2478447
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
+
It looks English to me... Although I don't know how it is possible.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
.Impact Posted at: 07:28 Nov15 2008 Post ID: 2478539
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I'd love to know how they did that. Please?

coachcline Posted at: 13:14 Nov15 2008 Post ID: 2478772
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
I think they've hacked it cause if you notice only one of the pics are actually of the DS and game too, the others are just screens and could be on a computer or the DS could have an AR or some other device in it. Or ROM hacks and such. But I don't believe that's a real English game...

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
banana746 Posted at: 12:25 Nov16 2008 Post ID: 2479444
banana746
Post Likes: 0
+
+
lol.. It's not a hack - I took the pics close up so that i could get better quality images.
And it isn't on a computer, if it was you wouldn't be able to see any pixels. There is also the DS boarder around the screen, if it were a monitor it would all be bright, even with no actual colours showing.

-> I'll retake some if you like? And sorry about the size of them, I forgot to resize them all ^^

« Last edited by banana746 on Nov 16th 2008 »
Wins: 32 Losses: 6

[center]
[color=red]Name: Wesley
Diamond FC: AWAITING NEW WiFi
Platinum FC: AWAITING NEW WiFi

I'm what Willis was talking about
coachcline Posted at: 16:29 Nov16 2008 Post ID: 2479814
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
I don't deny you have the game but you must've hacked it r somethin' cause there's no way that's a English version since it isn't even out yet.

.Impact Posted at: 06:00 Nov17 2008 Post ID: 2480196
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
+
+
On 16-Nov-2008 banana746 said:lol.. It's not a hack - I took the pics close up so that i could get better quality images.
And it isn't on a computer, if it was you wouldn't be able to see any pixels. There is also the DS boarder around the screen, if it were a monitor it would all be bright, even with no actual colours showing.

-> I'll retake some if you like? And sorry about the size of them, I forgot to resize them all ^^
Just tell us how you got the english version. I seriously don't know how you got that....

pity Posted at: 11:30 Nov17 2008 Post ID: 2480499
pity
+
+
O.O man, how did you get the english version?
[center]
Signature and avatar images by me.

pity Posted at: 12:37 Nov17 2008 Post ID: 2480523
pity
+
+
... ummm, yeah JTEK. banana746, could you tell us, from where you got the Eng. version?
[center]
Signature and avatar images by me.

banana746 Posted at: 13:38 Nov17 2008 Post ID: 2480546
banana746
+
+
On 17-Nov-2008 JTEK said:Cos were brilliant
Lol @ Jtek...

"I don't deny you have the game but you must've hacked it r somethin' cause there's no way that's a English version since it isn't even out yet."
How do you hack a DS game? Eh I'm serious here, i'd like to know :D

I got the Jap version sent to me (From Japan, obviously..) Along with a DS, and the game plays in english even though it's a Japanese game..

« Last edited by banana746 on Nov 17th 2008 »

[center]

coachcline Posted at: 17:48 Nov17 2008 Post ID: 2480831
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
DS games don't do that, they can all be played on DS's from other regions (countries) but the language stays the same because it's in the actual programming. Just tell us what you did to the game, hack or whatever but just tell us cause we all know good and well the English version won't be out for a while. And don't try and say the Japanese game plays in English cause it doesn't we know for a fact since another member who has it can't even read the game cause suprise, suprise, it's Japanese. And also to block another O you could try to put on this little tic tac toe game we've had goin' for a few days now, if there was a language selector built in the game (where you could choose what language it's in) it would've already be reported well before now. And JTEK, stop with the crap, you're dad didn't invent Pokemon, and stop makin' up excuses like 'cause we're brilliant' cause that makes it even more apparent that you aren't tellin' tha truth. Now, if you'd like to say how you've done this, however you may have done it, hack or otherwise you may do it now cause I'm seriously considerin' closing this. Same goes for you banana746...

banana746 Posted at: 18:37 Nov17 2008 Post ID: 2480906
banana746
+
+
To be totally honest to you all, That IS the truth!

I know what you said is true about the languages and regions, etc.. But that IS how I got it. I got two DS Lites both with Platinum sent to me from a friend in Japan because I don't know japanese and couldn't be bothered trying to translate a website so that I could order Platinum and get it shipped over to me. After all, what is the point when you have a friend in Japan on MSN?

He told me that I will really like this version of the game and that I should be happy with it. I didn't know what he meant until I got it and now I am extremely greatful to him. I haven't seen him in a while to thank him, but expectant to see him soon. I dont know what he/whoever he got them from has done, but I hope to find out. Right now, you all know about as much as me on the topic.
The DS consoles are normal, It is the games that seem to be tweaked/hacked whatever.
My origional intensions with Platinum were to play it and try get through it even though it was Japanese, I wasn't bothered if I got stuck as i'd figure Google would probably help. If you don't believe me, i'm not entirely bothered as I know that is the truth.

And I have to agree with you that this topic needs closing... JTEK - Get it closed, man! You can see no one else has it and this is dragging on so just ask the mods to close it. Thanks..

I have said all that needs to be said.

Oh, and as for the others I and JTEK know thay have Platinum, I am pretty sure that they have hacked/whatever versions of the game.

EDIT: Coachcline, what is that avatar of yours? I've seen it everywhere since I saw it as you avatar! Is it some kind of game character maybe 0.o?

[center]

coachcline Posted at: 19:26 Nov17 2008 Post ID: 2480998
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
I see, well this person you got it off of obviously hacked it or messed with it. That's all you had to say in the first place and we wouldn't have had to go around and around like this. But yeah, your friend most likely has messed with the game somehow to make it this way. As for you JTEK, you could've said this a long time ago instead of useless posts like 'cos were brilliant' and 'my dad invented pokemon', now if you don't intend to do what the topic was made for (coverage of Pokemon Platinum) then this will be closed. JTEK, I honestly don't see why you had to act like that, you could've just said what banana said as I assume you knew about this as well.

For everyone else, here's the short version. Banana had the game imported from someone he knows in Japan, this person has obviously hacked the game to display in English, but we don't know the details about it yet.

Btw, this friend of yours sounds kinda shady lol...

I don't really know what my avy is banana, it's some random gif avatar I guess, like that green lama thang. The only pics of this I've ever seen were this one, CurryMonster's avy, and a pic on Google of two of these thangs chasing a cat. lol

« Last edited by coachcline on Nov 17th 2008 »

banana746 Posted at: 20:35 Nov17 2008 Post ID: 2481138
banana746
+
+
Btw, this friend of yours sounds kinda shady lol...

Lol, yup I know what you mean! They were my first thoughts too ^^
Yasu is a good guy though Thumbs Up

For the record that green llama thing is still going round in some schools/colleges Doh
Also, is there anyay that I can contact Rich? (Admin)
I have a question that only he will be able to answer.

[center]

.Impact Posted at: 05:18 Nov18 2008 Post ID: 2481285
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
+
+
JTEK, spam posts deleted.

JTEK Posted at: 10:58 Nov18 2008 Post ID: 2481361
JTEK
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i tell you how we got it... well my dad DID invent pokemon and along with that he gets the games a year or so before they come out
[center]
[b]IF IN DOUBT....
....GIGA IMPACT!!!!![/[/b]center]
banana746 Posted at: 11:54 Nov18 2008 Post ID: 2481367
banana746
+
+
Brick Wall Close the damn thread man...

[center]

coachcline Posted at: 13:52 Nov18 2008 Post ID: 2481452
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
Ok JTEK, I'm layin' tha foot down. That's utter bullsh*t. And now because of that this thread is closed. Closed...

Btw, games aren't even completed a year before they come out, some games might not even be in a playable state by that time...

Also, banana, use the Contacts link at the top of the screen and e-mail Rich.

Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 447680

Post Top
Click to close