Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Forgotten Characters... Sniff...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
nintendo dude Posted at: 06:22 Jun06 2009 Post ID: 2639003
nintendo dude
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I have no clue why, but Nintendo took 4 of melee's awesome characters and just kicked them out the door.

Mewtwo
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Roy

Do you think that they should have been in Brawl? Why did Nintendo leave them out?
I'm done here. Living over at thepurplecube.org as n.d. if you wanna say hi.
Volke Posted at: 07:09 Jun06 2009 Post ID: 2639029
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Quote - "4 of Melee's awesome characters". Hahaha, Dr. Mario was the only good one out of those four. The reasons Nintendo took them out were:

Mewtwo - No idea, probably because they wanted to add more pokemon (i.e. Lucario) into the game, but didn't want too many.

Dr. Mario - They probably saw him as a clone of Mario, despite the fact that he was played much differently by the pros.

Roy - Mediocre version of the best character in the game. They also needed to make way for Ike, a character from Fire Emblem that people have actually heard of.

Pichu - Worst character in the game. Simply put, a weaker, self-harming version of Pikachu.
Traffic Monger Posted at: 21:38 Jun06 2009 Post ID: 2639767
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
+
+
I'd have to agree with Volke. I don't know why they got rid of Dr. Mario other than the fact he was a clone. Mewtwo was probably cut because it was more known at that time, since it was a resident legend of the recent Pokemon games that came out. Lucario was a psuedo-legend, but was more anticipated than Mewtwo was, I think.

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
jose22_1986 Posted at: 08:26 Jun07 2009 Post ID: 2639941
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
+
Well none of them were very important since 3 of them were semi-clones and Mewtwo I didn't really like him anyway. Pichu should've most definitely been removed.
Volke Posted at: 08:43 Jun07 2009 Post ID: 2639958
Volke
Executioner
+
+
I can understand why you didn't like Mewtwo. There was very little that was actually good about him, bar his recovery capabilities.
mini_mario Posted at: 10:25 Jun07 2009 Post ID: 2640007
mini_mario
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Dr.Mario was the best. I don't understand why they had to take him off. The other three were also good. I only hated pichu because he was always weak and had no good attacks.

avatar credit to Trainer Saphire
signature credit to Layne
nintendo dude Posted at: 21:11 Jun09 2009 Post ID: 2642107
nintendo dude
+
+
On 07-Jun-2009 mini_mario said:Dr.Mario was the best. I don't understand why they had to take him off. The other three were also good. I only hated pichu because he was always weak and had no good attacks.
He rocks. Even if he was a clone of Mario, he had some different moves. Roy was SO much better than Marth, and maybe Ike. Mewtwo seems just as good, if not better than Lucario, and I had to put pichu in there because he was a forgotten character. I thought he was as good as Pikachu, though.
PhilXZ Posted at: 08:18 Jun10 2009 Post ID: 2642300
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
+
They should have left Roy and Dr. Mario. Those were the only good ones out of the mentioned 4. Mewtwo was too light-weight and Pichu too vulnerable.
Volke Posted at: 08:21 Jun10 2009 Post ID: 2642303
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 09-Jun-2009 nintendo dude said:He rocks. Even if he was a clone of Mario, he had some different moves. Roy was SO much better than Marth, and maybe Ike. Mewtwo seems just as good, if not better than Lucario, and I had to put pichu in there because he was a forgotten character. I thought he was as good as Pikachu, though.
Dr. Mario - It was how his attacks effected the opponent was what made him better than Mario.

Roy - Hahahaha, you're telling me there are still some people on this planet that are ignorant to the fact that Roy was a pathetic, mediocre version of Marth?

Mewtwo - Had potential, but HAL decided to make him crap. The only character he was better than was Pichu in Melee, and that's a well known fact.

Pichu - How the hell is Pichu just as good as Pikachu when his attacks are both weaker and self-harming?

Your statements on Roy and Pichu is an obvious indictor that you were no king off Melee, for sure. And don't give me any opinion crap - my statements are made on fact.
Twilight Warior Posted at: 14:24 Jun10 2009 Post ID: 2642738
Twilight Warior
+
+
Dr Mario rocked. They should have kept him. i hate pikachu. they should have swapped
Back partially
nintendo dude Posted at: 19:42 Jun10 2009 Post ID: 2643066
nintendo dude
+
+
On 10-Jun-2009 Volke said:Dr. Mario - It was how his attacks effected the opponent was what made him better than Mario.

Roy - Hahahaha, you're telling me there are still some people on this planet that are ignorant to the fact that Roy was a pathetic, mediocre version of Marth?

Mewtwo - Had potential, but HAL decided to make him crap. The only character he was better than was Pichu in Melee, and that's a well known fact.

Pichu - How the hell is Pichu just as good as Pikachu when his attacks are both weaker and self-harming?

Your statements on Roy and Pichu is an obvious indictor that you were no king off Melee, for sure. And don't give me any opinion crap - my statements are made on fact.
Um, Roy WAS better than Marth in just about everything.

Pichu had strong attacks, despite the facts that some of his attacks hurt him.

Mewtwo was slow and light, but he had powerful attacks.

Dr. Mario was better than mario, not a clone. He was a bit slower though.

How do you know that I'm not good at melee? I rocked. And I have a right to my own opinion.
Volke Posted at: 09:37 Jun11 2009 Post ID: 2643393
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 10-Jun-2009 nintendo dude said:Um, Roy WAS better than Marth in just about everything.

Pichu had strong attacks, despite the facts that some of his attacks hurt him.

Mewtwo was slow and light, but he had powerful attacks.

Dr. Mario was better than mario, not a clone. He was a bit slower though.

How do you know that I'm not good at melee? I rocked. And I have a right to my own opinion.
Roy - Are you kidding? The sweet spot positioning was enough to make Marth better than Roy, but Marth was better at so much more. Despite the initial idea that Roy is supposed to be stronger, 6/11 of the attacks that both Marth and Roy carry dealt more damage when used with Marth. Roy's standard B was only more effective than Marth's when it was fully charged, and it took way to long to fully charge. Roy was also much slower. I could go on, but I think I've given enough examples.

Pichu - I wouldn't say strong attacks, and Pikachu's wer eeither as strong or stronger and had the additional bonus of not causing self-harm. Seriously, there was no need for Pichu, and many wondered why he was in the game in the first place.

Mewtwo - Relatively powerful attacks that he really couldn't do much with to an experienced player. Yes, he was quite powerful, but very limited in a combo sense.

Dr. Mario - He was a clone in the standard sense, but a professional Dr. Mario and Mario user would use both characters very differently.

I know you're not that good because your general character knowledge is off. You would realise that Roy was much worse than Marth and that Mewtwo and Pichu were the only two characters in the lowest of the tiers if your character knowledge was any good. Trust me, you're not the first person I've had this discussion with. Far from it, actually.
nintendo dude Posted at: 16:37 Jun11 2009 Post ID: 2643837
nintendo dude
+
+
On 11-Jun-2009 Volke said:Roy - Are you kidding? The sweet spot positioning was enough to make Marth better than Roy, but Marth was better at so much more. Despite the initial idea that Roy is supposed to be stronger, 6/11 of the attacks that both Marth and Roy carry dealt more damage when used with Marth. Roy's standard B was only more effective than Marth's when it was fully charged, and it took way to long to fully charge. Roy was also much slower. I could go on, but I think I've given enough examples.

Pichu - I wouldn't say strong attacks, and Pikachu's wer eeither as strong or stronger and had the additional bonus of not causing self-harm. Seriously, there was no need for Pichu, and many wondered why he was in the game in the first place.

Mewtwo - Relatively powerful attacks that he really couldn't do much with to an experienced player. Yes, he was quite powerful, but very limited in a combo sense.

Dr. Mario - He was a clone in the standard sense, but a professional Dr. Mario and Mario user would use both characters very differently.

I know you're not that good because your general character knowledge is off. You would realise that Roy was much worse than Marth and that Mewtwo and Pichu were the only two characters in the lowest of the tiers if your character knowledge was any good. Trust me, you're not the first person I've had this discussion with. Far from it, actually.
I think it's just your opinion. I'm better with Roy, and you're better with Marth. I can play with Mewtwo and Pichu, and you can't. There are characters that I can't play as too, and you're probably good with them. Simple as that.Thumbs Up
Cervantes De Leon Posted at: 18:42 Jun11 2009 Post ID: 2643878
Cervantes De Leon
+
+
I agree with Volke on the whole Marth/Roy debate here. I originally used Roy for a bit thinking that he was better, but I soon shifted to Marth as I got better. He's now my best character in Melee and one of my best in Brawl. His speed, combos and edgeguarding abilities (the latter I found better in Melee than in Brawl) make him superior to the advertising ploy that is Roy.

Mewtwo definately had potential. I remember being rather excited when he first challenged me, bt then disappointed when I tried him out after unlocking him. His special attacks aren't up to much (although Shadow Ball was ok) while his standard attacks are average. He was ok, but Lucario trumps him.

Dr. Mario is a clone. He might have had aspects to his fighting style that differed to the normal Mario, but he was still a clone.

Pichu was pointless. A Pikachu clone that hurt himself with a large amount of his attacks, (mainly the good/important attacks, such as his smashes and recovery). Add to that he was weaker, lighter and only slightly faster than the already nippy Pikachu, and you have the worst character in the franchise.

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
Volke Posted at: 09:31 Jun12 2009 Post ID: 2644214
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 11-Jun-2009 nintendo dude said:I think it's just your opinion. I'm better with Roy, and you're better with Marth. I can play with Mewtwo and Pichu, and you can't. There are characters that I can't play as too, and you're probably good with them. Simple as that.Thumbs Up
It isn't opinion, I'm afraid.

The tier list placed the the professional players of the game (the ones who participated in worldwide competitions that they were invited to because of their skill) consisted of these six categories in Melee:

Top Tier (Marth was here)
Upper Tier
High Tier (Doc was here, at a higher ranking than Mario, who was also in this tier)
Middle Tier (Roy was here)
Lower Tier
Bottom Tier (Mewtwo and Pichu were here, and they were the only two characters in it)

You may be better with Roy - that's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just stating that in terms of fact rather than opinion, Marth was by far the better character. I'm not saying you have to stop using Roy or that you're bad at using him or anything. Marth wasn't originally my favourite character; Captain Falcon was (so you can guess that I'm pretty annoyed that he was screwed over in Brawl). Captain Falcon was Upper Tier, which I was happy about, but I eventually got more into the blue-haired princeling.

I could use pretty much all of the characters in the game, at least to some degree. There were a few things I disagreed with, such as Fox supposedly being better than Falco (it was close, but most of the pros thoguht that Fox slightly had the edge at the end of the day, although Falco far outclasses Fox in Brawl. I've always thought Falco was better, though).

I do carry my own opinion, but I always like to look up the facts and see what the professionals think. You're entitled to your own opinion, of course, but I do like to point out the facts to people.
nintendo dude Posted at: 06:44 Jun13 2009 Post ID: 2644805
nintendo dude
+
+
All right. I'll stick with Roy, then, if I get better, I'll try Marth.
Volke Posted at: 11:07 Jun13 2009 Post ID: 2644990
Volke
Executioner
+
+
It's a pity Melee isn't WiFi competible. I was really good at it, and it would probably be a lot easier to give demonstration as to what I mean.

Try checking out some videos on Youtube of Melee's pros. There were a few that explained the differences and the pros and cons of all the 'clones'. It's really surprising how good they are, though. I remember how surprised I was when I first saw them.
riddles500 Posted at: 13:53 Jun13 2009 Post ID: 2645056
riddles500
+
+
i hate threads like this
i was the king at melee
one of my friends was unbeatable for several years then i played him and won, and it was my first time ever playing, i beat him with pichu
i was pichu and he was marth
i have never been defeated as pichu,mewtwo, or roy, and those 3 are my 3 favorite to play as. some people are jus good with some charecters and not others. so what if marth was in top bracket at the worldwide competition, that person was just good with marth, or got lucky with marth
if you know how to use the charecters weakness's and strengths to ur advantage, it is very easy to win with any charecter
Aether13 Posted at: 17:45 Jun13 2009 Post ID: 2645192
Aether13
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I do have to agree with just about everything Volke has said, even though I would have like to have Roy, Dr. Mario, and Metwo in there mainly for the hell of it, I mean if they can put characters like sonic in there why not any of those 3? Also I was shocked they didn't put Roy in there out of all of them since they seem to have a little trio thing going on. A final thing, nintendo could have easily fixed this whole argument if they would have just had DLC for this game which would make it easily the king of all nintendo games ever.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
nintendo dude Posted at: 14:42 Jun14 2009 Post ID: 2645668
nintendo dude
+
+
I don't see why it would hurt to have them in.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 536289

Post Top
Click to close