Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Platinum

Emerald~~Platinum

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

coachcline Posted at: 17:30 Mar02 2009 Post ID: 2561707
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Well, as we all know Platinum is a third version like Emerald was, and Platinum promises to be much better than D/P and have many more new features than Emerald. But will Platinum be better than Emerald in a sense of how many new features are added relative to its previous versions. Cause D/P added a lot to the older games and R/S had a lot less. What I mean is, will Platinum be better than Emerald based on new features added if you take into account the features added to D/P since Gen 3? And also, what parts of Emerald did you hate?

To me, Platinum will be better than Emerald in the innovation arena since Emerald did little to innovate the third gen. But with all the innovations from Emerald to D/P I'm not sure if people won't look at Platinum as that extra with some new stuff instead of the 'expansion pack', if you will. I think Platinum will do a lot better than Emerald did. The thing I hated about Emerald was it seemed (this might just be me) to take a very long time for the Pokemon to do their animations at the start of the game, it was a distraction, while D/P fixed this by makin' it more swift and more natural, in Emerald it just felt added on. This, along with some other details is what made Emerald feel less than extraordinary and why I stuck to my old Ruby version. I only hope Platinum doesn't have any kind of flaws like this...

So what do you think, will Platinum outdo Emerald in the innovation field compared to their predecessors and will Platinum have any outstandin' flaws?

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 23:24 Mar02 2009 Post ID: 2561992
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
YEs to the first one

With D/P coming out you could finally run in buildings because it was better when u needed to get somewhere fast.

I doubt Platinum will have many flaws but i think the underground system needs fossils to appear more. Since i spent like one hour looking for fossils and didnt find any. It also should mark where the traders are.

In Emerald i felt like it was doing R/S over again and then just playing the battle frontier. i only used it if I needed my pokes at lvl 100 since i used the rare candys.( i wasnt a competitve battler).I also realised that The Battle Frontier wasnt as good anyway. Plus everyone made up that rumour of finding Jirachi on the moon. I hope no rumours like htat are told on platinum.Also when you started a battle you had to wait for the pokemon to do watever you do and it was annoying cause some pokemon take a long time.

So thats wat i say.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

PhilXZ Posted at: 14:27 Mar03 2009 Post ID: 2562312
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Well, Emerald wasn't the first most original, Crystal was. I do believe that Platinum will overcome Emerald in features, but in style and game play I believe not. Emerald had a more structured and well-planned out storyline. In Platinum, it's more set in different pieces like a separate puzzles. The story line as I see it, on Platinum, doesn't seem to be as connected as Emerald's was. Sure there's going be the Wi-Fi Underground, Wi-Fi Plaza, the new Battle Frontier, and the new forms. But will it tie in with the game correctly. Emerald had that charm were the Battle Frontier was part of the story, it didn't have an intense impact once you completed it but it was still part of the main storyline. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Yet I doubt Platinum will surpass the ingenuity of Pokemon Crystal and it's storyline nad structure.
coachcline Posted at: 17:47 Mar03 2009 Post ID: 2562579
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I disagree about Emerald, Phil. It was decent, but it felt clunky in a lot of ways mentioned before, the Battle Frontier and the story was about all that was new that was notable. The story was well planned I'll agree, it kinda brought together both of the R/S storylines. But the way I see it, teh third version storylines are kind of like 'what if' questions. You see, Emerald was 'What if both Groudon and Kyogre were awakened?' and since Cyrus didn't exactly know about both legendaries in D/P, Platinum's would be 'What if Cyrus knew about and awakened both Dialga and Palkia to create his new world?' I think Platinum is and inprovement on the original D/P story and sorta fixes a few tid bits from D/P, like why didn't Cyrus notice the other legendary in all the places it appeared, fer cryin' out loud the other was painted on the side of a cliff in Celestic Town! And the Regigigas thing, he was level 70 in D/P, but his story says he had been asleep a long time, so now that he's level 1 it makes more sense. And the Battle Frontier in Emerald was well put together, I agree, but it could be brutal, in the pyramid one I've heard of people encounterin' shinies but they couldn't catch 'em.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 03:06 Mar04 2009 Post ID: 2563009
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
I agree Coach

plus in in Platinum Buck doesnt find heatran some Galatic Scientist does. YOu beat him to vs heatran to capture him. Yes the battle frontier in emerald wasnt that great. if you remember in the pike you could use hints and cheat ur way to the top. In Platinum's you cant cheat in any of hte games

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close