Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Platinum

A Question of Epic Brilliance

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

tegan41 Posted at: 12:23 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577128
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Is this game going to be really different, or is it going to be the same except for added content which you won't be able to obtain unless you go to events or have an action replay? Because if that is the case, I don't think I will get it. But if it is going to be awesome, then I need to know.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Mummification Posted at: 12:52 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577146
Mummification
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Have you not looked at any of the websites with information for this game? 3 gyms have been upgraded, an added Battle Zone, both Dialga and Palkia are catchable, Giratina Origin form is obtainable, 2 new characters have been added, new character outfits, snow all over the place, an expanded Sinnoh Dex that includes all new Pok�mon and their previous forms. Plus there is Shaymin Sky Form, but you would have had to get the event Shaymin to get it.

« Last edited by Mummification on Mar 20th 2009 »
tegan41 Posted at: 12:58 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577148
tegan41
Matt
+
+
So your saying it will be pretty much the same. Thanks.
Mummification Posted at: 13:36 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577158
Mummification
+
+
Ok, how do all of the differences I listed make it the same as Diamond and Pearl?
tegan41 Posted at: 14:08 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577201
tegan41
Matt
+
+
It sounds to me like minor adjustments. Minor adjustments to gyms, 2 new characters, both palkia and dialga, giratina origin form, and new outfits, sounds like most of the game is going to be the same. I was hoping the whole game was different, but it doesn't look that way. I'm still going to get it, but I can't guarantee I'll like it.
Mummification Posted at: 16:36 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577400
Mummification
+
+
If you want a completely different game you need to wait to see if they come out with a new region. They don't completely change everything when making the third game in the series.
coachcline Posted at: 17:59 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577523
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Mummification also neglected to mention the Distortion World, and area you can go to at the story's climax that allows you to walk on walls and surf upside down and stuff. There's also Rotom's 5 new forms and the Wi-Fi Plaza, and all kinds of stuff. It's gonna be familiar enough to be comfortable, yet different enough to feel fresh.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Mummification Posted at: 19:30 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577644
Mummification
+
+
Even if I had mentioned those, since you can only go to Distortion World twice, he probably wouldn't think it is a major change. Since he didnt think the expansion of the pok�dex and all the other stuff is too small a change to matter.
TestVirus101 Posted at: 19:33 Mar20 2009 Post ID: 2577649
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
+
Even the changes from one gen to another are only relatively minor upgrades in the big scheme of things.

If you want innovation from installment to installment, you shouldn't really be buying Pokemon in the first place =/
tegan41 Posted at: 21:53 Mar21 2009 Post ID: 2578703
tegan41
Matt
+
+
Mummification, those are the changes I saw mentioned on the commercial, and I didn't know if those were events that could only be attempted with Action Replay. The walking on walls and surfing upside down, were what I was looking for. If you mentioned those, I would have considered them bigger changes. Well thanks everyone, I plan on getting it.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close