Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Soul Silver

Different Pokémon in Early Routes

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Ryuujin Posted at: 12:59 Jan30 2010 Post ID: 2795224
Ryuujin
Post Likes: 0
+
+
What I mean in the topic title is, if you could take Pok�mon from other parts of the region and put them in the first few routes within reason, which ones would they be?

First of all, Skarmory in Route 29. In the middle-north part of the route, you have the option to go to a dead-end: Route 46. Up a little more and to the right is Route 45, where wild Skarmory can be found.

I'm thinking they could fly over to Route 29 and appear at low levels, as if they were baby Skarmories moving around the vicinity to practice flight. It would be interesting. Impractical, but interesting.

« Last edited by Ryuujin on Feb 15th 2010 »
~ My Theme ~
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 04:36 Feb15 2010 Post ID: 2802958
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
I like this idea ryuu.maybe Nintendo will use it in 5th gen.

o_0 why do you have a ho-oh following you by the way?and dont say you have heartgold cause this is soulsilver

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Volke Posted at: 05:38 Feb15 2010 Post ID: 2802969
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
I think Skarmory is a tad too powerful to be found right at the beginning of the game.

It would be nice if you could obtain Mareep before you face Falkner, though. Not that he's hard to beat or anything, but you have to admit that it is fun to KO pokemon with super effective moves. Also, because that douchebag won't let you go down into the area where you can catch Mareep and Wooper until you beat Falker, which results in my Cyndaquil having evolved already due to KOing every trainer's pokemon up to that point, and trouble catching Mareep and Wooper because they appear at level 4 and such and one Tackle (even an Ember on Wooper) will OHKO them, meaning I have to catch something like a Zubat to wear them down.

Wow, that turned into a bit of a rant, heh.
Ryuujin Posted at: 10:15 Feb15 2010 Post ID: 2803067
Ryuujin
+
+
I lol'd, haha. I like what you're saying. I can see Mareeps being in one of the first routes!

It'd be nice if wild Vulpixes or Growlithes would appear before the Bellsprout Tower. Back in the originals, you wouldn't have trouble beating the monks even if you didn't choose Cyndaquil because the Pidgey in that game (the ones in Johto!) knew Gust right away. But they replaced Gust with Tackle this time, so unless you train your starter a lot, you're gonna take a looong time getting through the tower.
~ My Theme ~
Volke Posted at: 10:57 Feb15 2010 Post ID: 2803116
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Ryuujin said:I lol'd, haha. I like what you're saying. I can see Mareeps being in one of the first routes!

It'd be nice if wild Vulpixes or Growlithes would appear before the Bellsprout Tower. Back in the originals, you wouldn't have trouble beating the monks even if you didn't choose Cyndaquil because the Pidgey in that game (the ones in Johto!) knew Gust right away. But they replaced Gust with Tackle this time, so unless you train your starter a lot, you're gonna take a looong time getting through the tower.

True. Chikorita will be stuck using Tackle forever more, and Totodile would have an easier time scaling Mt. Everest in ten minutes.
Ryuujin Posted at: 11:12 Feb15 2010 Post ID: 2803135
Ryuujin
+
+
It would be rather interesting to see Wynauts in the Dark Cave. If you go deeper into the cave, you can find Wobbuffets. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a little thing like Wynaut hanging nearby. They also love to play in fields, so I can see them venturing out into Route 30.
~ My Theme ~
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 00:42 Feb16 2010 Post ID: 2803437
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
I would like to have at least a pokemon that has a good type before the first gym(not your starter)and i mean somehting not pidgey,caterpie,weedle,sentret,bellsprout...hmm wonder if that guy is still there that traded onix for bellsprout?

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Ryuujin Posted at: 07:51 Feb16 2010 Post ID: 2803540
Ryuujin
+
+
Yes, and if the translators keep its nickname identical to the original's, it will be Rocky Balboa. ♥
~ My Theme ~
Volke Posted at: 08:05 Feb16 2010 Post ID: 2803545
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Bellsprout can eventually become a good pokemon, although in GSC it took an exceptionally long time to obtain a Leaf Stone (you couldn't get one until you had half-finished the Kanto part of the game, if I remember correctly), so I never bothered back then.
Ryuujin Posted at: 15:36 Feb16 2010 Post ID: 2803706
Ryuujin
+
+
You can get them on Route 30 (to the right of Violet), if you want an Onix. They are, however, less common there than in Route 31.
~ My Theme ~
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 03:43 Feb17 2010 Post ID: 2803908
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
Yea Onix will be helpful against Falkner cause im picking cynda and i dont want ot make him uber powerful.

Volke Posted at: 06:46 Feb17 2010 Post ID: 2803951
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Onix will only be much good if you evolve him into Steelix though, since Onix alone is rubbish - seriously, I giant snake made out of rocks and it's base Attack is 45! Steelix's base Attack is average (85), which doesn't make much sense either.
Ryuujin Posted at: 07:51 Feb17 2010 Post ID: 2803991
Ryuujin
+
+
You know, you have a very good point!

I wish there weren't any Rattata in Johto. They're so basic and unappealing, and they're practically on every route. It's like the Bubonic plague all over again.
~ My Theme ~
Volke Posted at: 08:39 Feb17 2010 Post ID: 2804006
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Ryuujin said:You know, you have a very good point!

I wish there weren't any Rattata in Johto. They're so basic and unappealing, and they're practically on every route. It's like the Bubonic plague all over again.

At least they're not in Hoenn and Sinnoh too. Zubat, Tentacool and Magikarp get dumped on us in every single region.
Ryuujin Posted at: 14:16 Feb17 2010 Post ID: 2804071
Ryuujin
+
+
We should boycott the next games if they're in it.

Pikachu should be available early on in the game ._.
~ My Theme ~
Kyoya Hibari Posted at: 18:55 Feb28 2010 Post ID: 2808672
Kyoya Hibari
+
+
I'd like it if there were some grass-type Pok�mon in Route 29. The entire route is verdant, and the only grass Pok�mon you can catch early on is Bellsprout. You've got to be kidding if you expect someone to be satisfied with just that. I don't have anything specific in mind to be placed in the route, but anything would be better than nothing.
[center]
[url=http://teams.supercheats.com/teams.php?tname=namimoridisciplinarycommittee][size=13]Leader of the Disciplinary Committee[/url]
Ryuujin Posted at: 19:15 Feb28 2010 Post ID: 2808682
Ryuujin
+
+
Not a bad suggestion. I think there should be more water-types available, also. I can't remember if you can get Poliwags in the grass near the pond on Route 30, but some more of the type would be nice. Maybe a Shellder or something.
~ My Theme ~
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close