Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

ULTIMATE MOVE!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Patooty Posted at: 04:21 Aug01 2005 Post ID: 306308
Patooty
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Can't believe that I forgot to mention the shine >.<
Anyway.. my vote goes to it.

BTW, According to Bam Bam Boom's standards, a triple countered Charge+b from roy would be the ultimate move. All characters are roy of course. If you're hit, you die. So it MUST be the ultimate move 0.o
Resident Samus of SuperCheats |
THE Canadian Samus |
Best in BC
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:38 Aug01 2005 Post ID: 307601
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 31-Jul-2005 XIF said:falco's dair is not a meteor in any game. In PAL, the second half of the animation sends the opponent up and out, not down.

thats about <_<
Exactly, I stated why:

-Meteor Smashes make a sparkle a split-second before the attack is used
-CPs almost always meteor-cancel a Meteor Smash
-When Meteor Smashes are cancelled, tiny sparkles of stars appear where the foe cancelled
-Meteor Smashes have superior spiking levels

Falco's down-A does not follow any of those rules, and thus, is not a Meteor Smash. Even if it is a spike.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 16:44 Aug01 2005 Post ID: 307611
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
lol, my mistake >_<

yeah, it isn't a meteor....
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:22 Aug02 2005 Post ID: 310664
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 31-Jul-2005 nevake said:Fox's shine is superior to flaco's shine.. don't argue >_>
But Falco's is better for starting combos. It's very fast to start with, a good shine, jump, shine, mid-air jump, uair, and if enough damage had been applied in the first place, then the foe would be picking up teeth in the afterlife.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

nevake Posted at: 17:56 Aug02 2005 Post ID: 310764
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Wrong you can waveshine out of fox's for endless combo possibilities. And, the shine is the fastest move in the game, 1 frame start up time.
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 00:34 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 311540
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
thing is, flaco's shine gets screwed by damage and di, while fox's doesn't. fox can't shine combo against anybody lighter than ntsc marth and can't inverse anybody more slippery than marth, but anybody else had better watch out. a shine means a free grab/usmash at least, and with uthrow being a threat against practically everyone in the game, and usmash being the killer that it is, the combos fox gets from shine aren't trivial!

both shines come out in 1 frame. these two attacks, plus jiggly's rest, are the fastest attacks in the game.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
t0ms0nic Posted at: 08:14 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 311964
t0ms0nic
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ultimate Move for me is Snore from Jigglypuff.I seem to ALWAYS hit them with it,even if they're still,or moving,or in the air.It just ALWAYS hits.

If not Jigglypuff,the HomeRun Bat.Sheik has the best one,flipping them into the air,then hammering them into Space.
Cleaning up the cobwebs and un-covering a old Legend... t0ms0nic, thy name is Stupid. Approach with 50 foot long (advised more) poking stick. http://i1.tinypic.com/s3fpqa.gif = My Sprites. Don't use without permission from me. MSN me at [email protected]
Joshgt3 Posted at: 09:56 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 312025
Joshgt3
+
+
Fox's things are always better than Falco's things. I mean really people, look at the odvios things like the jumping distance, Fox can jump way farther than Falco could ever dream. That is just one of the things

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
XIF Posted at: 19:07 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313485
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Falco's shine shouldnt be underestimated though. A good falco can shine combo most characters into the 70%'s on a good day. On fast fallers it can be total obliteration.
nevake Posted at: 19:15 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313497
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah, but Fox's shine works on most of the characters while Falco's runs into its limits pretty early on the lighter characters.
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 21:51 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 313757
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 03-Aug-2005 XIF said:Falco's shine shouldnt be underestimated though. A good falco can shine combo most characters into the 70%'s on a good day. On fast fallers it can be total obliteration.
not so easily, di obliterates flaco's shine. the bird can't move laterally fast enough to keep up with horizontal di. works best on ffers because falco can keep up with them with a wave-shine. not so with, say, peach or mario.
game_mario Posted at: 09:01 Aug07 2005 Post ID: 322098
game_mario
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Can we stop talking about Falco's spike? Please!

What about Ganondorf's dair, isn't that an ultimate move?
It's been a while, hasn't it?
Cylun Posted at: 19:49 Aug09 2005 Post ID: 329054
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I liked ssb ness's better. I remembered comboing the enemies for 60% damage with that(it was on .5 damage settings, but still...)
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
Joshgt3 Posted at: 20:23 Aug09 2005 Post ID: 329109
Joshgt3
+
+
The old ness is alot better

Hell, It's about time!
My Photobucket
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT Posted at: 01:40 Aug10 2005 Post ID: 329525
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
obvi.
krazyzyko Posted at: 16:21 Aug15 2005 Post ID: 344567
krazyzyko
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Fox can easily knock down anyone off the stage by using the reflector, or grabbing and throwing down in the edge.
WarriorofZarona Posted at: 16:32 Aug15 2005 Post ID: 344599
WarriorofZarona
Forum GuestMember
+
+
krazyzyko, do NOT double post. The edit function is there for a reason. I already gave you a warning. If you didn't see it the first time, you better see it now. I'll be deleting your double post.
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close