Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Sonic, what do you think of him?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
bomba Posted at: 14:47 Mar24 2008 Post ID: 2169389
bomba
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Actually with the spin charge you can rise off the ground to.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
DaphneX3Derek Posted at: 14:56 Mar24 2008 Post ID: 2169411
DaphneX3Derek
+
+
On 24-Mar-2008 sora668 said:Alright, you people who think sonic had no point of being in the game...

Think about his combos. I'll display two. spin dash, hit a foe before hitting the ground and traveling a while before the spindash stops, up a, jump, up a, spring jump, up a, knock out. or down a, for a speedy recover downwards towards someone who wants to ko you. you'll also probably hit whoever you were combo crazy on.

Spin charge, Spin dash, press a right before you hit a character, press a again,if you're headed to the left press right a, to the right press left a, spring jump, down a.

There you go. If you get someone into these comboes it does major damage. And if you don't like Sonic and see these comboes work nicely for you, you'll probably change your opinion. Smile
Sora, YOU are the reason why i bring up this topic. Countless time when ive played with you, its homing attack after homing attack, terribly placed recovery after terribly placed recovery, uncontrollable spin dash after uncontrollable spin dash. Sonic is perhaps the cheapest character nintendo could've added to the game, and the most overhyped. He's cheap for one, annoying, and could've been alot better. People who use him just really annoy me.

example: entering a brawl, and i see sonic pop up doing the only thing he can do, spin. Great. Another easy sonic match, boring.

Maybe i just really hate sonic because the people who use him don't know how to use him, don't know how to string combos, let alone stay on the stage without killing themselves.

If i can find someone who's actually GOOD as sonic, i might like the character a little more. Until then, sonic, die.

Thanks sig master for the amazing sig
*** Ranked #1 with Ganondorf on SC ***
[size=7]I also main Zelda, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers.
Brawl FC: 3437-2723-7050
Name: Derek[/color][/size]
.Echo Posted at: 23:00 Mar24 2008 Post ID: 2170057
.Echo
+
+
On 21-Mar-2008 coachcline said:I like him, he's quite fast an' his attacks are good ta use. His FS is kinda hard ta control but it does unload major damage. If ya know how ta use him he's a good fit. Although they should've put Tails an' Shadow in as characters along with Sonic.
For your sake.

$0/\/!(_!$_+3#_1337!
Brawl FC:2449-4496-6088
Name:Nick
Join the PhilXZ's Omega Forums today!

Signature by .Impact and avatar by Neko,thanks guys.
dragonmaster745 Posted at: 23:30 Mar24 2008 Post ID: 2170062
dragonmaster745
+
+
On 24-Mar-2008 DaphneX3Derek said:Sora, YOU are the reason why i bring up this topic. Countless time when ive played with you, its homing attack after homing attack, terribly placed recovery after terribly placed recovery, uncontrollable spin dash after uncontrollable spin dash. Sonic is perhaps the cheapest character nintendo could've added to the game, and the most overhyped. He's cheap for one, annoying, and could've been alot better. People who use him just really annoy me.

example: entering a brawl, and i see sonic pop up doing the only thing he can do, spin. Great. Another easy sonic match, boring.

Maybe i just really hate sonic because the people who use him don't know how to use him, don't know how to string combos, let alone stay on the stage without killing themselves.

If i can find someone who's actually GOOD as sonic, i might like the character a little more. Until then, sonic, die.
I don't do that. I havea combo that goes like spin dash up right in front of them up b right in front of them and while they're stunned i dair into them then while they've been launched up into the air I jump up and side air attack them.

So there nt everyone does the same predictable move... he has a homing attack?

Name: David
brawl fc: 1418-6442-8427
No 1 Luigi on SC
your average kid Posted at: 08:24 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170246
your average kid
+
+
Sonic is a great character! The only reason you might suck and not like him is because it takes PRACTICE! And, yeah, in a Wi-Fi match it is hard to control due to all of the lag, but in order to be good with ANY charater you need to practice with them, then you could be good with them to. If you took the time to practice with him and get use to his style. So practice with him a little and THEN MAKE A JUDGEMENT!!!!

All you sonic fans out there, I'm trying to back you up on this.

« Last edited by your average kid on Mar 25th 2008 »
[center]
^Creds for the ownage sig go to .Impact^
Call me Kyle
My Forum/Northern Lights
[size=12]If your a supporter of "END THE LEAVING WAVE" add this to your Sig
DaphneX3Derek Posted at: 08:43 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170252
DaphneX3Derek
+
+
your average kid, no offense, but you're really the last person who should be talking.

lol you use bowser lol...

your average kid Posted at: 08:48 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170255
your average kid
+
+
I use bowser alot, I know, but before that I used no one BUT sonic, and I still do. I try to moderrate between Sonic, Bowser, and Lucas. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure I have plenty of room to talk.

[center]
Call me Kyle
My Forum/Northern Lights
DaphneX3Derek Posted at: 08:54 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170259
DaphneX3Derek
+
+
I still wouldn't say that. I don't understand why anyone would use bowser, and especially you.
Going from sonic to bowser is a huge opposite, its seems like you put on a blindfold and chose 2 or 3 characters at random (that are completely opposite) and just went with them, not knowing they're completely different styles and you're bound to suck with 1 or 2 if not all 3.

« Last edited by DaphneX3Derek on Mar 25th 2008 »

your average kid Posted at: 09:03 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170261
your average kid
+
+
Like I said, THINGS TAKE PRACTICE! So I'm not the best, BIG WOOP, it doesn't matter. I'm still ajusting to the different styles. But look at it from this angle. Who has a better chance of winning a matnch, someone who is skilled with one style or someone who is good with several styles? Also, Who would win, someone with less diversity among attacks or someone who has a large diversity among attacks?
[center]
Call me Kyle
My Forum/Northern Lights
DaphneX3Derek Posted at: 09:10 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170265
DaphneX3Derek
+
+
On 25-Mar-2008 your average kid said:Like I said, THINGS TAKE PRACTICE! So I'm not the best, BIG WOOP, it doesn't matter. I'm still ajusting to the different styles. But look at it from this angle. Who has a better chance of winning a matnch, someone who is skilled with one style or someone who is good with several styles? Also, Who would win, someone with less diversity among attacks or someone who has a large diversity among attacks?
1st off, if you're more experienced with a character then someone who uses 3 characters and isnt so experienced, it's obvious who will win. And with styles, it really comes down to the character that you main, which means you'll be using one style. You can't use more then 1 style, so why should it matter?

my points:

A) More practice with just one character mean you'll be with that character, you can't split up exp. between multiple characters.

B) You only use 1 character at a time, so you can only really put to use 1 style at a time, and if you're unexperienced with him/her, then you'll probably f a i l .

C) Sonic is annoying, and looks the same no matter what attack you use.

bomba Posted at: 09:11 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170267
bomba
+
+
Sonic is my main, I'm best with him and can use him right. No character, not even jigglypuff sucks in this one. They each have there good and bad points.

DaphneX3Derek Posted at: 09:16 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170270
DaphneX3Derek
+
+
Yeah ill admit, i like sonic when someone is actually good with him. Otherwise, just go away, select another character.

your average kid Posted at: 09:20 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170275
your average kid
+
+
Look, in a seires of matches where you stick with one character your opponent(human, not com) will catch on to you and then make a stratagie to beat you and you will be fighting a new opponent and you may not now its abillites.

I'd hate to bring my science class into this but, Which spieces has the best survival/reproductive rate. A spicies that acapts to change or one that has a hard time to adapt?
[center]
Call me Kyle
My Forum/Northern Lights
DaphneX3Derek Posted at: 09:25 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170278
DaphneX3Derek
+
+
Really for me it just comes down to speed and the ability to just dodge an attack. Plain and simple, this isnt any science experiment. Bowser is slow and heavy, so he's easy to dodge and takes a little bit longer to knock off.

My point: easy to dodge.

Sonic, well, he's just fast and hardly any damage, unless you're good enough to find a combo with him that doesnt look the same ( XD GOOD LUCK)

And to the whole adapting thing, i can adapt to a character if you're no good with him, which brings up the whole experience thing. If i have more experience in a character and you have less, no matter what, i will almost win (unless im ill fated by a bomb-om dropping on me, which i was i don't really use items).

Edit: Not to mention that if i have enough experience with a character, i should have no trouble adapting your next new character. Let me as you this, when we battle and i use wolf the entire time and your switching between sonic and bowser, tell me, who wins each match? Me. Question answered.

« Last edited by DaphneX3Derek on Mar 25th 2008 »

your average kid Posted at: 09:35 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170283
your average kid
+
+
OH MY GOD! Where were you a few posts ago! All it takes is practice! That is all you need to win in a match is practice! It doesn't matter how good you are, if you PRACTICE combos, you will be able to catch an opponent off guard and then be able to continualy hammer them with more combos! See all this game requires is stratige and PRACTICE!

Edit: Your forgeting the lag! that can have a big impact on the outcome of a match.

[center]
Call me Kyle
My Forum/Northern Lights
DaphneX3Derek Posted at: 09:38 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170285
DaphneX3Derek
+
+
my point is if you're using 3 characters, it will take you 3 times as long to get enough experience with that character. Let alone bowser lol.......

But my point was if you're not experienced enough because you're using 3 characters then the person with more exp will win, hands down.

What im trying to say is focus on 1 character you're reallyy good with. As long as it's not sonic lol.

your average kid Posted at: 09:45 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170287
your average kid
+
+
So different people have different opinions. I,m just saying that it doesn't matter how much exp. If you know tke ins and outs of a character and you know there combos well enough you dan beat the most experianced person.

Could someone please help me convince him?
[center]
Call me Kyle
My Forum/Northern Lights
King of Hell Posted at: 17:59 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170896
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
+
On 25-Mar-2008 DaphneX3Derek said:1st off, if you're more experienced with a character then someone who uses 3 characters and isnt so experienced, it's obvious who will win. And with styles, it really comes down to the character that you main, which means you'll be using one style. You can't use more then 1 style, so why should it matter?

my points:

A) More practice with just one character mean you'll be with that character, you can't split up exp. between multiple characters.

B) You only use 1 character at a time, so you can only really put to use 1 style at a time, and if you're unexperienced with him/her, then you'll probably f a i l .

C) Sonic is annoying, and looks the same no matter what attack you use.
I've never heard a worse lie than that before. "You can't use more than one style"... Where the hell did you hear that? You can use as many styles as you know. I just change the song I'm listening to and boom. I change the style I play with. It all depends on how well you know your character, and how well you know your ability. If you think you can only use one style, I seriously suggest giving your game to somebody a little less narrow minded. And you can split your experience through every character, not just a few. You just learn how the game works, and after playing, you get better with everyone.

dragonmaster745 Posted at: 18:01 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2170903
dragonmaster745
+
+
Umm I hate to say it but there is one person who has won several BIG tournaments with Bowser... but I think he isn't that good.

Name: David
brawl fc: 1418-6442-8427
No 1 Luigi on SC
your average kid Posted at: 19:59 Mar25 2008 Post ID: 2171093
your average kid
+
+
On 25-Mar-2008 King of Hell said:I've never heard a worse lie than that before. "You can't use more than one style"... Where the hell did you hear that? You can use as many styles as you know. I just change the song I'm listening to and boom. I change the style I play with. It all depends on how well you know your character, and how well you know your ability. If you think you can only use one style, I seriously suggest giving your game to somebody a little less narrow minded. And you can split your experience through every character, not just a few. You just learn how the game works, and after playing, you get better with everyone.
Thank you. I couldn't have said it better, and thanks for backing me up on this.
[center]
Call me Kyle
My Forum/Northern Lights
Displaying Page 2 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close