Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Sapphire

EMULATORS: GOOD OR BAD?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Grimreaper88 Posted at: 08:59 Jul15 2005 Post ID: 262518
Grimreaper88
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hey its about time we discuss about playing sapphire on emulators. I've tried it out and
the best emulator is Visual Boy Advance. One good thing is that it has a built-in gameshark
and so u can use the codes and even if your game screws up u can always quickload it from
where u last quick saved it.
Another good thing about the quick save thing is that u can save during battles and that is helpful
especially if youve fainted a groudon or a kyogreor a latios,etc and u can just 'reload their lives
back' if uve killed them.
I suppose this easiness of catching pokemon probably spoils the challenge of a tough game
but at least u dont lose important pokemon by mistake and this is so much helpful.
Plus there are so many features that Visual boy Advance emulator provides.
So what are your views...?
Fwank Posted at: 11:54 Jul15 2005 Post ID: 262690
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
good: as above

bad: if you don't actuali own a legal copy of the game... obviousli... emulation is illegal...

but yes~ it's awsome... probabli best known for being able to speed up the game speed... that comes in real handy (for example... when rayquaza wakes up in emerald...)

it also has the cheat devices built in; both GA and AR... so no need to go n buy them (no idea about the legal issues here... but i doubt we need to legali own a shark to emulate one...)

it has various display engines... eagle... 2xsai... super eagle... super 2xsai... the rendering and colors looks better... no 'pixel' looks... greyscale to look realistic... all sortsa stuff

you can even edit the sound channels but dats not much use =S...

... worst (better put, non exsistent) feature of VBA is that you can't link play... meaning any poke you want thats not on that game version you'd have to hack for (but with in-built GS AR it's really simple...)

i used to play no$ since my normal GB emu was a no$gmb ... no$AV can link play (so u can trade pokemon) but has one huge *** flaw; can't speed up game time... stuff dat
Grimreaper88 Posted at: 14:01 Jul15 2005 Post ID: 262993
Grimreaper88
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hey thanks and a big thumbs up to your insight on the emulator and its advantages.
Anyways something to make u happy.
I my self play usin the emu and you know what its not illegal!!!
Tell you how?
Well, open your Start menu and go to programs- accessories and select calculator.
What u see is a calculator lets callit a soft calc.
You see u dont have the 'hard' calculator but what does this do? It emulates a real hard calculator so shouldnt it be forbidden Because its an EMULATOR. this one reason that i read from a fan of emulators and this reely makes sense and it makes no sense to say that emus are illegalalthough I too was once in doubt about it being prohibited or not.
To tell you the truth I really enjoy using the emu for Sapphire especially the quick save and load feature, its awesome and not forgetting the built-in gameshark feature.
Anyways have fun emulating GBA.
Fwank Posted at: 01:43 Jul16 2005 Post ID: 264482
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
man we're gona have to ban you for thinking that...

... if you've read my post any more carefully than you've actually read that thing about emu's not being illegal, you'd've noticed that i never said emu's being illega; i said the ROMS themselves are

truth be told i play on emulators myself; being a proud owner and supporter of all the pokemon games... i actually own the games... but then why do i stil play on VBA?? simple: i left my GBA and games at home with my bro -_-" and i cbf tramming back home to get them just to play games...

you should go out and buy a copy of the actual game... i mean you're dumb enough to post online in public that you're playing with emulators without legal ownership to a copy of it -_-" ... ... ... i suggest you at least agree with me so that you don't **** crossy off (he's real beechy bout emulatin... i am too but i stil do it...)
Cross Stinger Posted at: 10:43 Jul17 2005 Post ID: 266599
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
+
Of course I am.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 83219

Post Top