Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Unofficial Supercheats Tier List (First Draft)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 10
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 8 | 9 | Last     Previous | Next
Oli_ftw Posted at: 19:41 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256395
Oli_ftw
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Ill post some stuff on Kirby tomorow im tired atm.
I'm a jerk
johnkrill Posted at: 19:51 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256438
johnkrill
Post Likes: 2
+
+
No problem Oli. I do feel that Kirby should stay at the lower tier level.

Seeing as there are so many characters in the "middle" tier section, I may choose to eliminate the "bottom" tier and instead create an "upper middle" and "lower middle" tier bracket.

Does that seem like a good idea?

Sig and Avy made my me!!!
Brawl FC is 3394-4531-4018
King of Hell Posted at: 19:56 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256449
King of Hell
+
+
Seems like a good idea... Though I'm still iffy on your placement of Kirby. Could you attempt to justify that for me?

pok_u_2_death Posted at: 20:05 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256465
pok_u_2_death
Post Likes: 0
+
+
1. dozin i know its your opinion but that tier list is horrible. fox and falco in low tier?

2. kirby should stay in low tier. he has some good ground and aerials but thats about it BUT he is not only easy to ko but is also insanely slow for a small character

3. keep lower tier but add the other two as well

p.s. im trying to be supportive here but , i know pd will support me in saying this, Tiers R 4 Queers.

« Last edited by pok_u_2_death on May 27th 2008 »

^Join The Fad^
[center]
Sig by Phil

Brawl FC: 0817-3454-6962
[size=20]#1 Yoshi on SC[size=20]
Probe
King of Hell Posted at: 20:06 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256467
King of Hell
+
+
So, from what you've told me, Kirby should stay in low tier because of his good moves?

PokemonDiamond40 Posted at: 20:08 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256469
PokemonDiamond40
+
+
mmm kirby low tier or mid nothing higher than that in MY opinion

Tourneys won: 12
Our Spike Compilation Vid
My Team
My Pit Trick Video
thx trainer saphire for the awesome sig ^_^
Azdaja Posted at: 20:09 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256471
Azdaja
+
+
Some good ground and aerials thats sounds like agreement almost.

Nobody has all good moves and kirby has some powerful attacks ie his hammer and (if you can use it correctly) his dair. Which can also meteor smash with the last hit so you can start a little early and still kill them but if they recover you can just go ahead and attack again.

Makin' a comeback!
pok_u_2_death Posted at: 20:15 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256492
pok_u_2_death
+
+
I edited my post. the dair is insanely hard to hit with.

^Join The Fad^
[center]
Sig by Phil

Brawl FC: 0817-3454-6962
[size=20]#1 Yoshi on SC[size=20]
Probe
King of Hell Posted at: 20:20 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256504
King of Hell
+
+
Like most Dairs... Hammer, Final Cutter and rock are godly. Thats 3/4 special moves that absolutely own. Infinity Punch is a great edge guarder, his Fsmash is good for combo starting, his Usmash is a good aerial combo starter, and his Nair is a good alternative to Meteor Smashing. Instead, follow them off the side.

PokemonDiamond40 Posted at: 20:23 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256509
PokemonDiamond40
+
+
King Dedede's placement as either lower or upper tier
- Mr. Game and Watch's movement down to middle tier
- Fox's movement down to middle tier
- Wolf's movement down to upper tier
- Wario's promotion to upper tier

ui ownt get into deatilas cause no time so ill just give out my opinions

Mr. Game and Watch No movement down
Fox stay there
Wolf Go down
wario PROMOTED

My Team
My Pit Trick Video
johnkrill Posted at: 20:33 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256520
johnkrill
+
+
Alright, allow me to construct the "upper middle" and "lower middle" bracketts.

Please continue discussion. I'd like to get the King Dedede situation over and done with :P

*EDIT* I have remade the tier list draft on the first post. Please look it over. The high and low middle tier character placements were decided by me alone and will need revising!

« Last edited by johnkrill on May 27th 2008 »

marielue5 Posted at: 20:44 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256526
marielue5
+
+
On 27-May-2008 King of Hell said:Seems like a good idea... Though I'm still iffy on your placement of Kirby. Could you attempt to justify that for me?
Well I agree...

Some good things about kirby:

Combos:

Your opponent is at 0%, he can grab you and throw you forward, then you can hit up a, grab again and throw forward, up a, grab again then side a, and your opponent can't get out of it. Thats; grab>up a>grab>up a>grab>a side and they can't get out of it. This should leave them at around 51% without being able to get out of it.(if you did it when they were at 0% that is...

You may use this tool to create many different combos another; grab> up a> grab> up a> B(which eats them and gives you their B move) another; (for heavy charicters) grab> up a>while holding the stick down to the side hit a> jump side a(in air)> a side. Again these combos are very hard to get out of.

Another combo(down tilt)
While flat on the ground(holding down the control stick) hit a, then after you hit your opponent hit forward smash(a side) to send them flying. Cool thing about this combo is they can get out of a side after you hit down a, but even if they do dodge you can keep using a down over and over knocking them back, and you forward. Anyways thats down a> a side. Its pretty nifty.

Off edge;

When off the edge with kirby you can hit a down to knock your opponent down to his death. You can also(while trying to get back on stage, and your opponent is trying to kick you off by jumping off the stage after you) hit b up and take your opponent down to his death, while you get back on the edge. This is pretty nifty as well, if you use it right.

Another awesome combo is jumping and hitting a side, do it over and over again into your opponent and drive him off the stage. Thats jump a side> jump a side> etc.> Off edge> edge guard. Thats actually really fun and awesome to use.

Again you dont have to stick to these exact combos, you can switch some of them around, however you do have to stick with the basic idea, or they wont work.

Anyways yeah thats the reason why kirby should not be bottem tier. You made a good tier list, but if you leave kirby there it will just ruin everything, I actually think kirby is almost high tier.

BAH put me up against a sonic with DDD then youll change your mind as sonic is crap. - oli

I just thought I would point out that this post doesn't make any sense at all, your basing the tier list on how you play? And I highly doubt you would beat the best sonic player out there =P Which is who we are basicly making tiers off of, not off us, but off the full potential and depth the charicters have, which the pros demonstrate, not us.
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

johnkrill Posted at: 20:53 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256531
johnkrill
+
+
I will consider bumping up kirby to a middle tier, but definately not into upper tier. He is still to light and lacking in power to be a top rated character.

Just as a side test, I wanted to see how much damage Kirby could take (in comparison with other characters) before he'd get ko'd off screen. The average KO damage percentage from withstanding a regular smash attack was around 120% to 150% damage. Kirby was easily KO'd between 80 and 100% damage, which is a major disadvantage.

marielue5 Posted at: 20:55 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256533
marielue5
+
+
On 27-May-2008 johnkrill said:I will consider bumping up kirby to a middle tier, but definately not into upper tier. He is still to light and lacking in power to be a top rated character.

Just as a side test, I wanted to see how much damage Kirby could take (in comparison with other characters) before he'd get ko'd off screen. The average KO damage percentage from withstanding a regular smash attack was around 120% to 150% damage. Kirby was easily KO'd between 80 and 100% damage, which is a major disadvantage.
Well thanks, middle tier will do.

And I agree, that is a flaw in kirby, however he is still very good. But I understand your decision, and would have probably done the same with kirby(put him middle tier) due to the over all view of kirby on the forum.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Azdaja Posted at: 20:55 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256534
Azdaja
+
+
Unless you are a pro. But I stand by Kirby. Plus for the weirdos who play on picto chat a lot kirby has glitch power.

Makin' a comeback!
PokemonDiamond40 Posted at: 21:02 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256543
PokemonDiamond40
+
+
OMG! edge is here

Falco for High tierSmile

mmm king dedede is really good

My Team
My Pit Trick Video
johnkrill Posted at: 21:06 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256551
johnkrill
+
+
I may put Dedede in upper tier, seeing as lots of people agree in his upper tier capabilities.

Falco does not deserve upper tier, especially if wolf gts bumped down to upper tier. Falco is high middle at best.

marielue5 Posted at: 21:07 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256553
marielue5
+
+
Lol, yup I've been busy, but I'm on.

Yes I agree with ddd being upper tier.

Falco should be highish middle.
fc 0301-9016-8239

PokemonDiamond40 Posted at: 21:09 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256554
PokemonDiamond40
+
+
*sighs* falco wolf and fox are pretty equal in my opinion

Wolf = gun spammer heave smash hitter, gun stuns
Fox= Fast damage racker, gun doesnt stun but can sorta last along time in the air with shield for recovery
Falco = aerial and spiker not to mention his shield stuns as well\

i think they should all be in same tier

Nobody Criticize my postEvil

« Last edited by PokemonDiamond40 on May 27th 2008 »

My Team
My Pit Trick Video
johnkrill Posted at: 21:17 May27 2008 Post ID: 2256560
johnkrill
+
+
King Dedede has been promoted to upper tier due to the popularity of the idea.

Also, Wolf doesn't need smash moves to send opponents flying. Heck his standard A combo will hit somebody pretty far. You'll need to smash somebody with Fox to send opponent's anywhere. Falco does have good aerial, but still lacks the same power that Wolf has (though I think Flaco's blaster is better).

Displaying Page 3 of 10
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 8 | 9 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 136734

Post Top
Click to close